PDA

View Full Version : Madden or NFL Fever?

Spectre
11-03-2001, 10:06 PM
Okay I definitely will be getting one of the NFL titles as my first game. but which one? I know I will end up buying NFL2k 2 just because Sega Sports games kick ass.

But as far as the two that will be out on Nov 15th which one do you guys think is better?

Also another question I have is do I really need a memory card, or am I gonna be able to save games to the harddrive. I imagine the memory card is just for taking your saves with you right?

Marc
11-03-2001, 10:49 PM
I spent three hours playing Madden and Fever at EB today. Fever definately looked nicer, but Madden played a lot better. Madden is also a deeper game. We had a little competition going. It was cool. We played winner stays on the game and I was 6-0. The closest score was 24-21. We played Fever first, then Madden. We were going to switch back and forth, but we ended up staying on Madden because the game play was better. You should see if you can find a store that will let you play it before you buy it to make sure you are happy with the one you pick. The only thing I didn't like was that the controller gave me a finger cramp.

WynnFire
11-04-2001, 01:57 AM
I am getting NFL Fever only because I had the 2000 version on my computer when it came out. I loved it. I could never get into Madden games.

Plus from what I hear, NFL utilizes the graphic hardware a lot more than Madden does. I just recently rented NFL 2K2 for my Dreamcast and it pretty much kicks ass.

If this helps, good. If not, sorry.

Spectre
11-04-2001, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the replies. This Thursday at the Software Etc. I preorder my box from is having a XBox training day (or at least that is what they are calling it.) All those people that reserved the XBox from them can come in and play all the games and get first dibs on reserving them. SO I guess I will have to try both of them. I NFL Fever being played at the mall this weekend but didn't get a chance to play it.

I just want the football game that is more of a simulation. Real stats, injuries, drafts, things like that. From talking to a few people it seems Madden is a better football sim than NFL Fever. But then of course I wonder if I should just wait for NFL2K 2