PDA

View Full Version : NFL2K3 Help Needed PLease

rockreid
08-15-2002, 03:25 PM
1. Maximum Passing ...the manual says NOTHING about what this is... I'm coming from playing Madden 2002 all last year...I don't know how Maximum Passing works or even what it is.<br><br>

2. My Defensive control is frustrating...my player won't Jump to block a pass when Y is pressed. In Madden, all you have to do is press Y and your defensive player will jump up in the air at any time. Please tell me you can do this in NFL2K3. How am I supposed to swat a ball down or intercept it?<br><br>

3. The Defensive AI is brutal. I'm playing the default PRO level and I get intercepted WAY more than in the default Madden level. I can't run to the outside as easy in NFL2K3 as I did in Madden. But I can run up the middle better in NFL2K3 than in Madden 2002. Any tips on running better? <br><br>

4. I like the Hot Route control in NFL2K3 better than Madden. But can you send a WR in motion on command before the snap like in Madden?<br><br>

I'm getting frustrated with NFL2K3 right now because I'm getting brutalized by the AI..the pace of this game is much quicker than Madden2002. Maybe XBOX LIVE! online NFL2K3 play will make any shortcomings go away! At least I know NFL2K3 is better than Fever 2003!

DZNUTZ
08-15-2002, 05:29 PM
hey rock..don't trip crip..i'm in the same scenario as u r

ie...i've played madden my whole life until now

i just got 2k3 and i'll TRY and help

1. max passing....its almost like leading your reciver like in madden, from what i understand...if u hold up or down....then you'll throw infront of or in back of your rec. (not sho if it works to the right and left.

2. press B ( i think it is) immediatley to switch to the D covering ....and then press y to jump/tip/hopefully intercept.
yes it is much harder imo.

3. practice ( sorry..not much help on that one)

4. i belive so....but not sho...still trying to learn myself

sorry i couldn't be of more help, but i'm with u..madden didn't offer xboxlive service ..so my money went elsewhere this year.

peejay2288
08-15-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

2. press B ( i think it is) immediatley to switch to the D covering ....and then press y to jump/tip/hopefully intercept.
yes it is much harder imo.
That looks conusing:eek: i hope i get it down by the time the league starts up:confused:

UltimateAg
08-15-2002, 06:17 PM
When on defense, after the snap, B simply switches control to the nearest defensive player to the ball is all he was trying to say I believe. The Y button should work though.

silvaman
08-15-2002, 07:46 PM
how do you see the weekly wrapup, i didnt see a damn thing:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

rockreid
08-15-2002, 08:13 PM
I've noticed now that when you push Y when you are a linbebacker away from the ball, nothing seems to happen. However, if you are close to the passing QB, you will jump up. This is throwing me off because in Madden2002 I used to jump up as a linebacker when the opposing QB was searching for a receiver. It would usually throw the QB off and delay him and I could get a sack. I can't seem to jump up unless I'm real close to the QB...any help?<br><br>

The Maximum passing control stick thing is helping me do one thing..get sacked. I usually run my QB right into the defensive line when trying to lead my receiver using Maximum Passing by pushing up on the L stick.

peejay2288
08-16-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by rockreid
I've noticed now that when you push Y when you are a linbebacker away from the ball, nothing seems to happen. However, if you are close to the passing QB, you will jump up. This is throwing me off because in Madden2002 I used to jump up as a linebacker when the opposing QB was searching for a receiver. It would usually throw the QB off and delay him and I could get a sack. I can't seem to jump up unless I'm real close to the QB...any help?<br><br>

The Maximum passing control stick thing is helping me do one thing..get sacked. I usually run my QB right into the defensive line when trying to lead my receiver using Maximum Passing by pushing up on the L stick.

Let old Pee chare the football knowledge...
:)
On defense if you're a cornerback covering the receiver downfield, it can be a very tough situation. You try to defend the ball by swatting it. Most of the time you probably press the y button and your corner just seems to dive for the pass. I learned that you have to turn around towards the pass in order to swat it. That's just basic advice I though I would share.;)

JJaX
08-16-2002, 08:50 AM
I feel its easier to pick to ball off in 2k3. The ball is like lobbed in the air and its like a freebie.

Im still not sure if i like this game yet. The game is great when it comes down to presenation and over all feel. But the gameplay still need a lot of work.

The running game just doesnt seem right. I cant tell if my "special" moves are helping me get up the field, Or is it the luck of the draw with the tackle animations.

I think im gonna lean back towards madden..............

Oh and props to Sega for using the same damn sound effects since NFL2k on DC :rolleyes:

Woocifer
08-16-2002, 09:26 AM
I'm kinda confused around this game as well.. it moves nice, but the environments in this game are kinda sad. The cheerleaders and such are flat shaded and cruddy.

The controls on the guys are a little sketchy in terms that you basically either just run and get through or run and get stopped. The offensive running is good in that you can swim and juke, but it doesnt feel dramatically implemented enough for a user VS the computer to break through and compete. The defense...now how am I supposed to break past a defender holding me? Well I guess I don't?

I've read this before on here but how eaxctly do you hide what play you are picking? I'm just a little confused... It seems like a great game, but I can only get off 1 out of 30 passes to my receiver without him being either raped of the ball or intercepted. It's cool that its competative but when I'm on defense the computer has this sixth sense of what is going on and knows who is open. Kinda tough.

We shall see what goes on... if this doesn't work, I'm not touching Madden or EA, I hate their arrogant ways. They are pricks...so I'll go the way of Fever and enjoy some goofy arcadey football, but at least it will be online and fun.

But I'm gunna grit my teeth and plug away at 2K3... My back tenses up when I play this game...I found myself after 2 hours last night stiff and sore from playing this game from STRESS...****in me off man hahahaha

consolegamer
08-16-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer
I'm kinda confused around this game as well.. it moves nice, but the environments in this game are kinda sad. The cheerleaders and such are flat shaded and cruddy.

The controls on the guys are a little sketchy in terms that you basically either just run and get through or run and get stopped. The offensive running is good in that you can swim and juke, but it doesnt feel dramatically implemented enough for a user VS the computer to break through and compete. The defense...now how am I supposed to break past a defender holding me? Well I guess I don't?

I've read this before on here but how eaxctly do you hide what play you are picking? I'm just a little confused... It seems like a great game, but I can only get off 1 out of 30 passes to my receiver without him being either raped of the ball or intercepted. It's cool that its competative but when I'm on defense the computer has this sixth sense of what is going on and knows who is open. Kinda tough.

We shall see what goes on... if this doesn't work, I'm not touching Madden or EA, I hate their arrogant ways. They are pricks...so I'll go the way of Fever and enjoy some goofy arcadey football, but at least it will be online and fun.

But I'm gunna grit my teeth and plug away at 2K3... My back tenses up when I play this game...I found myself after 2 hours last night stiff and sore from playing this game from STRESS...****in me off man hahahaha

To hide your play, press and HOLD the a button to select it. Continue to cycle through plays while HOLDING the a button. Let go of the a button after you cycled through other plays and formations, and the play you picked when you first pressed the button will be your play.

peejay2288
08-16-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer

You want it to be lifelike right? Is the NFL easy to compete in? NO! I think you can comepete. I was within a touchdown to the pc on pro. But I would have been closer if I had figured out how to kick feild goals sooner!!!:eek:

Woocifer
08-16-2002, 01:59 PM
Yes I'd like it to be life like...but the controls don't completely cater to that so really what can I say to your question? How do I look down field right and left? I have to wait until the dude is in vision or play with a wider angled view... so really lifelike is great, just give us the tools to compete in lifelike situations.

I won my first game today...of course by a field goal in OT. This was the first pre-season game....The first was a stressfull nailbiter!!! I can only imagine how rediculously tense this game gets when you get to the superbowl!

robnyack
08-16-2002, 07:22 PM
how do you see the weekly wrapup, i didnt see a damn thing

after you complete your week (usually by hitting start to sim the rest of the week's games), then you hit start again to go to the weekly wrapup.

As far as the gameplay issues. Most of this is nothing more than people used to Madden and are now having a hard time adjusting to NFL2K3. I know....I'm one of them!

Great game though.

robnyack
08-16-2002, 07:25 PM
I have a question...how do you create a user profile in the game?

In my franchise mode, when starting a game, I see my controller next to my team with "user name" next to it, but I cannot find out how to create a user name!

CrazyCougar
08-16-2002, 10:36 PM
I believe is under options....hmmmmmmm...let me check real quick..brb..lol........I'm back..LOL....Its under the Sega Sports Challenger...Click on user records and then you will see an option to create user.i think it can be up to 9 or 10 characters long.

Once its created and saved you can switch between users at the team selection screen using the black or white buttons.

robnyack
08-17-2002, 09:50 AM
hmmmm......I thought I did that! Maybe not! Thanks. I will give that a shot.

how are new NFL2k3 users doing? How are the regulars doing? I see some big scores posted in the general (?) forum for first game scores. I have to assume these are the longtime NFL2k players? I know I struggle BIG TIME to score. But, I will perservere!