PDA

View Full Version : FIRST NFL2K3 Pro-Level WIN!!!

rockreid
08-18-2002, 11:24 AM
I think I'm finally getting the hang of this game! I was the Cowboys 14-3 over the Titans. Here are the vital stats:

7 minute quarters
Maximum Passing On
Pro Level

Carter 13-26 161 yards 1 TD
McNair 14-21 123 yards

I threw NO intereptions.

E. Smith 24 carries 97 yards 1 TD
E. George 8 carries (-1) yards!

I was 1-1 on 4th down. My guy was WIDE open or else I'm sure the CPU would have not let him catch it. The CPU only really cheated once that I saw where a Titans WR did a ridiculous speed-up to the ball where he covered 10 yards in 1/10 second. He looked like The Flash in the Replay.

My defense shut the Titans down. I controlled my Defensive Linemen using the R stick to adjust left and right before the snap and also using special moves (L trigger and YXAB) and made good choices in plays. I let the CPU control my secondary. As far as running with E. Smith, straight up the middle using a lot of LR jukes and holding those triggers down a long time did a lot of good. I still haven't had much success using stiff arms with anyone. I have not encountered any Money Plays that work every time. The AI in this game catches on quick!

KingAvi2k3
08-19-2002, 01:28 PM
You did great job playing. Be ready by november for show down. I'll let you know how I do with the Jets.

RapmasterC
08-20-2002, 03:12 PM
I found a pretty good defense play that is an almost-Money Play. Works just about all the time. Took a long time to find and I won't tell it tho :P

rockreid
08-20-2002, 03:25 PM
could your defensive money play be the 4-3 Strongside blitz? That's a good one but you can get a TD thrown on you if you use that one too much.

Like today...I just lost to the Colts 19-7. I knocked Peyton Manning out for 3 whole series using that play but when he came back in the game he immediately threw a 50 yard TD on me.. LOL!

It's amazing that NFL2K3 can re-create a player's ability so accurately...E. Smith gains usually about 4-5 yards when he runs on the inside (if you don't repeat using him all the time). He isn't fast enough to really get to the outside...but sure enough, just like in real life he'll break a 20-30 yarder on the other team once or twice a game.