PDA

View Full Version : whats the Best 2 player first game!

Reversion
08-16-2002, 01:09 AM
I just bought my xbox !!!! had been saving for a while, im off to get a new controller today :D WOOOH!

At the moment i can only afford one game for the first couple of weeks.. and i want that game to be a fun game with 2 players..

However i dont want to get something thats going to be outdone in 2 months if you know what i mean, not so much coz ill want the new game but coz i wont be able to sell the game second hand when im sick of it.

At the moment, if noone replies im getting Halo however ive heard good stuff about dead or alive 3 but i think halo would have more lasting value in terms of single player and 2 player the last time i played a fighter like doa3 would of been on ps1 when i rented it 2 years ago! i know i liked the fighters but i know they can get boring after an hour or 2.. and are more a good supplementry game to a night of xboxing with a freind or 2..

Do you guys enjoy your 2 player Xbox nights with the freinds more with halo or dead or alive :) ?

Thanks guys.. ill be hanging round here a lot now im boxing :D:D

cheers.

xboxtito
08-16-2002, 01:29 AM
get halo

Sodacider
08-16-2002, 02:23 AM
I gotta say, Halo must be in your collection. I got my xbox nov 15 last year, and I still have people coming to my house on a near daily basis playin Halo co-op (actually it bugs me some days cuz alot of times my friends learned to stop by without calling...)

hook-worm J
08-16-2002, 02:56 AM
I would get Halo first. Multiplayer Halo is a lot of fun. Plus, if you happen to have broadband you can even play online on Xboxconnect.

LiL WeEzY
08-16-2002, 03:02 AM
I think you should get Halo.Its a very fun game.

Tinny
08-16-2002, 07:18 AM
Halo (co-op)
Moto GP
Hunter The Reckoning (iffy)
Dead or Alive 3

Sheesh, whatever people say about co-op in Halo can't even compare. Just play the game with your brother/friend. One situation I was in:

Attack on the Control Room.

I was in a Scorpion tank and my brother was duelling with a Banshee about 200 meters away. I sight the Banshee, lead it a bit and fired. Boom. Saved my brother from a fuel rod cannon shot, even if he denies it. Heck, the amount of fun I had with the Scorpion tank can not be measured!

AmpedRider
08-16-2002, 08:09 AM
halo if it helps that was my first game

Fluff E
08-16-2002, 08:44 AM
Streetfighter all the way:cool: :cool:

AcidJazz
08-16-2002, 09:11 AM
Kabuki Warriors hands down...

Alfa
08-16-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by AcidJazz
Kabuki Warriors hands down...

This. Game. Kicks. Ass. Period. Literally. Kicks. Ass.

Reversion
08-16-2002, 11:24 AM
re kabuki., sorry tardz0r im not that n00bie

Thanks very much for the replies guyys.. i saw a few of these before i went out and bought halo..

stupid shop didnt have any xbox controllers in stock and its a huge chain over in AUS, i told em i was ****ed off they didnt bother to restock .. anyway no other stores open as it was 11pm so we got halo and just took turns single player.. i love it but yeah im either getting DOA3 or rallisport challenge next week..

and the controller tomorrow..

id keep playing halo but its 2:24 and im tired because the games so intense.. too tired to play lol

night

Shorezy
08-16-2002, 11:25 AM
Halo, Hunter: The Reckoning, and Rallisport Challenge. All fun games.

BTW. Welcome to XBA and congrats on the new XBOX.

Markus_Kalarkus
08-16-2002, 12:35 PM
if youre plannng on buying halo 2 get halo 1, (best game out so far with great multi play):)

MerimacHamwich
08-16-2002, 05:46 PM
Must be really expensive to get stuff in good ol' Austrailia. How much did you have to lay down to pick up your stuff? BTW welcome to XBA. Happy to see international people here.
Do not get DOA3. It is just a fighting game like any other fighting games. It gets boring just as fast as all the other fighting games. They say that it has good stories for each of the characters but they don't. Their so called stories make no sense. Rallisport is a really fun rally game and it has great graphics to show off a bit of the xbox's power. It gets really challenging as you get farther in the game. Have fun bud.

Tkf5000
08-16-2002, 07:04 PM
since u got halo i would get pgr or rallysport or doa3. they are all great games. expecially if u wanna show off to your fiends what xbox is capable of.

SoccerCJM77
08-16-2002, 07:46 PM
:cool: GREAT choices you should
choose HALO. HALO is the best
and you can tell from my pic.

MerimacHamwich
08-16-2002, 08:00 PM
Do any of you read. He already got Halo. He is going to get another controller now and then either DOA3 or RalliSport Challenge. Once again I advise you to get Rallisport over DOA3. DOA3 is overhyped.

Reversion
08-16-2002, 08:28 PM
Hmmk, i think DOA3 sounds like a renter and thats it..

Xbox wasnt too expensive over here its 388$ AUD for the box and 1 controller and the games are like 96$ AUD
dvd kit is 50..

But i got one second hand with the dvd kit for 300$ :D bargain!

388.00 AUD = 211.732 USD btw...

Im up to the bit in halo where youve just rescued the captain.. i absolutely love it and i havnt liked an FPS for a long time this mutch.. usually i played them on my pc out of sheer boredom..

I also like the change from my dual laser mouse.. because it got to the point games were so boring because myy setup is so accurate on pc you really couldnt miss.. with halo it takes a lot more hand eye n skill i reckon :)

Im definatly going to rent rallysport next and see if its coo..

does it have a system link option? oh and btw..

I hear all you guys talking about the windows xbox over the net things..

what about http://www.xboxgw.com

thanks for all the replies guys ! ill cya around ;)

MerimacHamwich
08-16-2002, 10:23 PM
Good choice bud. Don't go on what others say, rent it and find out for yourself! That is a sweet deal on your xbox. You are seemingly the coolest person on these boards so far! In my opinion anyhow. The next twist in the Halo story line is gonna blow you away dude!

Zion
08-17-2002, 01:32 AM
I'm surprised nobody has recommended Outlaw Golf as a good multiplayer game. This game is just incredible!