PDA

View Full Version : Times Square

fowlowl
08-14-2002, 09:00 PM
I was just in New York last Saturday. I went to Times Square because there is no other place like it in the world. Times Square was great enough the first time I saw it, but now in the large advertisements on the buildings there are two XBOX signs, one to the left and one to the right of the Coca Cola ad. They seemed to scream 'Sony here we come.'

I then walked into Toys'R'Us which was the greatest experience of my life. There was a 20ft T-Rex inside, but better yet in the R-Zone there was an XBOX green glowing logo the size of Jupiter.

I guess i'm writing this thread because seeing these XBOX sites in New York brought out the fanboy in me. Honk if you love XBOX.

fowlowl

Integra Man
08-14-2002, 09:05 PM
honk!

GaMMa
08-14-2002, 10:55 PM
Time Square is probably one of the most pro Xbox places in the USA. That's where they had the Xbox launch party complete with Bill Gates and The Rock. They actually launched it at Toys R Us in Time Square and had advertisements and laser effects from what I heard. 11-15-01 was a great day for Xbox fanboys.

darianX
08-15-2002, 01:22 PM
Yep, the ToysRUs in Times Square is great...even as an adult you have to stand and gawk at the awesome displays. They had a life size Jango Fett made out of Legos when I was there in June. I believe there was an Xbox advertisement on the electronic billboard outside there too. Has anyone checked out FAO Schwartz to see if they have any cool Xbox displays?

DIGITAL
08-15-2002, 06:51 PM
im glad you had a good time in old new york,i live on long island an i go to the city at least once a week to see my girl ,i was allso at toys rus the night xbox got released,i saw bill gates i didnt get to meet him but i saw him an the rock,another cool part of times square is wwe the world an this place called barcode its like an arcade /bar. :p

Msterrrr
08-15-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by fowlowl
I was just in New York last Saturday. I went to Times Square because there is no other place like it in the world. Times Square was great enough the first time I saw it, but now in the large advertisements on the buildings there are two XBOX signs, one to the left and one to the right of the Coca Cola ad. They seemed to scream 'Sony here we come.'

I then walked into Toys'R'Us which was the greatest experience of my life. There was a 20ft T-Rex inside, but better yet in the R-Zone there was an XBOX green glowing logo the size of Jupiter.

I guess i'm writing this thread because seeing these XBOX sites in New York brought out the fanboy in me. Honk if you love XBOX.

fowlowl

Dude i went to the launch party for xbox there,, it was great!!:D

they had a party in WWF for us while we waited till midnight . got to see some of the wrestlers, had free food,, free sobe drinks,, free hats ,, free t-shirts and i got a copy of NFL Fever 2002 to boot!!
I took some pics i'll see if i still have em:cool:

found one

http://semm.freeservers.com/toy%20r%20us%20van.jpg

Whisper
08-15-2002, 09:00 PM
that peanut guy worries me

Msterrrr
08-15-2002, 09:39 PM
lol it is a lil disturbing
also Jeffery the giraffe looks stoned:eek: :eek:

No Fear 23
08-15-2002, 09:50 PM