PDA

View Full Version : Doom III...slowdown like Morrowind ???

Shadow20002
08-17-2002, 09:24 PM
Yes, i know Doom III is coming to Xbox for 100%. But what i am worry is the framerate for the game. Morrowind (87% rating by www.gamerankings.com) is the best game for the Xbox after Halo. Why this game only get 87 % but not 90% and up like Halo ?? Because Halo run full speed. Morrowind has many "bugs" and the worst thing: framerate drop constanly. Everyone one who have the game know what i am talking about. In the Cavern of Incarnate, when you try to take the ring Moon-and-Star, the framerate is about 10 or 15 fps. When you fight with Dagoth Ur, trying to destroy the robot's heart, the framerate is aout 7 or 9 fps. There are soo many frame dropped places so i cannot identify all of them. Now with Doom III and all jaw-dropping graphics, i doubt that the Xbox can handle this one with no slowdown. Maybe Id Software has create a new engine of 3D equal the PC version that the xbox can support for a 60 fps with no slowdown.

Tkf5000
08-17-2002, 10:19 PM
the xbox game is guna be a while. its not even getting started to AFTER the pc version!

hook-worm J
08-18-2002, 05:10 PM
Its all about how they code the game. If they write it good, then it will take most advantage of the Xbox's powers. Not to say that the game will not still slowdown, b/c we only have so much hardware to work with. Hopefully they dont rush the Xbox version. Hopefully they will spend time fixing the bugs and leveling out framerate issues.

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 07:22 PM
i think that doom3 will probably have a few framerate problems,i mean even Halo has framerate problems at times.

Dre
08-19-2002, 09:24 AM
Morrowind's conversion sucked ass. I recently saw it on the PC, there is no reason for the amount of delays we have to go through for loading saved games and the framerate literally sucks ass on Xbox. Drawing distance is also kind of annoying in Morrowind. I think that if the developers for Morrowind could have spent another couple of months to get it running very nicely I for one would still be playing Morrowind.