PDA

View Full Version : if u think that doa is button masher please read

odpr
08-16-2002, 04:28 AM
I was playing doa for the last week, first of all as u all know this game have the most amazing gfx I have ever seen in my life, but let's leave this thing a side for a sec, before I bought it I asked people here to tell me what they thin kabout it , some of them said that it's not a very smart game all u have to do is to press the buttons that all , now I want to tell this people something, u are wrong!!!!!!!!!! Totally! !! ! I didn't see any difference between this game and tekken for example ... (of course it's much more amazing then tekken, but let's leave gfx a side for a sec..),
I can understand that u are a freak of this kind oif genre, then u probably didn't see anything unusuall, but I am not that familiar with this kind of genre and I have to tell u it's amazing and again amazing!!
bye

Tinny
08-16-2002, 07:11 AM
The number of counter moves makes buton bashing players like me redundant. The number of grab combos and counters make simple fighters like me redundant. The number of dodges and counter attack moves makes furious "kill kill kill" players like me redundant. No, DoA3 certainly is not a game for the button bashers like myself. Sheesh, I can't remember the amount of times my little brother gets my in a head lock and bashes me into a wall when I am about to whack him. ...ingame ofcourse.

JJaX
08-16-2002, 08:32 AM
DOA3 is indeed a button masher. If you had any proir experience with a master piece such as soul calibur, you'd be punching your nuts for this POS thread.

JimmieDoogan
08-16-2002, 11:08 AM
Never has a button masher had even half a chance with me when playing DOA3. Anyone just tapping the buttons and doing the same combo's over and over has always lost to me in this game. Soul Calibur, well... such is not the same. I'm not saying the game isn't awsome (I still woop ass at it and hardly lose, even to button mashers), but I do lose more often to button mashers in SC than any other game. However, I've found that most people who button mash aren't very good at fighting games anyway. I'm not raggin on anyone's skills, all I'm saying is that if you get in the DOA ring with me and think you'll win just by tappin random buttons, you'll be screamin at me by the end of the match for not being able to hit me even once ;) !

teddeboy
08-16-2002, 12:13 PM
I haven't played DOA3 against another player, but against the computer, it's truly is a button masher. I jammed my way through it without knowing many of the combos, just pounded around the pad.

A friend of mine raced through the game in an evening by button mashing.

I would hope multiplayer would be where this game shines, because it is a truly beautiful game.

Markus_Kalarkus
08-16-2002, 12:32 PM
I never button mash because it is stupid and i know everyones moves anyhow, also it will eventually wreck the X,Y,B and A buttons on your xbox:)

JimmieDoogan
08-16-2002, 03:25 PM
The only reason to play the game is to do it with friends!!!!!!! Of course you gotta know Multiplay is where it shines. No computer (in this day and age) will be able to best a human player on a REALISTIC level. Who can kick yo ace bettah then yo friends???????? Nobody!!!

Whisper
08-16-2002, 03:31 PM
i just traded DOA3... but when i did play it i won because i DID NOT mash the buttons, i fought with my brain, anticipating every move and most damage I inflicted came from reversals, grabs, and throws

AcidJazz
08-16-2002, 03:35 PM
I gave DOA3 a chance, but did not really like it. Its graphics are something spectacular though.

GokuX
08-16-2002, 03:49 PM
Are there honestly any fighting games where you can't win against a more experienced player by button mashing? I've never come across one, SC included. I think lowering the status of any one fighting game below any other fighting game by calling it a button masher makes no sense.

odpr
08-17-2002, 02:33 PM
in the story mode, u are right, it's a real shame! finish the game in one night, and all IWas doing is to press few buttons, without knowing what I a,m doing...

but in multiplayer it's very diffrence..
bye

y2kash_14
08-17-2002, 04:03 PM
DoA3 isn't a button masher..perse.... I think its made so it can be played by both kinds of players, experienced fighting game players and button mashers. There are some easy combos for Button mashers, and some, more complex combos for more experienced players.