PDA

View Full Version : POW not that bad.

FuNkY mOnK
08-17-2002, 07:21 AM
I picked up POW yesterday; graphically it’s ok and has some issues. And if you liked shenmu you’ll like POW’s premise. So far I’ve placed a lot of emphasis on the clock and actions of my enemy and studied my surroundings for the next day.

At times you’ll have to do other’s favors to progress, and save items in your foot locker for safe keepings later on in the game. What makes this game addictive is outwitting the enemy in a consequential environment, which puts you in an anxious moment every step of your actions, like hiding under a bed or in a closet in restricted areas.

This game may not appeal to the masses, but if Steve McQueen, dirty dozens and Hogan’s heroes or old war history is your cup of tea and add the fact that it has all Rpg elements, you might like this game, I love it.
:)

chili325
08-17-2002, 07:25 AM
thanx 4 post. I mean pick this up, sounds prety cool.

killerclint
08-17-2002, 10:50 AM
i really like the idea of this game,,can you tell me if it's a diffacult game?,,and how many levels are in it,do you know?,,i think i might pick this one up.

lllSmokelll
08-17-2002, 09:06 PM
your saying its like Shenmue!!!!???

FuNkY mOnK
08-17-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Goldberg
your saying its like Shenmue!!!!???
In some way’s, like the clock for instance, at certain times events take place like role calls, lunch and free time. They are mandatory. You also walk around taking to certain people to gather info, the premise to me at least seemed like shenmu.

chili325
08-17-2002, 10:58 PM
Even if its not all that fun, i greatly respect all of the work that the developers put into this game, the AI, and most of all, for venturing into an odd and rare gaming territory. I hope the game sells well

Snapple
08-18-2002, 01:06 PM
i think this game looks so stupid and it reminds me of cell damage:o

FuNkY mOnK
08-18-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
i think this game looks so stupid and it reminds me of cell damage:o
You’re entitled to your opinion, but, please explain how this game reminds you of cell damage? It’s like saying NFL fever reminds me of ace combat? freaky post dude.

Snapple
08-18-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

You’re entitled to your opinion, but, please explain how this game reminds you of cell damage? It’s like saying NFL fever reminds me of ace combat? freaky post dude.

yea isnt pow that game with the naked chick in it and you run around with like a object by you and useing it to kill the enemies:confused:

FuNkY mOnK
08-18-2002, 03:02 PM

yea isnt pow that game with the naked chick in it and you run around with like a object by you and useing it to kill the enemies:confused:
This game is set in WWII era, P.O.W stands for prisoner of war, and your objective is to escape from a prison camp. I just started the game so as far as weapons go I don’t know yet. But nevertheless I like it, others may think it’s to slow and boring, you can’t judge a game from what people say because a lot of people thought Halo was over hyped and sucked. Same for cell damage there are people that actually like cell damage.

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 08:39 PM
that's citizen kabuto,if that's what you're talking about

hook-worm J
08-18-2002, 09:25 PM
Hmm, I may have to look into this game... is it a rental? or a fairly long replayable game?

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 10:37 PM
uhhhh....it's a computer game(if you're talking about citizen kabuto)

TZalos
08-19-2002, 09:38 PM
TELL US:

-about the combat in the game?

Is there any?

-Can you use weapons?

-is it long? replay value?

redrum237
08-20-2002, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the post, i asked about this game like a week ago and the post ended up as people making fun of my sig. :(

addicted_2_xbox
08-20-2002, 01:48 PM
Whats the multi-player like? I don't like single player games cuz when you beat them, it's like a worthless $50 CD.

UltimateAg
08-20-2002, 01:55 PM

Are you talking about Whacked? It's like a game show and the naked chick has censor bars over her?:confused: