PDA

View Full Version : 1 xbox live question, plz help!!!

Markus_Kalarkus
08-16-2002, 07:39 PM
man could some one tell me what exactly you need for xbox live like what cables and where they go and how much it will cost and things like that. help will be greatly appreciated:)

E Nomini Patri
08-16-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus
man could some one tell me what exactly you need for xbox live like what cables and where they go and how much it will cost and things like that. help will be greatly appreciated:)

The X-box LIVE kit will cost 50$US retail in stores everywhere that sell games. All you need is a Broad Band(Cable/DSL) internet connection. Just take the CAT-5 cable that is plugged into the NIC(Network Interface Card) on the back of your PC towere (at the bottom) and put it into the back of your X-box. Then just put in the X-box LIVE software in your X-box and you're ready to start!

killerclint
08-16-2002, 08:26 PM
i don't have my own PC,,so do have to buy a CAT-5 cable?someone told me that i would need a router to make it work,,,,,,,,,i have no idea about this stuff,and is X-BOX LIVE going to be a world-wide thing?,,can i get it here in Canada?

Whisper
08-17-2002, 03:38 PM
DONT FORGET! credit card! FOR SOME ****ING REASON ****** THIS MEANS I CAN NEVER HAVE XBOX LIVE **** WHAT YOU NEED A ****ING CARD FOR ****

redrum237
08-17-2002, 03:48 PM
DONT FORGET! credit card! FOR SOME ****ING REASON ****** THIS MEANS I CAN NEVER HAVE XBOX LIVE **** WHAT YOU NEED A ****ING CARD FOR ****

I think Microsoft is doing some sort of XBOX specific card where you can go to the bank and get it, And you can use it instead of a credit card. I read that off this board so im not sure how much truth it holds, or any other details.

Batman2372
08-17-2002, 03:50 PM
Okay, I know that having to have a credit card is pain for some of you guys, but there actually is VALID (at least to them) reason for it.

You have a credit card, you have an identity. They're making sure they can establish that you are who you say you are. Lots of websites and service providers do this as well. It's nothing new.

Save up some $$, open a checking account that has a VISA/Mastercard check card, and you're set. Piece of cake.

As for the CAT-5 cable... *sigh*

Yes, you need a Cat-5 cable. If you're using broadband, you already have one connecting your computer to your cable/DSL modem. You just need another one connecting from your Xbox to either your computer/broadband modem/router. There are plenty of configurations out there. Do some searching on this forum (that doesn't mean post another question, just use the search) and you should be able to find the answers.

On that note.... before you post a question on the forums, do us all a favor and use the SEARCH to see if your question has already been asked and answered. It will save you some time, it will keep the boards from being clogged, and it will keep from annoying the guys that answer the same questions OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

Have a good one!