PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2k3 -- What the manual didn't tell you... Post here!

Dutch_72
08-17-2002, 10:08 PM
Wow, NFL 2k3 is one tough game... and a crappy manual isn't helping the situation! Please use this as the official thread to post everything that you have learned about NFL 2k3 that the manual fails to tell you (or isn't clear on).

Specifically, I would love to see...
-- a veteran 2kX player fill us in on exactly Maximum Passing works.
-- a "how to effectively run guide" (which moves are best to use?)
-- some tips on how to actually make it through the line for pass rushing on defense.
-- advice on whether it is better to power up the arrow for special moves or tap A for turbo.
-- explanation on how to you send people in motion.

Let's hear some explanation and tips!!

Thanks in advance,
Dutch

Devil
08-17-2002, 10:18 PM
Here is another one. Why do so many passing plays end up in incomplete passes when there is no defender around. The receiver just seems to drop the ball.

Bakeman
08-18-2002, 12:28 AM
You can't just send someone in motion... like in real football a play is designed to have a motion guy.... So only plays that indicate a motion player can a player go in motion. And he is sent into motion automatically.

I'm not a veteran 2kX player.. I only had 2k2 (that was my first one)

Maximum Passing is basically.. you push left and it throws to the left of the player.. you push up and it leads your reciever, etc..etc.. Hopefully someone can explain it alittle better.

I'm also not very good at getting through the O-Line hehe
But if you hold down the L Trigger then press X or Y or A or B you will perform an advanced line move (not sure which each do) but they will probably help you get throught he line.

That's about all the help I think I can offer.. good luck and have fun (bah I'm away from my xbox this weekend and I'm dying to play!!!!!!!)

Bakeman
08-18-2002, 12:30 AM
oh yeah!

If you haven't found it yet.. look in the very back of the book..

it explains Hot Routes, Advanced Line moves, audables on the fly, and something else I think.. like I said away from the xbox this weekend so I can't just look at it :(

It took me a while to find the info, I even posted here asking for help before I found it.

Again good luck, and have fun :)

KingAvi2k3
08-18-2002, 03:21 AM
I will look it up. i still have some old sega NFL2k series manual. I played NFL2k1 and NFL2k2. I'm hooked on Sega NFL2K series football. Wife get mad at me sometime.

robnyack
08-18-2002, 07:05 AM
I have a very simple question....HOW DO YOU CALL A FAIR CATCH????????

rockreid
08-18-2002, 09:19 AM
I too am just learning NFL2K3 (convert from Madden2002)...here are some things I've stumbled upon.

1. Maximum Passing works by altering the route slightly the direction your receiver is running and also the direction your pass goes. It works best if you move your QB into the pocket and set him up there ...Plant his feet!....spot your receiver quickly and press the receiver's button and while holding the receiver button down, move the L control stick in the direction you want to adjust the route and pass. I've found that a good Maximum Pass is a long post/corner route where you can lead your receiver by moving the L control stick at either 10 or 2 o'clock depending on the direction you want to lead him. Another good route I've found is to find a receiver who is cutting directly across the field and push down on the L control stick to move him inside his defender...just like the real NFL!

2. I also cannot find a fair catch call, but so far no fair catch doesn't seem to hurt me any or cause a fumble.

3. In NFL2K3, it seems the best defender to take control of is a defensive lineman. In Madden, I usually controlled a linebacker who covered the TE or RB, but NFL2K3 is so much quicker I got burned badly doing this. The CPU seems to do a better job of defending skill positions while you try to break through the O-Line while controlling your DL. ...BTW, Adjusting your DL left or right by using the R control stick before the snap does wonders!

these are just observations from a newbie. If NFL2K3 veterans have any tips, especially Defensive tips I'm all ears!

robnyack
08-18-2002, 11:05 AM
fair catch has not hurt me either, but, there are times, when you do not want your player to bring the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs, and I cannot figure out how to get him to down the ball in that situation either.

1) how do you call a fair catch?

2) how do you down the ball in the endzone on a kickoff?

driving me nuts.

One thing I did is adjust the run and block sliders. Makes running a bit more reasonable. Much improved. I like! :D

peejay2288
08-18-2002, 12:24 PM
How are you supposed to know when to throw the ball to receivers that can't be seen on the screen?! This is driving me nuts!:eek:

chili325
08-18-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
fair catch has not hurt me either, but, there are times, when you do not want your player to bring the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs, and I cannot figure out how to get him to down the ball in that situation either.

1) how do you call a fair catch?

2) how do you down the ball in the endzone on a kickoff?

driving me nuts.

One thing I did is adjust the run and block sliders. Makes running a bit more reasonable. Much improved. I like! :D
I believe that the Y button controls faircatch but I know it works to down that ball. By the way, can u lateral? that would suck if u couldnt

rockreid
08-18-2002, 02:34 PM
Look under Camera Settings and you'll see an option that zooms the camera out on your pass plays. Sure it makes all your players really small to see the whole field but you get used to it quick and it helps a lot!

Pity us that don't have wide-screen TV's!

CrazyCougar
08-18-2002, 04:31 PM
I got widescreen and for the most part you can see the whole field. Depends on where you are at though too.

robnyack
08-18-2002, 04:49 PM
yea, i figured out the fair catch (Y button). But, I'll be damned if I can figure out how to down the ball in the end zone. I'd be a little miffed if they forgot to put in one of the most basic elements of the game.

:mad:

CrazyCougar
08-18-2002, 04:52 PM
Its gotta be there somewhere, cause the CPU downs the ball.

chili325
08-18-2002, 04:54 PM
A. Stay in the endzone without moving and ur man will go down on a knee and down the ball
B. Press y after u catch it in the endzone

Bakeman
08-18-2002, 06:54 PM
"Y" calls fair catch (you have to be the retuner I believe)

And "Y" will take a knee in the endzone, just be sure to be standing still

Zion
08-18-2002, 07:39 PM
This stuff is very simple, guys.

A) Maximum passing: When throwing, push left to thow the ball to the left of the receiver. Push right to throw right of the receiver. Push up to lead the recevier. Push down to bring the receiver back. Tap the button for a lob pass. Hold the button down for a hard pass.

B) Y button for fair catch.

C) Y button or just don't leave the endzone to take a knee.

Now I don't have 2k3 yet (I have every one before it)...is this stuff really not in the manual? I find that hard to believe.

Bakeman
08-18-2002, 07:41 PM
I didn't see anything on Max Passing..

peejay2288
08-18-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Bakeman
I didn't see anything on Max Passing..

same here. it wasn't even in the strategy guide!

Zion
08-18-2002, 10:51 PM
That is so very odd! I don't understand that! Why would they not put any of that in the manual?? :confused:

wweomaniac
08-18-2002, 11:13 PM
I just wanna say that I got 2k3 today, and it seems so different from Madden. Madden was a simple game to understand. I'm readin a lot of these posts and they seem to be helpful. I'll read some more.

Wicked thread.

CrazyCougar
08-19-2002, 11:21 AM
The game is a lot different from Madden. Almost to the point they cant really be compared. 2K3 is a difficult game to adjust to but it is still and awesome football game to play.

KingAvi2k3
08-19-2002, 11:42 AM
Just press (Y) buttom okay!

DZNUTZ
08-19-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by KingAvi2k3
Just press (Y) buttom okay!

thanx for solidifying that with an 8th confirmation!

ok...who is wise in multiple hot routes.....or hot routes alone for that matter

and yes..i'm also corious to see if laterals are in...i'm guessing not.

Bakeman
08-19-2002, 01:37 PM
still have no clue on laterals

the hot routes are in the back of the manual

Off the top of my head

Up - Streak
Down - screen
Left/Right - Out/In (depends what side the WR is on)
Up Left/Right - Post/Corner (depends what side the WR is on)
Down Left/Right - Slant/Fade (depends what side the WR is on)

You push the R Stick in the direction then the button that is the WR that you want to change their route.

I think that's all correct.. you might want to double check to be sure..

Also HOT BLOCKING, Click the R Stick and then the button of the player you want to keep in for protection (I love this!!!) Also this is not in the book that I could find.

Also another note .... Not like in madden where you can hot route and view their new route, in NFL 2k3 I noticed if you do a hot route and view the routes.. it still shows the original pattern.

Anyways back to gaming! :)

CrazyCougar
08-19-2002, 01:46 PM
laterals are there somewhere, but not sure how to do them. I have done one when I was panicking and button mashing..LOL! Then the defense picked up the loose ball that i lateralled into no mans land! And scored! Darn them!!

Chaotic
08-19-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
I have a very simple question....HOW DO YOU CALL A FAIR CATCH????????

press the Y button :)

9th confirmation :D

chili325
08-19-2002, 04:46 PM
Oh say can u see? OON gabash doe fae boo.., what so proudly we hailed, talabush sa van echa.......Got that Idea from george carlin....right. STOP YELLING

robnyack
08-19-2002, 04:53 PM
so, how do you call a fair catch? :p

as for the downing the ball in the end zone....yes, the guy will down the ball all by himself if you do not touch anything AND if he is at least half way back in the end zone. But, if he is not at least halfway back in the end zone.....ziiippp...out he goes, brave fearless, running into lots of big 240lb flying muscles.

However, it might have just hit me (I'm slow)....maybe you have to switch to the guy and press Y before he gets the ball to down the ball in the end zone?

I hate it when simple things are needlessly made complicated.

robnyack
08-19-2002, 09:11 PM
However, it might have just hit me (I'm slow)....maybe you have to switch to the guy and press Y before he gets the ball to down the ball in the end zone?

nope, I was wrong. I cannot believe you can't down the ball in the endzone.

eyezonme
08-20-2002, 10:00 AM
when u'r in the endzone and after u catch the ball, press X and Y at the same time and u will down the ball

Jay_Fro
08-20-2002, 11:09 PM
A couple tips from a veteran 2K series gamer who just won the Super Bowl with a 17-2 record on Pro. :)

On defense try to take one of the weaker D-Lineman on the team. I play with the Bucs and let Warren Sapp do his thing without me getting in the way! :D

Pick defenses that are geared towards defending the pass. That means a good amount of DB's in the game so they don't hit you with big plays. Rarely will I ever select a bear or 4-3 defense unless I expect a running situation. Most of the game is spent for me in Nickel, Dime, and anything 3rd and 7 is often times prevent. I play quite a bit of 4 cloud on 3rd and 7 or more as well.

When the CPU gets inside the 5 yard line send heavy blitz at him. Also make sure that you leave a man or two behind to cover the middle looking for the Tight End. I've stopped the CPU many a time by throwing heavy blitz at him inside the 10 yard line. Giving up 3 points is better than giving up 7. :D

Even with all this pass heavy strategy I finished the season at 28th in the league in pass defense. It helps if you control the clock and work well when you have the ball.

Many times on first down I throw short passes to get 5-6 yards off the bat. I'll run on second down to get the remaining 4-5 yards. If I don't get it on second down I'll throw another short pass on third to pick up a first down. Rinse and repeat!

If I'm looking to score quick I'll look for deep posts towards the sidelines. Don't try to throw a bullet pass because most of the time the DB will come up and nail the receiver who will drop the ball. Try to hit those corner posts with more of a lob pass. You will be surprised how many of those turn into big scores.

At the end of my first season my TE only had like 15 catches, and I really can't see using him more than that. 3500 of my 4300 passing yards came with Keyshawn Johnson and Keenan McCardel. McCardel was usually the guy who I hit on the post patterns, and Johnson was my #1 short yardage guy. I also used my #3 wideout Joe Jurevicious? as an *alternate* post pattern to the sidelines guy. He also racked up over 500 yards receiving.

One more defensive tip is when you see the I formation go ahead and hit the Y button to bring up the blitz play call. When you see the I formation they are typically going to run, and you need quite a bit of gas coming to tackle some of these guys.

ALWAYS USE MAXIMUM PASSING!

Bakeman
08-21-2002, 01:49 AM
congrats on the super bowl..
I haven't even started a season yet

some info please..
what team were you?
and
how long of quarters?

Jay_Fro
08-21-2002, 02:22 AM
congrats on the super bowl..
I haven't even started a season yet

some info please..
what team were you?
and
how long of quarters?

Tampa Bay Bucs

5 minute quarters

Just killed the Atlanta Falcons 56-10 in the first game of season #2. Going through the draft almost felt like you were actually participating in the draft. Great job Sega!

Bakeman
08-21-2002, 03:01 AM
you know what..

I feel like a total tard.. you mention Sapp in your post LOL

I simulated through a season real fast because I wanted to see what that was like.. was totally awsome!! the ROOKIE COMBINE IS THE BEST... can't really get more realistic then that.. unless you can actually watch them work out lol

Jay_Fro
08-21-2002, 01:51 PM
you know what..

I feel like a total tard.. you mention Sapp in your post LOL

I simulated through a season real fast because I wanted to see what that was like.. was totally awsome!! the ROOKIE COMBINE IS THE BEST... can't really get more realistic then that.. unless you can actually watch them work out lol

No question in my mind that this game is the best football has to offer for this season. NCAA 2003 was very good but it just doesn't seem like it brings as much fun as NFL 2K3. From scouting to the actual draft this game has very few flaws. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did after playing through the season.

rockreid
08-21-2002, 03:42 PM
my terrible Cowboys are 5-9 right now and just lost to the 49's 34-10. Garrison Hearst just plain ran over my ass with 197 yards and 3 td's. A lot of these yards came on him breaking tackles, especially from my DB's.

Man, is Quincy Carter bad in this game. He has 10 TD's and 18 INTs so far. I have maybe completed 3 passes to my TE all season...I've thrown to him many times but DROP ...DROP...DROP, or he just gets nailed and the ball pops right out. The only passes i can connect with any regularity using Quincy is a spread pattern to a WR at or behind the line of scrimmage. Mid-length passes are very difficult with him. Once or twice a game I can get lucky and hit Galloway on a long Hot Route straight up the field. And let me add that Bryant is a terrible receiver ( in this game).

BTW, I took Madden 2002's Cowboys to the Super Bowl TWICE and won with little effort...guess which football game is the better "sim?"

UltimateAg
08-21-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by rockreid
my terrible Cowboys are 5-9 right now and just lost to the 49's 34-10. Garrison Hearst just plain ran over my ass with 197 yards and 3 td's. A lot of these yards came on him breaking tackles, especially from my DB's.

Man, is Quincy Carter bad in this game. He has 10 TD's and 18 INTs so far. I have maybe completed 3 passes to my TE all season...I've thrown to him many times but DROP ...DROP...DROP, or he just gets nailed and the ball pops right out. The only passes i can connect with any regularity using Quincy is a spread pattern to a WR at or behind the line of scrimmage. Mid-length passes are very difficult with him. Once or twice a game I can get lucky and hit Galloway on a long Hot Route straight up the field. And let me add that Bryant is a terrible receiver ( in this game).

BTW, I took Madden 2002's Cowboys to the Super Bowl TWICE and won with little effort...guess which football game is the better "sim?"

Dude, I'm playing as the Cowboys on pro level right now, and I'm 4-0. Bryant has been a great receiver for me, and I've depended on my TE for at least 2-4 passes per game for 10+ yards. I've got passing down, it's the running I can't get. I can't get Emmitt any yards (I think 60 yards has been his best game so far). But, it's been my defense that has kept my alive so far, I just beat the rams 14-13; held the top rated offense to 2 field goals and a td.

robnyack
08-21-2002, 08:51 PM
remember, you have sliders that you can tinker with to get you a good reasonable competative game. At this point, I cannot compete at pro level adjusted sliders. I had to reduce the running and catching sliders to about half of what they normally would be. I think I will bump them up a quarter when I start my new season, and see how that plays.

Jay_Fro
08-21-2002, 09:09 PM
I just barely pulled out a win in my second game of season #2. I beat the Giants on a 4th quarter TD 21-20. This season my sliders are all default at the pro setting and I'm playing with a loaded team. My stats for this game were just ugly, 1 TD pass with 3 INT's and something like 174 yards. On the ground I didn't do much better only gaining 79 yards on 23 carries and 2 TD's. For the season though my QB rating is still at 114, I had 6 TD passes week one against the Falcons. On to week 3........

spliffdUP
08-26-2002, 03:00 AM
Can you use created teams in Franchise mode?

Highlite23
08-26-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by spliffdUP
Can you use created teams in Franchise mode?

First off...good posts from everyone.:)

I couldn't use a created player in Franchise, so i'm guessing you can't use a team.

If i'm wrong, let me know what i'm missing, anyone...cause i would love to use my CP & CT in Franchise mode.

robnyack
08-26-2002, 05:13 PM
btw, I figured out downing the ball in the endzone....it is the Y button.

I could have sworn that was not doing it for me initially. But, I am certain of it now, the Y button downs the ball in the endzone on a kickoff.

It also is the fair catch button.

Jay_Fro
08-27-2002, 03:03 AM
I just got done with my second season in the franchise mode. I finished with 16 wins in a row on the pro level and beat the Pats in the Super Bowl. My only loss came to Denver 31-28 in week 4 of the regular season. Anyway, QB finished with 4,400 yards passing and a 108.1 rating, RB finished with 2200+ yards rushing and 8.5 yards per carry. I also had 3 wideouts go over 1,000 yards receiving for the year. Keyshawn Johnson paved the way with 1,500+ followed by Keenan McCardell 1,300+, and Joe Jurevicius 1,200+.

My only major drop in stats was at QB where I ended up with 52TD's and 28 INT's. The first season my INT's were much lower, and playing on PRO had quite a bit to do with my passes being picked off.

As far as the draft goes.......I think I did well in my second draft getting a speedy TE and fast WR. I had to let Warren Sapp go for cap reasons, but when you have a 9 million per year QB and 6 million per year RB you don't have much cap room left :eek: My QB's salary went up because I figured it would be better to sign him before his contract came up.

As far as using create a players in franchise, that is what I'm doing with the QB and RB I have right now. All I did was create them first, and I went to Franchise mode later and looked in the Free Agents section. Find them in that section and sign them, but be warned that depending on the team you might have to make trades to free up cap room. My rookie QB and RB wanted 7 and 6 million dollar per year deals right off the bat! Ouch! I signed them anyway and my team has won back to back Super Bowls.

I also had some fun the last few days playing the Segasports.com challenge part of the game. I decided to take a small break in between season 2 and 3 of the Franchise mode and try out this contest. I played the 5 games minimum and I'm currently ranked #51 on the list of players. The people at the very top of the challenge aren't exactly playing *real football*, but I like putting up real life type numbers. I'm averaging 325+ passing yards and 125+ rushing yards per game. I believe the challenge is set at PRO with fatigue and quarters are only 5 minutes long. It is fun to see what kind of numbers you can put up, hopefully I'll see a few of you ranked on that ladder in the near future!

consolegamer
08-27-2002, 08:48 AM
You down the ball in the endzone by having control of the player and pressing the y button or just standing still. When you move your controller to the team your controlling before the game starts, press the a button to activate Maximum passing. Simple as ****

StonedRock
08-29-2002, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know how to intercept the ball (I rented 2k3 and it didn't come with a manuel)? I play as my created CB and I always just knock the ball down when I press "Y."

Pipetender
08-29-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by StonedRock
Does anyone know how to intercept the ball (I rented 2k3 and it didn't come with a manuel)? I play as my created CB and I always just knock the ball down when I press "Y."

I have played a few days and I have only 1 int where I controlled the guy. Otherwise you just have to get lucky and have your computer contolled player pick it off.

KingAvi2k3
08-30-2002, 03:15 PM
FOR INTERCEPTION

Press (B) button to control the defender( cornerback or safety) and then press (Y) button which make him jump up for the interception.

TO TACKLE RECIVER AS HE CATCH THE BALL

If you time it right. The receiver or tight end will drop the ball. first you must press (B) button to control the defender and then press (X) button which make him either tackle the receiver. If time right, receiver will drop the ball from the hard hit by pressing (X) button.

FOR MORE HELP, JUST HOLLA DOGG!

ShaqPack!
09-01-2002, 01:10 PM
Does anybody know how I can get a created player into a franchise team?

chili325
09-01-2002, 03:22 PM
sry all, but i just found an interview and theirs no lateral. I dont no the site but dont believe me if u dont want. O WELL!

ShaqPack!
09-02-2002, 11:08 AM
There is a lateral. You have to pick a play that has the lateral and it would automatically lateral for you.

KingAvi2k3
09-03-2002, 06:41 AM
I'll look it up and see. I know with NFL2k1 and NFL2k2, all you have to do is press thr directional backward which make him lateral the ball. I'll see what's up with NFL2k3 lateral!

tWoTOMA
09-14-2002, 08:50 PM
I've been playing the 2K series since it came out, so I know it all! :cool:

Maximum Passing works by gving you the option to lead your reciever in any direction you want (press slight right to lead him a bit or way right to make him have to really run or dive for it,etc.), and how hard you want the pass to be thrown. Lobs are the result of a tap and liners are the result of holding the button down. It's amazing how much control you actually have!

Unlike other games, it's critical to run inside in this game. You can't just run tosses and sweeps all day, because the defense will catch on, and just like in real football, it's ahrd for offensive linman to block in the open field. Goodplays are isos (where the FB leads you), dives (quick hitters with no lead blockers), and powers (where your FB and a pulling lineman lead you). If you do want to get outside, try a sweep with a FB leading you and one linman pulling. More lineman will leave more tacklers free on the backside. Also, zone plays give you a chance to go outisde or cut inside, they are my favorite. As far as moves, simply hold the A button to charge up and hit A to run over someone when he's coming right at you, Y to hurdle if he's behind you, X to dive if you need a few short yards at the end of a run (be careful it's easy to fumble this way), L or R to juke if they are coming from the side, Black or White if you have a power back with a DB trying to tackle you, or B to spin if you have an agile back with a DB coming at you.

Pick a dlineman and run into an olineman. Immediately press and hold L, then press a for a rip, b for a spin, x for a club, and y for a swim. Hold A before running into the lineman will charge up whatever move you make. Fast guys should spin, srong upper body guys should club, strong lower body guys should rip, and expert pass rushers should swim. You can use any of them, but that's what I've found. Make sure advanced Dline moves are on in the options screen.

Tap a for turbo, then charge up when you see someone coming. Simple, eh? Also, when you are running away from a crowd, tapping is not the best idea. Charge up til about half way, then press A, it will give you a longer turbo boost without waiting for it to charge all the way up.

Sending people in motion is easy. First you have to have a motion play. Then break the huddle, wait for your qb to get under center, then press the right thumbstick in the direction that the man is supposed to go. The qb will make a foot signal, and he'll be in motion.

Another thing you should learn is hot routes, the best thing to happen to 2k3 in a long time. It's sol much better then madden because when you call it the opponent doenst know which reciever is switching routes and to what.

DZNUTZ
09-17-2002, 04:14 PM
great post 2toma!!

i didn't know all those advanced line moves were availble.
i'm gonna go home and practice them tonight and start learning how to use maximum passing. ( its always resulted in me running while throwing and the getting the pass picked:( )

taki
09-19-2002, 12:59 AM
You can download the manual at sega sports. Lots of good tips.

SkoalMint
09-19-2002, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by taki
You can download the manual at sega sports. Lots of good tips.

Great find taki.

Here is the link (http://www.sega.com/help/manuals/NFL2K3_XBOX.pdf). I suggest everyone take a look at this. This is what the manual should have been. Well, other than the fact that they occasionally use the Star of David to indicate the A button.

feverprez
09-22-2002, 11:46 AM
I think the NFL2K series is the best series of gaming out there. Granted ..... the Madden Series has the longevity but it does not have the real game feel.

feverprez

Keltiks
09-24-2002, 12:19 AM
Can someone explain hot blocking?

SkoalMint
09-24-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Keltiks
Can someone explain hot blocking?

I assume you mean having a player (usually a RB or TE) stay in and block. If so, wait until the QB is under center, click down on the right thumbstick, then press the button that corresponds to the player that you want to stay in and block. Hope that helps.

melon
09-24-2002, 11:47 AM
When I play with my friend, we play on the same team. We played a whole season..and now in our second season we realized that the passing is really weird.

When i pass to him sometimes it goes so far off to the other side of the field, and no where near the pattern he was running. I don't remember this happening in any other NFL 2K game.

Sometimes he doesn't run the route exactly as the play says, but that was never a problem until NFL 2K3 (it seems).

Does anyone know what i'm saying?

and i don't use maximum passing, and we tried everything.

netranger6
09-25-2002, 10:05 PM
I know what you're saying. For example, my WR ran a Post out, but when I threw the ball it landed way left of him, nowhere near his route. This was the first play of the game, so my QB was not tired at all. This game is really ****ing me off.

KingAvi2k3
09-27-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by netranger6
I know what you're saying. For example, my WR ran a Post out, but when I threw the ball it landed way left of him, nowhere near his route. This was the first play of the game, so my QB was not tired at all. This game is really ****ing me off.

Did you throw on the run like most people do. You need practice my friend. Most post route, you need to run to the ball. Slant is where the ball direct to you. Run to the ball on post route. just practice, try rookie mode and slow speed.

Ravenders
10-03-2002, 10:39 AM
OK, we have been playing in franchise and can't seem to use the Playbook Manager accurately. We add plays to it, but the plays are not there when we are in the game. Is there something obvious we are missing?

Thanks!
Karen and Brock

peejay2288
10-05-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint

Great find taki.

Here is the link (http://www.sega.com/help/manuals/NFL2K3_XBOX.pdf). I suggest everyone take a look at this. This is what the manual should have been. Well, other than the fact that they occasionally use the Star of David to indicate the A button.

Now I feel like a dumba$$ for spending $15 bux on the strategy guide.:(

peejay2288
10-05-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by rockreid
I have maybe completed 3 passes to my TE all season...I've thrown to him many times but DROP ...DROP...DROP, or he just gets nailed and the ball pops right out.

Weird. Maybe your picking the wrong plays. Tony McGee is my top receiver and holds on to most passes he gets his hands on. Right behind him at my number 2 receiver is Joey Galloway. Last season I was 4-13. So far this season I'm 2-8-1. I must be doing something wrong with my passing game though. I know my rushing is good because Emmit already has over 800 yards rushing. You have any tips for me on using them Boys?