PDA

View Full Version : Timesplitters 2

Markus_Kalarkus
08-16-2002, 12:48 PM
is timesplitters 2 a keeper or rental?:eek:

Mercury
08-16-2002, 05:53 PM
Not even a rental if you ask me.

It has the worse setup going for a FPS. When you want to turn to look left your gun first moves left then the screen moves left. I even checked out the options menu and there is no way to turn this off.

I think any FPS game that adopts this scheme is garbage. Pitty, too. I was planning on getting this game.

Shorezy
08-16-2002, 06:01 PM
Ya man don't even bother renting it. I've played the demo, and i wasn't very impressed. I don't think you would be either.

fowlowl
08-16-2002, 06:42 PM
Dont listen to Mercury and halo_11. Finish the entire level on the demo. All objectives and you'll be impressed. TimeSplitters2 is video gaming magic, well what I'm judging by the demo.

Mercury claims that the gun moves left first followed by the screen. He also claims that this option cannot be turned off. This shows how little he knows about the demo and this game. That is the toggle aim option. If you click in the right thumbstick you get the option of a sight(what he describes). Just one of the many brilliant new insights brought on the table by Free Radical. You dont want it. Just toggle it off by clicking the right thumbstick in again.

It's not going to be Halo, but it has so much more to offer than any other FPS this year. It asks what do you want in a FPS? I wasnt sure. But it answered this question for me--to blow up satellites, to shoot an M-1 Tommy Gun, a toggle-aim option.

I'm buying TS2 the first day it comes out, Marcus, I'll tell you how great the rest of the game is. But you'll probably already know by then.

fowlowl

Tkf5000
08-16-2002, 06:46 PM
ill probly buy it.. if i got money. im broke. i keep wasting my money. i still dont have enclave!! it was good. but not halo. plus theres not a lot of fps' out there right now for xbox.

killerclint
08-16-2002, 07:06 PM
first post here for me,,anyway i really like the demo of TS2,,never finished the demo yet,,can't figure out where to go,,and btw it's nice to see so many X-BOX fans for a change,,i'am so sick of people putting it down.

Tkf5000
08-16-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by killerclint
first post here for me,,anyway i really like the demo of TS2,,never finished the demo yet,,can't figure out where to go,,and btw it's nice to see so many X-BOX fans for a change,,i'am so sick of people putting it down. welcome to xba. and where u stuck at in the demo. i can help. unless its the part where u blow up the zombie in the capsule. i just skiped that, couldnt figure it out. i used al my ammo and mines on that thing.

fowlowl
08-16-2002, 07:25 PM
I had the same problem tkf trying to dispose of that damn mutant biohazard. I assumed that it wasnt beatable on the demo, but in the Official Xbox Magazine there is a challenge in which you have to accomplish all the objectives. So it must be possible.

And it is. I love TS2, because it rewards creativity. Yeah I wasted all my ammo too. Dont bother with bullets. After the bioharzard is raised up from the shaft, get more timed mines from the room with the red lasers after they are shut down. Throw as many timed mines on the biohazard as necessary. I threw most of them all at once.

After you blow it up, have fun. Things get crazy as h*ll.

fowlowl

Tkf5000
08-16-2002, 07:29 PM
lol. i threw mines on it. nuthin hapened. if u complete that do u get to play the part here u actually get to shoot the helicopter down?

fowlowl
08-16-2002, 08:27 PM
I had to throw a whole bunch of mines on the mutant biohazard to blow it up. I threw about 10 mines on it at once.

Sorry, you dont get to shoot the helicopter if you do complete that objective. At least it's something to look forward to on the full version. But if you do blow up the mutant, all these soldiers with flame-throwers come after your a**. Plus tons of other mutants (an eliminate-all-mutants objectives is added), and a mutant vs. soldier battle ensues.

Damn TS2 is good, I think I'm going to write my first gamefaq on it.

fowlowl,

Tkf5000
08-16-2002, 08:29 PM
lol thats why the end is so dull when i play... i never blew it up. i eneded up fighting like 5 zombies.

killerclint
08-17-2002, 10:41 AM
is there anymore guns in the demo after you pick up the shotgun?thats as far as i got,up to when the zombies make their first apperrance,,then i got stuck,,but i was'nt doing any of the objectives,i was just runnin an gunnin.

Markus_Kalarkus
08-17-2002, 12:48 PM
Nope thats all the guns you get in the trial version (demo):(

hook-worm J
08-17-2002, 02:39 PM
Man, I'm gonna go buy the sept issue soon.... it'll hold me until DTR comes out.

Tkf5000
08-17-2002, 02:43 PM
no theres more guns. theres a flamethrower and if u didnt already pick up the fire extinguisher theres that.

killerclint
08-17-2002, 02:47 PM
ya i just got done playing it,and got the flamethower for the fist time,,man it gets hard when all those zombies and guys with guns come after you at the same time!,,i just destroyed the biohazard thing and can't get anywhere else before i'am killed,,btw,,what is the fire-ext for?

Tkf5000
08-17-2002, 02:51 PM
i think the fire extinguisher puts out the flames wit the flamethrower zombies. i think theres flamethrower zombies, not sure. sum one said that after u kill the biohazard in the box they come.

fowlowl
08-17-2002, 06:09 PM
The fire extinguisher is more useful in the multiplayer scenarios. Free Radical put in the fire extinguisher, so you will be able to put out your teammate if you accidentally set him on fire. In the demo, its not very useful. You cant put yourself out with it. But if you're sick enough you can set someone on fire, use the extinguisher to put him out, repeat until you get bored, and then cap his sorry a** out of his misery.

Killerclient, in the demo, you get to use a silent pistol, sniper rifle, timed mines, soviet S47, a camera-controlled minigun, fire extinguisher, assault shotgun, flamethrower, and soviet S47 grenades. And that's still not enough for you. Just think, this is only the demo. And you haven't even gone to the future or past yet! Like GoldenEye they are staunch believers in an adequate arsenal for a FPS.

killerclint
08-17-2002, 06:51 PM
i really did'nt like this game much at first,but the more i play the more i like it,,i might have to pick this one up,i'am used to the control's now,after playing Halo so much every other FPS is 2nd best.,,also i like how it makes you take head shots to down your foe.

WynnFire
08-18-2002, 04:56 AM
I didn't like it at all. I won't even rent this. Even though I didn't like it, when I was playing the demo I kept thinking of one of the best console shooters ever, Goldeneye. I can't explain it.

Snapple
08-18-2002, 08:56 AM
i wouldnt bother renting the game our buyiung it case the whole fps system sucks ass on it(and i beat the demo like 10 times)

Tkf5000
08-18-2002, 11:09 AM
i was looking at some new screens at www.planetxbox.com and they were pretty good. im getting this game probly. we need more fps right now. this one i think is a dcent add to the lsit. its better than AUF but not god as Halo. in the middle between best and worst. the multiplayer looks good too.

Duke
08-18-2002, 11:12 AM
I can't remember what the release date is for this, but if it's before October I'll probably buy it. I put the demo in yesterday just for ****s and giggles, and it actually worked.

I can't say it was the best FPS I've ever played, but it does seem to have decent SP action. And I can't play Halo SP one more time. Although from the look of it, if I want to shoot people I'll still be going w/ Halo

Caliadar
08-18-2002, 05:40 PM
I thought it was tons of fun. And even better, the full version has CO-OP PLAY!... Sold!

No Fear 23
08-18-2002, 06:30 PM
im def. gonna pick this game up when it comes out. i dont care what ppl say about it, its gonne be awesome! i am also gonna pick up turok on the 1st week of september, whcih it will be released, then timesplitters 2 at the end of september. god, i better start working now to get some moola

bbchs_trash
08-18-2002, 06:48 PM
I thought I wouldn't have to buy anything else after Football Games where purchased, but it look like I was wrong. There are so many damned games coming out, and I need something other than sports games. I mean I have a lot of games, but I've played them all out besides Halo. Definately Time Splitters 2 for me, and I would also like to pick up Shenmue 2, Turok, The Thing, and a ton of other titiles. But Ghose Recon on November 15th with the Xbox Live pack is definately what I'm planning on. Now, to space out my money...