PDA

View Full Version : new console, X-Box killer?

Indrema
03-28-2001, 03:23 PM
hey guys first of all sweet site!!! :)

I am looking forward to seeing the X-box in action

but there is a few things about it that may dissapoint me, only time will tell i guess

i got a question for y'all

Ive found some interesting info about an upcoming console which isnt just for gamers,

it looks pretty damn good

I mean so does the X-box but with Microsoft's past of unreliable O/S's im a bit weary

Yes I know but even Win2k can crap out on you once in a while

anyways im not here to bash M$ or the X-box so i will move forward :D

this console looks awesome and has some really sweet features

First of all the platform is Linux :D

second the graphics card is the next gen nVidia but it is also swappable for a newer one without even dismantling the case!

if developers pick up on this and can harness its power to a good level then i fell I may have to scrap plans to buy X-box and wait for the Indrema

I am an avid PC gamer and ive spent ALOT of money on my rig over the years

the only console ive ever bought was the Atari 2600 LOL

so im looking forward to maybe getting a console soon now that they have NET support and are starting to shine

it would be nice to not have to upgrade my rig every 6 months lol

anyways I will give u a linky dinky and I just want opinions what u guys and gals all think of this thing

here ya go!

http://idn.indrema.com/under/index.html

Underdog
03-29-2001, 11:43 AM
I can't bring myself to click your link you gave to us Indrema. If I click it, I wouldn't be able to stare at that HOT chick anymore.

Xbox Master
03-29-2001, 02:25 PM
true.....very very very very true!

Indrema
03-29-2001, 05:32 PM
lol
okok

I see the attraction so I will give u guys a nice treat! :)

her name is Ali Larter

I got the pic from MAXIM
magazine

you can see more of her here

http://www.maximonline.com/girls_of_maxim

*stands back and watched you all clicking link faster then a blink of an eye*

BTW I realized it looks as though I may work for Indrema

I dont, just had to make a sig for it cause I plan to make a site about it

figured I had better get myself into the *groove*

lol

Underdog
04-09-2001, 12:54 PM
I just heard that Indrema is having some cash flow problems and if it's not fixed, Indrema might go bye-bye. How true is this? By the way, thanks for the link to the hotties! :)

WWF
04-09-2001, 10:19 PM
i would rather get an indrema than a gamecube but i am still going to get an xbox. it is a promising console with a lot of support from developers but im not sure that indrema will catch on at all. i would love to see it succeed but im going with xbox all the way.

Indrema
04-10-2001, 03:58 AM
yes that is correct they have suffered some finacial difficulties (what do u expect its a private owned company trying to compete with the bigboys!)

all is not lost yet though so dont throw in that towel just yet! ;)

one thing maybe u guys should know that if Indrema succeed's it will help to revolutionize the future of Consoles, Games and PC's in general,

not just this one little box will be affected by indrema if it is a success..

open Source is the future!!!..., it will kill M$ one day...

it may not be the Indrema that brings upon this revolution, but it will happen ;)

Indrema
04-10-2001, 04:24 AM
BTW Indrema is also partners with Red Hat, a company which has been doubling its revenues every year :)

I doubt this is the final chapter in Indrema...

think about it, if Indrema takes off, it still may take a year or two for real high quality games to come out for it, but when they do they will be also adapatble easily to Linux

I dunno,but the idea of not having to pay for software, or atleast not having to pay hundreds, even thousands of dollars for software certainly appeals to me :)

there is already 3d modelling and render's for *nix that far surpass anything u will find on a PC,(you dont think movie effects are made on a windows PC do u ? LOL not many)
if ther was alot of good games and a photoshop 6 equivelant for LINUX I would already have burned my Windows CD's long time ago lol

WWF
04-11-2001, 12:49 AM
have fun compiling software :D

Indrema
04-11-2001, 07:05 PM
actually red hats system of managing software is well known to be.. easier to use, more reliable and all in all alot better then windows way of managing installs ;)

Anthony1
04-12-2001, 12:56 AM
Money is a big factor, not to say the system should'nt come out. It can only help the console system market. A X-Box killer, i dont see that happening by any means. The things to worry about are the big boys, but not little old MicroSoft and Bill Gates, lol. I see the point your trying to make about the tech. with the Indrema system, thats all well fine and good, but to say a system thats not doing that well bucks wise, are talking about a system owned by Mr. bucks himself.
PS, thanks for Ali shot, she's tits!

WWF
04-12-2001, 01:52 AM
looks like indrema is out. we will never know what would have happened...