PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Glitch...

Marc
08-17-2002, 05:47 PM
I'm putting htis here because I don't know where else to put it. There is an annoying stat glitch that I've noticed in Madden 2002, NFL 2K2, Madden 2003, and NFL 2K3. IF you intercept a pass, then are called for clipping or holding during the process of running it back, the interception is not credited to the player who intercepted the pass. It is still the team that intercepted's ball. It shows up in the turnover stats, but not on quarterback's stats or the defensive players stats. Anyone know

CrazyCougar
08-17-2002, 05:51 PM
Hmmmmmm....very good question Marc...I know anytime a penalty is accepted unless its a personal foul the result of the play is null and void. On the case of the interception I would still see credit going to the QB and defensive guys respectively, but the yardage in the runback would be erased due to the penalty.

Your best bet!!! Bench the bonehead who committed that penalty!!!!!!! LOL!

Snapple
08-17-2002, 05:53 PM
wtfhttp://www.gametavern.net/forums/images/smilies/wtf.gif
so this is like when you get the ball and run back and get tackled its the other teams ball

Marc
08-17-2002, 06:04 PM
I'll give you an example...Samari Rolle intercepts a pass. He's on his way to the end zone. THe announcer says flag on the play. He scores. The penalty is clipping on Kearse. The Titans get the ball fifteen yards from the spot of the foul. A check on the stats reveals that the QB is NOT credited with throwing an interception. Samari Rolle is not credited with an interception. THe interception IS credited in the team stats turnover section. It is a glitch that needs to be fixed in all these damn football games.

CrazyCougar
08-17-2002, 06:05 PM
No, you go back to the spot of the foul and penalized from there. Thats only if the penalty takes place AFTER the INT. If it happens before the INT then the ball goes back to the offense. But no matter what the INT should still show up in the stats if the penalty was committed after the INT.

Marc
08-17-2002, 06:09 PM
It is only when the penalty occurs after the interception. THat's why I'm calling it a glitch. The interception should show up in the player stats and it does not, but it does show up in the team stats.

Marc
08-17-2002, 06:11 PM
Hey CC, go to the chat room...

Snapple
08-17-2002, 06:13 PM
man thats crasy:eek: im glad fever doesnt do that:)

Marc
08-17-2002, 07:56 PM
Yeah, that would make Fever suck even more.

peejay2288
08-17-2002, 07:58 PM
I've never noticed this glitch. I know I've noticed little statistical glitches like this on NBA 2K2 though. Hope it's only on your game and not mine! Hehe:p

Marc
08-17-2002, 08:06 PM
Note: It apparently occurs with ANY penalty. Holding was called on the team that threw the int and when I accepted it, no int was shown. When I declined it, the int appears in the stat list.

canadianboi3
08-17-2002, 08:37 PM
There was a play where i was in the red zone and the defense intercepted my pass..but he was on his knees when he caught it...so i challenged and the ref said the call on the field is over ruled. The defense got the ball again, and were where i throw the int like 15 yds from the endzone!! i ended up losing cuz of this.

Snapple
08-17-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Marc
Yeah, that would make Fever suck even more.

wtf is that supposed to mean:mad:

Marc
08-18-2002, 12:19 AM
That means that Fever sucks now and that if it had that glitch, it would suck even more.