PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind does not suck

MerimacHamwich
08-16-2002, 10:28 PM
I am tired of people saying Morrowind sucks because they cannot kill things when they are level 1-3. Or they say things like it sucks becuase I don't know what to do. They are just being dumb. I will explain the combat for those people.
Ok so this is real life. You go out buy a sword and go to become a hero. You come across a bear. Having never swung a sword in your life you do pretty much no damage to the bear compared to what it does to you. You die. Same as in Morrowind. This time 'round you train a bit and fight smaller animals maybe a dog or something. You eventually learn good technique in swinging the sword and your muscles grow to accomodate swinging it. You find a bear and slay it with no problem. Same as in Morrowind. Ofcourse your character sucks when he starts out! After gaining skill points and levels he gets better and better and enemies get easier and easeir. You also hit way way more often after you have upgraded some. BTW You do not do damage when you use your fist if you are a humanoid (at first). It just takes off the enemies fatigue. After the enemies fatigue meter runs out you start doing damage. Ofcourse if hand to hand combat isn't what your character is good at it will take forever to get rid of the fatigue and you will probably die before you punch the life out of him. Many people compare Enclave to Morrowind, this is dumb also becuase they are two tottaly different games. One is an RPG on is an action game. In Enclave (excellent game) you start out as a trained and ready warrior so of course you will already do decent damage and hit the enemy most of the time. The reason most people do not like Morrowind is becuase they are too thick headed to understand the principles behind it.

Alien
08-17-2002, 08:19 AM
I agree. Good way to describe it. I love fighting people Rocky Style. :D Go up and just taunt them...then beat them with my fists. This one guy I knocked down...didn't get up...he was still breathing too...it was odd...

Tkf5000
08-17-2002, 09:56 AM
i agree to. but u said that in another thread. the same exact thing about the bear,etc. its just a few people that think it sux, not mentioning any names.*cough*sno*cough*opy*cough*

shrew king
08-18-2002, 01:09 AM
it kind of defeats the purpose, youre telling a bunch of people who like the game, you should post this where people who oppose the game go, most of the people who say they hate it arent gonna come in to the RPG section when hte only RPG is the game they hate, youve got a good point though Merimac.

xboxgamer142
08-18-2002, 10:38 AM
I agree. If people want comabat or somethin', then why don't they just get Halo or Hunter. Morrowind is the best (and only) RPG on Xbox. It is the best RPG I have played since Shenmue (Dreamcast) and Shenmue II (Dreamcast & Xbox). It does not suck. Proof: Dozens of awards from worldwide game critics, for example, BEST RPG OF E3, HALL OF FAME, BEST OF E3, TOP 20 GAMES OF E3, including dozens of great reviews. Combat does not matter, however it is essential in the world of Morrowind. Morrowind is an RPG, not a 3D-Slaughter 'em All Combat Game.

Morrowind is my best Xbox game. You might think I'm crazy, but I enjoy playing Morrowind more than I do Halo.

Tkf5000
08-18-2002, 10:54 AM
if people think the combat sux why dont they use spells? i think the spells in morrowind are the best in any rpg. theres a infinite amout of spells u can make.

Dre
08-19-2002, 09:47 AM
I think the game sucks because it doesn't challenge you enough. Alot of you know that I've always been a pretty big Morrowind advocate. But I haven't even put the game in my Xbox in 1-2 months. Why? Well, I can take on 6-7 guards alone without even breaking a sweat! Its ridiculous! Now, if XBL lets me edit the game, I'll probably find another interest in it. But for now I don't even want to finish the main quest because everything is just too easy.

Duke
08-19-2002, 10:47 AM
I agree, although the game does get progressively harder, it's only to a point. Once you've reached certain levels, you don't really ever have to worry about getting killed.

As this is an open-ended game, I guess they made it that way so you could go to most places and at least escape if not beat the guys there.

I like the game, but it's definitely not without it's faults.