PDA

View Full Version : "Shenmue: The Movie" DVD with Shenmue II

xboxtito
08-18-2002, 01:57 PM
Friday, August 16, 2002

"Shenmue: The Movie" DVD with Shenmue II
Steve @ 6:17 PM EDT
Microsoft Game Studios today announced that Xbox owners can get caught up on the journey of Ryo Hazuki to avenge his father's death through the "Shenmue: The Movie" DVD. The DVD will come bundled with the Xbox exclusive "Shenmue II™" when the game ships in North America on November 6 of this year. The DVD is 90 minutes long and features English or Japanese voice-overs with the option for Japanese subtitles, and is playable on the Xbox with DVD remote or North American DVD players.

The full-length movie draws upon the original footage from the Sega Dreamcast release of "Shenmue™" to deliver the same experience as if viewers had played the game through from beginning to end. It was originally showcased in Japanese theatres and then sold separately on DVD for 4700 yen (approximately $40). The theatrical trailer shown in Japan is now posted on the Xbox.com site at http://www.xbox.com. To link to the streaming version of the movie, use this link

mms://netshow.microsoft.com/ms/xbox/video/shenmue2/shenmue2-0002-Hi.wmv

or

mms://netshow.microsoft.com/ms/xbox/video/shenmue2/shenmue2-0002-Lo.wmv

"Shenmue II" is an epic adventure with all the elements of a great movie: drama, mystery, suspense and action. It offers a unique game-playing experience that seamlessly blends elements of action, adventure, fighting and role-playing games. In "Shenmue II" players assume the role of Ryo Hazuki, a young man dedicated to the task of tracking his father's murderer and unlocking the mysteries of the Phoenix Mirror. "Shenmue II" continues where "Shenmue" left off, bringing Ryo to Hong Kong with many unanswered questions as he follows the trail of Lan Di, the man who killed his father.

:D

LTM360
08-19-2002, 07:53 AM
What does that mean exactly? It comes with a DVD movie of the first Shenmune, & Shenmune II to play on your Xbox?

xboxtito
08-19-2002, 09:29 AM
Its a movie. The full-length movie draws upon the original footage from the Sega Dreamcast release of "Shenmue™" to deliver the same experience as if viewers had played the game through from beginning to end.

XBOX MSSC
08-19-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by xboxtito
Its a movie. The full-length movie draws upon the original footage from the Sega Dreamcast release of "Shenmue™" to deliver the same experience as if viewers had played the game through from beginning to end.
your sig is messed up :eek:

xboxtito
08-19-2002, 12:37 PM
i fixed it thx

P-Rock
08-19-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by xboxtito
i fixed it thx

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but you're aware that Goldberg is a big fan of, well, Goldberg. I think if he finds out about your sig, he'll have to speak you. :eek:

Run for your life!!......

Snoopy7548
08-19-2002, 01:53 PM
i think if anyone finds out the size of your sig, they'll have to speak with you. lol. its almost 1 mb