PDA

View Full Version : Doom3 confirmed for Xbox!!!! OMG!!!

faceoff508
08-16-2002, 08:27 PM
John Carmack confirms that the graphically impressive first-person shooter will come out for the Xbox and will match the visual fidelity of the PC version.

Id Software had previously expressed interest in doing an Xbox version of its upcoming first-person shooter, but hadn't confirmed that there would be a console version of the game.

Today during his keynote at QuakeCon, id's John Carmack said that the Xbox is the only console platform that id is "completely committed" to releasing Doom III on. Carmack further commented that the Xbox version will have the "full graphics fidelity" of the PC version, which made a major debut at this year's E3, where it won a number of awards.

Id Software has said that work on the Xbox version won't start until the PC game is complete. At QuakeCon 2002, id expressed hope that the game would be done before next year's E3 in May.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2877682,00.html
------------------------------------------------------
I....I....am haveing an orgasim...

faceoff508
08-16-2002, 08:30 PM
No ones answering...... THIS IS DOOM 3.... PEOPLE!!!!!! DOOM 3. OMG MY hEART JUST SToped..........

Snoopy7548
08-16-2002, 08:33 PM
i was recovering from the heart attack i just got. sorry i didnt respond sooner. lol. but this is such awesome news! i cant wait. he even said that it would be exactly like the pc version, so thats really really awesome. its gonna be a definite buy for me.:D :) :D :) :cool: :eek: :D

faceoff508
08-16-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i was recovering from the heart attack i just got. sorry i didnt respond sooner. lol. but this is such awesome news! i cant wait. he even said that it would be exactly like the pc version, so thats really really awesome. its gonna be a definite buy for me.:D :) :D :) :cool: :eek: :D

My heart.... help me....... GRAPHICS TOO GOOD. UGh. Just saw another screenshot of Doom III ughhh helppppppp heart....

Snoopy7548
08-16-2002, 08:38 PM
lol. imagine if it was xbox live compatible?? i would be in gaming heaven, cause id be dead from the 9 heart attacks id get. lol. just like when mr burns offers lisa a ton of money, and she doesnt accept it, and homer has like 5 heart attacks. lol:D :) :eek:

redrum237
08-16-2002, 08:39 PM
Sweet, I would of been so sad if it didnt come out for XBOX, casue my computer is crap, and there is no way that game would ever run it.

:D

faceoff508
08-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Okay I recovered, Doom III is going to ROCK on the Xbox, and if it Xbox LIve compatiable then... I would just....

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/pcnews/073002/doom_screen002.jpg

Another screen, my heart, my tiny heart.....

Brevity
08-16-2002, 08:50 PM
WOW. I cant wait. Thanks 4 the info!

Snoopy7548
08-16-2002, 08:50 PM
oh my gawd!

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/doom3_081502_002.jpg

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/doom3_081502_001.jpg

my heart just exploded

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/doom32.jpg

faceoff508
08-16-2002, 08:52 PM
This is why I love the xbox...

Snoopy7548
08-16-2002, 08:53 PM
this is why i dont have a ps2. lol:D

faceoff508
08-16-2002, 08:58 PM
I wonder how Doom III would look on a PS2.... all those jaggies. WOW. I wish I had a screen to compare.

This game will be released at the same time as Halo 2..... how am I going to have time for both of them. My love for the Xbox has rised even more.

Snoopy7548
08-16-2002, 09:00 PM
lol, the ps2 version would be so bad. if they did both versions with full graphics (like in the pc version). the xbox one would probly run at like 40-60 fps, and the ps2 would run at like 5-15 fps. lol

JADE8704
08-16-2002, 09:09 PM
wow...this is the coolest thing since the other side of the pillow! hehe

truly, the xbox is the BEST SYSTEM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS2 you screwed me over 2 years ago when I wanted you.....when i went to the store to buy you, YOU WEREN'T THERE....sorry....you blew your chance.....we could have had good times with GTA 3, and MGS.....but you know what? there will be other fish in the sea who are willing to buy you...but one thing is for sure, i wont :D

and nintendo...im sorry...but...there's someone else in my life...her name is the xbox...and, well....she has better looking games than you do....and they're more fun to play with....sorry nintendo...i know we had great times back with the n64..and goldeneye..but im going to have to let you go....you're just not committed enough to online gaming...and thats what i need....adventure....excitement....and the xbox is just a better partner for me....and besides....IM A GRAPHICS WHORE :)

(sorry if im freaking anyone out...i just woke up and i don't excatly know what im typing) :eek:

Whisper
08-16-2002, 10:32 PM
it is.. IF ONLY MINE WORKED AHHHHH :(

hook-worm J
08-16-2002, 11:00 PM
This is great news, Doom III looks soo good!

Creator
08-17-2002, 12:15 AM
I think i am going to cry http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ed/cry.gif

Markus_Kalarkus
08-17-2002, 12:40 AM
umm it looks ok but nothing that great i think, whens it coming?

LynxFX
08-17-2002, 01:18 AM
Sure everyone says Doom III sucks when they think it is just coming to PC and that Halo 2 will blow it away graphically yet the first time they announce it for the Xbox you are all over it again...of course showing high res screenshots from the pc version.

Should be interesting to compare both versions though. I will only buy one though, the one for the system that has a mouse and keyboard.

X-Factor
08-17-2002, 03:31 AM
The Xbox version of DOOM 3 will look as good as the PC version. I would really like to see GameCube or PlayStation 2 handle DOOM 3. John Carmack knows Xbox is the only console that can handle DOOM 3.

DOOM 3 and Halo 2 will both come out in 2003...Hah, Metroid what??? :D

Life is good...

faceoff508
08-17-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus
umm it looks ok but nothing that great i think, whens it coming?

Havent you seen the screens?

Snoopy7548
08-17-2002, 09:27 PM
dude, faceoff. this news story is on the frontpage, and they give credit to bean kenazi, instead of you. when you posted it first:( :) :confused: :eek:

Slacker
08-18-2002, 01:09 AM
Well it just goes to show Adam Sessler of Extended Play is yet again a Freaking Moron , he said that only a G4 could handle it but I guess since that new thing Nvidia Created to make FINAL Fantasy the Movie style animation really works for the Xbox , I knew that one day I would look at Halo and rallisport and say man those graphics suck compared to new Xbox games , it only goes to show that Xbox will be king, I hope they still stay Commited to us when they put on the throne ,

Slacker
08-18-2002, 01:09 AM
Well it just goes to show Adam Sessler of Extended Play is yet again a Freaking Moron , he said that only a G4 could handle it but I guess since that new thing Nvidia Created to make FINAL Fantasy the Movie style animation really works for the Xbox , I knew that one day I would look at Halo and rallisport and say man those graphics suck compared to new Xbox games , it only goes to show that Xbox will be king, I hope they still stay Commited to us when they put on the throne ,

NomadLLama
08-18-2002, 10:49 AM
pfff... lets see PS2 or GAMECUBE do that kinda stuff..... yeah sure.... the Comp version is coming out when GF5 comes... so the framerate will be acceptable im pretty sure. what i am not sure about is if we are going to have the same love for it as we did with DOOM. the original was awesome cause we were not used to that kind of gameplay. but now we are... eh oh well, Carmack has never failed us with a "new engine" game, but Final DOOM was horrible.

faceoff508
08-18-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
dude, faceoff. this news story is on the frontpage, and they give credit to bean kenazi, instead of you. when you posted it first:( :) :confused: :eek:

I know, OI was the first one to post it, BK posted it the next day in the GC vs Xbox forum. :mad:

y2kash_14
08-18-2002, 07:42 PM
DOOM III is going to be the Xbox's ultimate test. Can't wait to see it in action

MidniteArrow
08-18-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
The Xbox version of DOOM 3 will look as good as the PC version.

These screenshots look awesome. I saw them a while back. A friend of mine works for a high end graphics company (high end as in they make graphics cards that cost as much as some of our cars - chevettes not included). ID gave them a preview of the game just to see how their hardware could handle the engine with all the options toggled on. It ran at a blistering 5 fps (and yes - they were running on 3D cards). I'm not sure, but these systems may have been where these screenshots came from. Again, this is all guesswork, but I wouldn't expect the Xbox version (or the PC version for that matter) to look this good. Close, but not quite at this level.

I hope I'm wrong.

faceoff508
08-18-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Motoko

Because this has been posted twice in each forum. Nice try though. :D
I am the forst person in this forum to post the news. Check the dates of all of them, and mine would be the winner. I posted it at night while the other posted later in the morning. Check the time and date and come back to me.

Jarvis
08-19-2002, 08:34 AM
I wonder what those PS2 and GC morons over at gaming age are saying about this? or perhaps is it tears....

-jarvis