PDA

View Full Version : 11 Days Until Launch Of the Best system on the planet! YAY!

AtomBlast
11-04-2001, 09:02 AM
Yeah People I'm ready for the Xbox. I have it already in reserve paid in full with 3 games, extra controller, and dvd playback kit. I can't wait.

AtomBlast

RPGr
11-04-2001, 09:12 AM
I'm not getting an extra controller at launch, but I'm getting 3 games (Halo, DOA3, AFDS) and the DVD remote. I'll get the extra controller a week or two after (gotta save up some more).

What games are you getting?

Azimiza-XBA
11-04-2001, 09:18 AM
Man, you guys are rich. I haven't purchased anything yet, but I would love for you guys to make donations to Azimiza's Broke A$$ Foundation. Anyway, I'm definitely getting Azurik: Rise of Perathia and New Legends. Those are the two games that I'll buy before anything else, even Halo. Oh yeah, by the way, whose going to start tomorrow's topic "Only 10 more days..."???

AtomBlast
11-04-2001, 09:18 AM
I'm gettin Halo, AFDS, NFL Fever

AtomBlast
(Tony):p

RPGr
11-04-2001, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Azimiza
Oh yeah, by the way, whose going to start tomorrow's topic "Only 10 more days..."???

Ha hahahahah.............

I want Azurik, too! :)

CharlesDD2
11-04-2001, 09:49 AM
Man, you guys are rich. I haven't purchased anything yet, but I would love for you guys to make donations to Azimiza's Broke A$$ Foundation. Anyway, I'm definitely getting Azurik: Rise of Perathia and New Legends. Those are the two games that I'll buy before anything else, even Halo. Oh yeah, by the way, whose going to start tomorrow's topic "Only 10 more days..."???

Well it'll really be 9 days, hours minutes etc...

Man, if we're this psyched now, how psyched are we all going to be the night before? man....that's almost too scarey to imagine.

Azimiza-XBA
11-04-2001, 09:55 AM
Yeah man I know!!! I think everyone on this forum is gonna be psyched the night before the launch. That's gonna be like an epic date. Like, dang, I think I'm gonna get a screenname for that date, Jesus Christ.... I think I feel a tear coming on. Watch the numbers of the forum members increase dramatically on the day of the launch. The traffics gonna run wild. I can't wait anymore for Xbox any longer!!!!!!!

CharlesDD2
11-04-2001, 10:47 AM
Yeah man I know!!! I think everyone on this forum is gonna be psyched the night before the launch. That's gonna be like an epic date. Like, dang, I think I'm gonna get a screenname for that date, Jesus Christ.... I think I feel a tear coming on. Watch the numbers of the forum members increase dramatically on the day of the launch. The traffics gonna run wild. I can't wait anymore for Xbox any longer!!!!!!!

lol, yeah for some reason, I can see everyone gathering here, well except those camping out, unless they have laptops....oh nevermind so anyway, I could see everyone gathering here, I hope the traffic isn't too much though.

2 days before x-box half the insanity, the night before, complete and utter chaos buwahahaha

fanofslipknotib
11-04-2001, 11:31 AM
It will be chaos the night before, but the day it's launched, and the weeks, maybe months....possibly years after, this place will be like a ghost town.

CharlesDD2
11-04-2001, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by fanofslipknotib
It will be chaos the night before, but the day it's launched, and the weeks, maybe months....possibly years after, this place will be like a ghost town.

*watches tumbleweed roll by* yeah I know what you mean, it sucks for all the xbox sites, I mean people will still go to them for updates on upcoming games and to discuss the games out, but that's about it, I just hope they all don't become havens for cheat codes, just taints the value of the site. *I don't use cheats *

Stouffer
11-04-2001, 02:33 PM
Hope I dont spoil the exciting atmosphere but.............

This site could potentially fill up with whiners who complain about the controllers/games/etc or who are having problems getting it to work. Ive seen it happen to many game forums before like Max Payne and Giants and the whole community gets ruined. I personally dont think it will happen here but you never know.

Rancey
11-04-2001, 03:09 PM
I think that happens more with pc games as a lot of people can have trouble installing a game...but a console is just 'plug in the cords and play'!

Slash10
11-04-2001, 07:29 PM
I've got my whole day planned. I've already taken off of work for Thursday and saturday. Im skipping school on Thursday to go pick it up. Im so happy I got it researved back in July. Halo, Fever, PGR, are in my package plus an extra controler. I'm so pumped. And yeah, I hope this place doesnt turn into a place of people looking for cheats. I'll be here for tips if i need them and there's no other solution for me. I cant wait for Fever and it's Dynasty mode, I'm gonna own it.

Don't go toward the Green Light.......

smack119
11-06-2001, 03:45 PM
hey im just wondering here.....i pre-ordered my xbox on oct 30th 2001... was i extremely luck to get it on that date? and also i was able to choose any 3 games i wanted in the bundle? is that rare too? i chose doa3, new legends, and dark summit. cant wait til the 15th!!!

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 03:48 PM
Yes, nice bundle indeed...I'm getting the XBox, an extra controller, Halo, PGR, Amped, and NFL Fever to start off with. D a m n, I'm pretty.

mojo__31
11-06-2001, 04:29 PM
I am so **** ready to play all night every night! Well, OK, as much as the wife lets me then, lol.

My bundle:

Xbox
DVD Remote
2nd Controller
Memory card
Halo
Air Force Delta Storm
Project Gotham Racing
Mad Dash Racing
NFL Fever
DOA3
Amped - just added (looks to cool)

Then when released, I want:

Brute Force
Project Ego
Blood Wake
Hunter the Reckoning
NBA Inside Drive
Baseball Game?
Morrowind
RalliSport Challenge
UFC Tapout
And some other Action/RPG?

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 04:44 PM
D a m n, Mojo...you have some seriously busy times ahead! lol...awesome run down!

But, honestly, do you think you will need a memory card?

mojo__31
11-06-2001, 05:00 PM
Hard to say Max if I will need it or not, the only reason for it is to transport saves to another system. I bought it just in case. I know a few others who are getting a Xbox as well, so I will probably use it some. NFL Fever has create-a-player, so that is probably where I will use it the most. The other games, its hard to say if I will need it at all. Oh well, got it just in case, lol. I think most people are buying one thinking they need it to save games like other consoles and wasting their money.

mojo__31
11-06-2001, 05:05 PM
As funny as its sounds, I didn't want to really spend that much on an Xbox right away, and actually went to the Best Buy to buy a Dreamcast Sports Bundle for $100 that came with NBA 2k1, NFL 2k1, and MLB2k1, but the stores were all out of that bundle and only had the basic system for $79 left. So then I went to Funcoland to see if they had one, and they didn't either. I then said screw it, and put down money on the Xbox. Now, I got myself so revved up, I am spending $750 on launch, lol, can't win, the cool games won me over. Good thing the wife has no idea how much I am spending.