PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue: The Movie Trailer

GeNeRaL AcE
08-16-2002, 03:25 PM
Microsoft Game Studios today announced that Xbox owners can get caught up on the journey of Ryo Hazuki to avenge his father's death through the "Shenmue: The Movie" DVD. The DVD will come bundled with the Xbox exclusive "Shenmue IIä" when the game ships in North America on November 6 of this year. The DVD is 90 minutes long and features English or Japanese voice-overs with the option for Japanese subtitles, and is playable on the Xbox with DVD remote or North American DVD players.

The full-length movie draws upon the original footage from the Sega Dreamcast release of "Shenmueä" to deliver the same experience as if viewers had played the game through from beginning to end. It was originally showcased in Japanese theatres and then sold separately on DVD for 4700 yen (approximately $40).

"Shenmue II" is an epic adventure with all the elements of a great movie: drama, mystery, suspense and action. It offers a unique game-playing experience that seamlessly blends elements of action, adventure, fighting and role-playing games. In "Shenmue II" players assume the role of Ryo Hazuki, a young man dedicated to the task of tracking his father's murderer and unlocking the mysteries of the Phoenix Mirror. "Shenmue II" continues where "Shenmue" left off, bringing Ryo to Hong Kong with many unanswered questions as he follows the trail of Lan Di, the man who killed his father.

http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=3568

KviK
08-16-2002, 03:33 PM
Pretty cool and all but why would japanese pay 40$ for a 90min movie ?

Magnum Blast
08-16-2002, 04:08 PM
W00t. I never was able to play Shenmu so its good that I can get caught up on what happened in the first one.

pieceofmind83
08-16-2002, 07:30 PM
best news i've heard in three weeks.
thanks,dude!

GeNeRaL AcE
08-17-2002, 01:29 PM
Im getting Shenmue 2 for sure now!

y2kash_14
08-17-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Magnum Blast
W00t. I never was able to play Shenmu so its good that I can get caught up on what happened in the first one.

Dude i highly suggest, you play this game, its hella good! ;)

lllSmokelll
08-17-2002, 09:20 PM
im still trying to beat Shenmue for dreamcast!! :)