PDA

View Full Version : Jus picked up PGR

CRAIG123
08-16-2002, 02:42 PM
Yay I finally got PGR. And all i can say is WOW, the game is awesome. The replay value is huge, the graphics and gamplay are 10/10. My latest car is the motorsport elise, tell me, do the cars get alot better and faster to drive?

Dre
08-16-2002, 02:57 PM
Oh ya.. the cars get much faster! Just wait until you sit down in the F-50 or the Carrera!!

AcidJazz
08-16-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by CRAIG123
Yay I finally got PGR. And all i can say is WOW, the game is awesome. The replay value is huge, the graphics and gamplay are 10/10. My latest car is the motorsport elise, tell me, do the cars get alot better and faster to drive?

You might wanna try MotoGP. Awesome game as well.

hook-worm J
08-16-2002, 05:19 PM
does pgr allow you to customize your car? like color and stuff? Thats one thing I dont like about rallisport. I'm thinking about buying PGR.

Kingpin
08-16-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by hook-worm J
does pgr allow you to customize your car? like color and stuff? Thats one thing I dont like about rallisport. I'm thinking about buying PGR.

You can change color, but that's it.
An amazing game though.
I have played through several times and it is very deep.

The Elise is pretty fast, but hard to handle. When you get to the 911, Carrera, and F50 you will love the way it handles and the speed.

(Currently putting the finishing touches on an all gold on everything run in PGR, 400,000+ kudos)

MerimacHamwich
08-16-2002, 05:51 PM
There is no car game currently on the market for xbox that lets you fully customize your car. The most you can do is change color.

Tkf5000
08-16-2002, 06:59 PM
4x4 evo 2 u can fully costumize cars. well trucks, not cars. and jeeps and minivans,etc. i cant wait til sega gt, u can fully customize and even build a new car from scratch!

Alfa
08-16-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by AcidJazz

You might wanna try MotoGP. Awesome game as well.

That games sux0rs. ;)

Snapple
08-16-2002, 07:24 PM
the only thing i hate about pgr is the kudos man i was beating everything in my path when i was trying to get kudos:mad: so i enterd in the cheat code:o

Markus_Kalarkus
08-16-2002, 07:26 PM
hmm i got morrowind instead of pgr i think that was a bad choice:(

Snapple
08-16-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus

probly not:confused:

faceoff508
08-16-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
There is no car game currently on the market for xbox that lets you fully costomize your car. The most you can do is change color.

Sega GT will let you...

MerimacHamwich
08-16-2002, 08:03 PM
Morrowind is a good game, I found after like a week of playing PGR I stopped. It just got kind of boring and repetetive. I didn't stop playing Morrowind for like 2 or more months though.

faceoff508
08-16-2002, 08:04 PM
MORROWIND SUCKS!!!:mad:

Professor Kaos
08-16-2002, 08:29 PM
^^^^^^^ faceoff im gonna b the first of proly many to falme u for this so, how the **** can u say that morrowind sux, the game ****in rules. its the best rpg ive ever played and ive played lots of rpgs. and its as opened ended as project ego, i mean come on y the hell do u say that morrowind sux??:mad:

faceoff508
08-16-2002, 08:31 PM
Lame combat, choppy graphics, boring missions....I returned this game... what A dissapointment.. Now curently waiting for Project Ego.

Tkf5000
08-16-2002, 08:37 PM
once u start palying its awesome. it gets better. expecially the main quest. thats a awesome game. u must be playing to much kabuki warriors to know a good game when u see 1.

Snoopy7548
08-16-2002, 08:45 PM
i also think that morowing (lol van) sucks. it wasnt very good, i think. it just got boring after a while. the combat system kinda sucked. like on the first level, i punched someone, and it hardly even hurt them, then they punched me and like knocked me to the ground. i think that enclave is better than morrowind, enclave is so awesome. i love that game

MerimacHamwich
08-16-2002, 10:20 PM
Ok so this is real life. You go out buy a sword and go to become a hero. You come across a bear. Having never swung a sword in your life you do pretty much no damage to the bear compared to what it does to you. You die. Same as in Morrowind. This time 'round you train a bit and fit smaller animals maybe a dog or something. You eventually learn good technique in swinging the sword and your muscles grow to accomodate swinging it. You find a bear and slay it with now problem. Same as in Morrowind. Morrowind is a good game. Ofcourse your character sucks when he starts out! After gaining skill points and levels he gets better and better and enemies get easier and easeir. You also hit way way more often after you have upgraded some. BTW You do not do damage when you use your fist if you are a humanoid (at first). It just takes off the enemies fatigue. After the enemy is out of his fatigue meter you start doing damage. Ofcourse if hand to hand combat isn't what your character is good at it will take forever to get rid of the fatigue and you will probably die before you punch the life out of him. In Enclave (excelent game) you start out as a trained and ready warrior so ofcourse you will already do decent damage and hit the enemy most of the time. The reason most people do not like Morrowind is becuase they are too thick headed to understand the principles behind it.:)

CRAIG123
08-17-2002, 05:39 AM
cool, i cant wait to get the F50, I know there's cheats but i aint touching them. but 200,000 kudos, ouch

Snapple
08-17-2002, 07:17 AM
cool, i cant wait to get the F50, I know there's cheats but i aint touching them. but 200,000 kudos, ouch

yea so you might want to have something very soft when your playing the game cause it can **** you off alot and this is also a game were when your like on the last lap of a 5 lap race and yourahead the whole time the all of the sudden you get passed by like 3 cares right a the finish line:eek: but its still a good game:)

CRAIG123
08-17-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by xboxfan38

yea so you might want to have something very soft when your playing the game cause it can **** you off alot and this is also a game were when your like on the last lap of a 5 lap race and yourahead the whole time the all of the sudden you get passed by like 3 cares right a the finish line:eek: but its still a good game:)

yeah. lol, ive had thAT happen to me a few times :D . Now im just totally stuck on the timed runs for the world tour, its very tough :eek:

Snoopy7548
08-17-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Ok so this is real life. You go out buy a sword and go to become a hero. You come across a bear. Having never swung a sword in your life you do pretty much no damage to the bear compared to what it does to you. You die. Same as in Morrowind. This time 'round you train a bit and fit smaller animals maybe a dog or something. You eventually learn good technique in swinging the sword and your muscles grow to accomodate swinging it. You find a bear and slay it with now problem. Same as in Morrowind.

yea, but fighting someone hand to hand should be really easy. i mean, you dont really need practice for that, anyone can fight someone else.

Xtopia
08-17-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus

Uh no. You are entitled to your opinion...but let me encourage you to play some more Morrowind. It is a great game...the best I have ever played. And I have PGR...IMHO it sucked.

Xtopia
08-17-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Lame combat, choppy graphics, boring missions....I returned this game... what A dissapointment.. Now curently waiting for Project Ego.

What is wrong with you guys? Morrowind is awesome? What other RPG's have you played...becuase if you don't like Morrowind...you might not enjoy Progect Ego...

Xtopia
08-17-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i also think that morowing (lol van) sucks. it wasnt very good, i think. it just got boring after a while. the combat system kinda sucked. like on the first level, i punched someone, and it hardly even hurt them, then they punched me and like knocked me to the ground. i think that enclave is better than morrowind, enclave is so awesome. i love that game

Dude, you were a first lvl character...that is the whole point of an RPG...the more you play the better your character becomes. It is just like what MerimacHamwich said...its like real life... Sure I can punch but if I fought some crazy karate dude...I would get schooled!!!

Morrowind is so deap and addictive...I like it just as much or more than Halo!!!!:cool:

Snoopy7548
08-17-2002, 08:34 PM
lol, yea. but it wasnt some crazy karate dude. it was just a peasant i saw in the streets. lol

Crazy Joe
08-17-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
lol, yea. but it wasnt some crazy karate dude. it was just a peasant i saw in the streets. lol

that is the one thing i was kind of dissapointed in, the old woman in the first town beat the hell out of me when i first started, AN OLD WOMAN, come on, does that really make sense?

I love the game, but starting a new char. sucks.

Tkf5000
08-18-2002, 11:55 AM
u start out as a weak pheasant until u become a normal person, a strong person, a gerat warior, and to the strength of a god like vivic. its realistic. of course a slave is gunna get bat up by a normal person. and people back in those days were stronger. they have to be. they didnt have guns and stuff. normal people carie daggers and stuff.

faceoff508
08-18-2002, 11:59 AM
To me it was fun at first, but then i got bored.
I should have kept it longer, cause my friend loved it and he bought his own copy. So when I came to his house he showed me that his character was on level 30. He showed me how he could wipe out a whole town, and wipe out all the guilds etc. If I had the patience to make my character grow stronger, then I would have really enjoyed the game. Geuss I regret returning the game. But theres always next time.

CRAIG123
08-18-2002, 12:34 PM
Morrowind is coming out over here in september! Do you think i should get it ( I havent played hardly any RPG's) Some people say its boring, and others say its really fun! Im confused :eek:

Snapple
08-18-2002, 12:42 PM
Morrowind is coming out over here in september! Do you think i should get it ( I havent played hardly any RPG's) Some people say its boring, and others say its really fun! Im confused :eek:

so am i:eek: i looked at some screens on it and the screens looked more fps like than an rpg cause usally rpgs your like running around then a attle comes up and you go to the battle screen

Plewis
08-18-2002, 01:08 PM
first off, I love PGR... My best car so far is the Skyline... I still have quite a way to go. I simply love this game. Also... about Morrowind... I have it... Im a level thirty-something dark elf. Ive played this game 30-40 hours I think. I cant even tell at this point. and I havent even finished the first quest for the main story. The game can last a very long time... Im kinda tired of it right now and Ive been taking a break... but Ill pick it up again soon. The only thing that makes people hate it i think is that in the beginning you are thrown into a world that you know nothing about and you have to figure everything out for yourself and just about everything can kill you, and its hard to level up the first time... but after that it gets much easier... but harder... at the same time. Its hard to understand but I played through the tough beginning and Im still loving this game!

Caliadar
08-18-2002, 05:39 PM
PGR is wicked, im having a hell of a time getting anywhere. But slowly and surely I am working my way through. My best car right now is the Skyline GTR and if I can finish my current tour I will have the Corvette Z06.

CRAIG123
08-19-2002, 07:22 AM
My latest car is The Porche Carrera ( awesome ) Now i cant wait to get the F50.. Just 46,000 kudos to go! ive got a bronze or above on everything, so now im just going to go back and try to get the golds.. with the F50 or Carrera!

Tkf5000
08-19-2002, 09:50 AM
My latest car is The Porche Carrera ( awesome ) Now i cant wait to get the F50.. Just 46,000 kudos to go! ive got a bronze or above on everything, so now im just going to go back and try to get the golds.. with the F50 or Carrera! the f50 and the carrera are pretty much the same thing. they all are all the way full except minues one for handling. i wouldnt get too excited. but the f50 looks pretty cool. too bad they sow it to u on the cover of the game. it should be a suprise.

CRAIG123
08-19-2002, 01:25 PM
I just got the F50 and even tough they got the same amount of points, the F50 is 10 times better! its amazing.