PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Launch

mattcoxonline
11-04-2001, 09:51 AM
Nice one Microsoft.....
5 games out in the shops already and the console hasn't even launched.
32 Launch titles, thats great in coparison to Gamecube's 3 (or was it two) launch titles.......

But a complaint......

Xbox is too expensive.....
$299 converts to around £205 (good price for a console)
in England we are paying £300 ($435)...
and thats a big difference.....
why do we get ripped off??

What do you think??

Matt Cox
Xbox Mapped Webmaster
http://www.geocities.com/xbox_mapped/

Azimiza-XBA
11-04-2001, 10:05 AM
I think that's how Microsoft plans to make a profit. Or, maybe not. Maybe the price'll change by the time it's ready for launch in UK.

ChaZ
11-04-2001, 10:08 PM
American Colonials got ripped off long time ago by paying extra $$$ for the stupid taxes on everything that England ship to them.

Now it's payback time! :)

-ChaZ

Hugh_Jass
11-05-2001, 12:12 PM
I don't think Microsoft is ripping the rest of the world off. They are just subsidizing the U.S. more for deeper market penetration. If they charged us what it costs them to make the XBOX we'd all be paying $400+ USD.

l Maximus l
11-05-2001, 12:23 PM
It costs a lot of money to export. Besides, if you were to buy all of the components that the XBox has seperately, it would cost a hell of a lot more than $435. More like $800 or so. Either way you look at it, Microsoft is losing money on the consoles and making a lot of money on the games.

-Max

mattcoxonline
11-05-2001, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
It costs a lot of money to export.
-Max

Cost a lot to export ?!?!

It comes from Holland which aint too far away..
It's not as if they are coming from America....

l Maximus l
11-05-2001, 03:44 PM
Matt...I suppose Microsoft would have a manufacturing location in Holland...I wasn't sure about it. I made a guess that they were manufactured in the United States since Microsoft is based here in Seattle where I live.

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 02:01 PM
Oh yeah...Flextronics is manufacturing them...that makes sense. I completely forgot about that...They are pretty wide spread...I would check out those numbers first...I am not sure if really is going to be $435 in United States exchange.