PDA

View Full Version : Ign Loved Dead To Rights

faceoff508
08-16-2002, 09:46 AM
It gave it an 8.5 out of 10.

Presentation
The game is exactly what it sets out to be. It's a cop movie turned into a video game and it works perfectly. Good cut scenes and a great design. 8.0

Graphics
The only real drag in the game is that the graphics aren't as good as they could or should be. That's not to say the game is ugly, but we've seen a lot prettier things on Xbox. 7.0

Sound
Good music overall and some decent voice acting. For Pete's sake use 5.1! 6.0

Gameplay
The cool things you can do never get old. I could disarm fools for hours and hours and still love it. But the hand-to-hand elements really needed to be better. 9.0

Lasting Appeal
The game is about nine hours of recorded game time, but you will spend a good three-to-four hours dying over and over again... it's that tough. It will take a while to unlock all the disarms. 8.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 8.5

Gamespot gve it a good score too..
a 7.6 not too bad if you ask me:

Overlooking its problems won't be easy, but if you manage to, you'll find that Dead to Rights is an intense and challenging game.

Both Gamespot and IGN liked the gameplay. Gamespot gave the gameplay of Dead to rights an 8. And IGN gave the gameplay a 9.

This might be a good game after all.

faceoff508
08-16-2002, 09:49 AM
And gamespy gave the game a 82 out of 100.

Based on 10 Sites/Magazines Dead to Rights had an average score of 76 out of 100. Not too bad.

studepaber
08-16-2002, 10:18 AM
I heard this game has some nagging camera angles, the slow-mo effect wasn't nearly as good as it should have been and the mini-games are a pain in the arse that deter from the overall excitement of the game. Looks like maybe just a rental IMO, but if these issues aren't so bad as to distract me from the overall excitement of the game I may choose to buy it *shrug*

Woocifer
08-16-2002, 10:21 AM
Only 9 hours of gameplay??? that's it?

c'mon for 90 bucks they can put more into a game than that...

faceoff508
08-16-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer
Only 9 hours of gameplay??? that's it?

c'mon for 90 bucks they can put more into a game than that...

90 bucks. You mean 50.

tomacco
08-16-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508

90 bucks. You mean 50.

Nope...since he's canadian

Msterrrr
08-16-2002, 12:04 PM
when's the release date?
got to love that attack dog grrrrrrrrrrrrr

faceoff508
08-16-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Msterrrr
when's the release date?
got to love that attack dog grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Aug. 20

Msterrrr
08-17-2002, 12:29 AM
sweet dude thx look like i'll be trading in a few games @ EB for this one

EHWfedPres
08-17-2002, 03:48 PM
So what...dosent mean everyone else will.

hook-worm J
08-17-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
So what...dosent mean everyone else will.

If everyone thought that, then there wouldn't be such thing as a Review.

EHWfedPres
08-17-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by hook-worm J

If everyone thought that, then there wouldn't be such thing as a Review.

There shouldnt be. Why let some nobody's opinion influence your purchase? I sure dont. Screw that whackjob hobo retard at ***spot and let me like my own games. I dont need someone else ot tell me if I like a game or not. Come on people, be rational.

Sodacider
08-17-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

There shouldnt be. Why let some nobody's opinion influence your purchase? I sure dont. Screw that whackjob hobo retard at ***spot and let me like my own games. I dont need someone else ot tell me if I like a game or not. Come on people, be rational.

I buy games on reviews all the time, and the ONLY time I have ever been disappointed in buying a game was the time I didn't buy from a review- Airforce Delta Storm (those reviewers warned me).

I just have to look at a variety of reviews, not just one. Like I bought Gunvalkyrie because of what IGN said about it (being for hardcore gamers and all) and I really loved it, but I've also bought games because of what Gamespot said even when IGN said it was bad.

Go figure.

Whisper
08-17-2002, 09:52 PM
wish my XBOX worked man... i really need to get it fixed