PDA

View Full Version : TimeSplitters 2 is looking FANTASTIC

fowlowl
08-14-2002, 09:21 PM
I just got the nex XBOX magazine demo disk. I played the TimeSplitters 2 demo; and its true, this is going to be the next GoldenEye. It has the technical prowess of Halo and the suaveness of GoldenEye. It is a true believer and follower of GoldenEye down to the cheezy up-and-down weapon reload.

Buy this months Official Xbox Magazine. Play the demo. See for yourself how fun it is.

It is such a deep game. In just the first level, I set a mutant on fire with a flame-thrower, put him out with a flame extinguisher, and finally had to blow off his head. And when I set myself on fire, I found myself racing to the showers. It's that incredible.

And subtle too. It took me an hour to realize that outside in the snow, some of the snowflakes would stick and melt on the camera. It was hard to notice; Eidos was enhancing my visual experience, rather than screaming 'hey look what we did.' Just like the grass in Halo. Subtle and beautiful.

If the rest of the game is half as good as the dam level in the demo, this is going to be a classic. And now that they cancelled their PS2 online plans, I can buy it for my XBOX in peace.

fowlowl

hook-worm J
08-15-2002, 03:28 AM
Man, I'm gonna have to get that issue. I wish they would have reload sequences though....

fowlowl
08-15-2002, 01:21 PM
Hook-worm dont wait get the demo disk. TimeSplitters 2 is the greatest demo I have ever played. What other demo lets you use a flame-thrower and a sniper rifle and a camera controlled minigun. Get off your computer and buy it. Now.

What do you mean by reload sequences?

fowlowl

hook-worm J
08-15-2002, 02:20 PM
you said it has the cheesy up and down weapon reloads. I wish they would actually show the gun being reloaded.

xboxman_1
08-15-2002, 03:54 PM
Wow, I've played the demo, and I can't believe anyone would sit and play that game more than 10 minutes. He's right-it is just like goldeneye, and with advancements in graphics and technology, thats not a good thing. I wasn't happy with the demo at all. The people look like fruity cartoon characters. They use the exact sound effects they did in goldeneye- the same alarm, same sound of the various guns being fired, the video cameras are exactly the same, even the boxes turn a darker shade before you blow them up.

fowlowl
08-15-2002, 09:23 PM
Spend other 10 minutes with TimeSplitters and you'll see why its going to be the next big FPS.

Soon you'll start to notice that bullets richoche, tables collapse, watermelons burst, and glass breaks beautifully. Okay its not Halo, but that's what Halo 2 is for. TimeSplitters 2 is for the old school video-gamers who want to see GoldenEye on the new-generation-consoles.

And the characters are so colorfully animated and vibrant. Rather than a dull digitally jagged-out humans, the human/3Dcartoon look makes them gorgeous. Look closer at how well they're designed.

I guarantee TS2 will be the next big game to reckon with.

Mercury
08-19-2002, 02:37 PM
At first I absolutely hated the game when playing the demo. But the more I played it the more I fell in love with this game. It's fantastic!!! I still hate the way your gun moves left or right before your view moves to the left or right, but I've started to get use to that.

What I want to know more about is the map maker that comes with the game. Does anyone have any info on it? What kind of maps can you create?

Tkf5000
08-19-2002, 09:33 PM
mercury, to turn thegun from turning left and right click the right thumbstick that toggles it off. its used for better aiming. i think this is a great game too. the greaphics might not be the best but u can mess around with almost everythig. tables break, watermelons splater,etc. and u dont just get a sniper rifle and shoot something and it blows up. for the cameras u shoot the lens out and for the guns u shoot the ammo clips out so it cant shoot. i think thats cool. in real life u dont shoot the gun barrel and it breaks and blow up. same with the game. its no halo but i like it. its a love or hate game. and i was looking at some screns yesterday and they looked awesome. and mercury keeps saying u can make levels. if so that will make it a must have. too bad its multiplatform. it would be a lot better if they focused on one console, xbox.

redrum237
08-22-2002, 09:47 AM
Im gonna pick up this game, if just for the map maker. You can make single player and multiplayer maps. As long as the gameplay is good, this is a must buy.

masterchief2064
08-22-2002, 01:57 PM
I played this demo already it looked great, the only thing I didnt like was the aiming mode, I like aiming manually so I press the right thumbstick to get the targeting reticle, but I dont like it how the target reticle moves to the corner of the screen when you aim there, if the aiming was like halo I think it would be better imo

NsomniA
08-27-2002, 11:54 AM
i talked to a guy at eidos. he was pretty sure that the aiming system will have an option to lock the crosshairs in the middle of the screen. i hate that floating crosshair crap. what i want to know is will you be able to play custom maps on system link? that would mean transferring the map to the other xboxes. the guy at eidos wouldn't say. just that "i can't say til the game's gone gold" stuff.

masterchief2064
08-27-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by NsomniA
i talked to a guy at eidos. he was pretty sure that the aiming system will have an option to lock the crosshairs in the middle of the screen. i hate that floating crosshair crap

thats good, the aiming mode really frustrated me