PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Fever 2002 an madden 2002 Inside!Played them today! deep reviews

Infinite
11-04-2001, 04:30 PM
Wow! both are really deep great games! Today up at Gamestop the manager let me play both madden and fever cause I told him I wasnt sure which to get!

First off my review for madden 2002...

The models are not as great as fever:( graphics look a lil better than madden for ps2)! but the lighting effects and scratches on the helmets give the game lots of realism. Now the gameplay and the announcing are great! Now first the gameplay...

The only thing that could be better is the blocking:/ but the passing game is great, you can see all the receivers with ease, the coatches on the side line make it look great also, Now the great thing about madden.....

THE REPLAYS! Yes the replays! Ive never seen such tight replays in my life! no joke, its just like how it is on T.V. they give u extreme close ups with matrix style on the catches etc...
Also with the commentary...they were really deep and not much repeating.

Overall the graphics were worse than fever, the commentary was better and the gameplay was about the same...besides replays...

9.5/10

Now on to FEVER!

HOLY *****! when you see the graphics on your tv (not video clip) you will be really surprised! The refections on there helmets are nice, the uniforms get dirty, the grass and turf look sweet, you can see mud get stuck in there helmet, not to mention you can see tattos on certain players which I thought was sweet! Also unlike madden each stadium really did look different! not jus certain parts! each one looked entirely different! Amazing,

Now onto the sad part...the commentary! Man the commentary was really lazy. I like how they didnt say stupid jokes but they would say stuff like ..touchdown by the redskins, but when they said redskins it was at a different pitch than touch down by:
Its like they got lazy and jus filled in a word! they do that alot...

The replays arnt quite as good as madden but they do look bettter graphic wise!

now the gameplay...I love the running game I totally juked like 4 guys but it was with lots of thinking not easy jukes!

Overall this game has better graphics,bout the same gameplay as madden but not better commentary:(

9.6/10 graphics are jus better than commentary to me! especailly when u see fevers graphics!:)

If you have any questions ask me! ill be glad to answer em

mattcoxonline
11-04-2001, 04:43 PM
hey, here in the UK I don't think football games will sell well, mainly cos many people don't understand how to play the actual game of american football.....

I do...

but I have never played it on a console (oh, apart from my Gamegear years ago)

How easy is it to play on a console and how is the Xbox controller I have heard a lot of complaints against it.....

Infinite
11-04-2001, 04:53 PM
Actually its not hard at all to learn! but it will take time to get really good;) also the controllers feel fine to me! it feels really comfortable actually, doesnt feel all cheep and plastily like ps2 controllers and n64 controllers (even though n64 controller was great)

and i liike how the buttons are close to each other brecause its good for quick reactions:)

benz_300sl
11-04-2001, 06:28 PM
Infinite, great great post man, thanks a crap load. I am debating which 1 to get. (Your input?):D

Infinite
11-04-2001, 07:32 PM
Thanks benz_300sl glad my post was worth reading.:) UM well after my experience im going with Fever! The graphics are absolutly stunning! Seriously when i played madden an fever I thought they were 2 different systems for a sec. Madden jus isnt that impressing, if you wanna be blown away go wit fever.:)

Look at it this way...

do you care more about a lil bad commentary or graphics that dont really use the xboxs power?

p.s. hope i helped:)

AlBoogy
11-05-2001, 12:50 AM
nice post,,,

Honestly, the commentary might not be nfl2k2 quality. But i never really even noticed it being bad. I was so into the graphics and picking my plays and whatnot that i didnt notice it. In other words, if it was annoying I would have noticed it. I hope that made sense.

Phiresun
11-05-2001, 10:47 AM
I had a chance over the past weekend to play both Madden and NFL Fever. NFL Fever, I was totally blown away from the feel and overall presentation of the game. It looked as if I were about to play Sunday night Football on TNT. The play selection is beautiful as well as the stats. NO one has metioned the Stats! That is the winning points for NFL fever in my book.

Madden was Madden, it is by far no wimp in this game. All the familiarity is here, if you were a master at it on (Please forgive me) PS2, you will not miss a beat. You may benifit from superb replays to gloat heavily . Also it enables us all to convert our Madden buddies, those who bought PS2 for this game alone, to make the switch. We all know they will switch, once they see their beloved franchise on the Mighty XBOX. We can't lose.

I for one will have both on launch day, but I have a feeling I will be putting in more time on NFL Fever. If I had to choose just one, FEVER hands down.

By the way I wish NFL2K2 were able to compete at the same time, I think it is the best until now.:p

l Maximus l
11-05-2001, 01:57 PM
I'm going with NFL Fever. I didn't mind the commentary probably because I was so blown away from the graphics. I mean, I watched football last weekend on television...and the day before I played NFL Fever...I paid attention to the detail of the game and noticed that reflections off the helmets had lights and even the stadium and how they were mirrored. I was astonished when I watched the regular football game that had the same effects! The realism of NFL Fever is unmatched.

It was so amazing that I didn't even bother paying attention to the commentary as I was sitting there playing in "aw". It was, by far, the best NFL football game I have ever played. I've already bought it and I don't even have the XBox yet!!!! :D

-Max

Slash10
11-05-2001, 03:01 PM
If NFL Fever will play more like NFL2K2 then it will be better than Madden. Maddens moves seem slow and worn out. 2K2s were fast paced and insane. So Fever should be like that making it more fun and even better when you make a friend lose his jock after putting on a sweet spin or juke move.

dronezero
11-05-2001, 07:40 PM
Could someone compare NFL 2K2 to Madden and/or Fever? I have played (and love) 2K2, but I have never played Madden or Fever. Hearing that Fever is similar to 2K2, which one do you consider better?

I am not sure which of the three games to get yet.

Phiresun
11-06-2001, 09:42 AM
If you like NFL 2K2, then you will love NFL Fever. Unless you just have to have NFL 2K@ XB in December. You should definitley go fro Fever. I have 2K2 for dreamcast and love it, I expect the same for the Xbox version, but I can't wait for it since there is something out there that takes it to another level. I don't know what VC has in store for the Xbox, but I do know what Fever has to offer, and there is no reason not to go with it especially if you are a fan of NFL 2k2. You can't be disappointed.:p

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 12:03 PM
I played Madden and NFL Fever...and I am definately going with Fever...it was amazing!!! I played it for a solid hour at a Toys R' Us XBox kiosk and...I had no idea I was there for an hour! It felt like 10 minutes! My wife had to literally pull me off of my tightly held XBox controller because I, seriously, did not want to go! The replay value on that game will be the best for me out of all of the football games I have ever played.

Madden wasn't a crap football game...it's just not as good. It's as simple as that.