PDA

View Full Version : The Thread of Cautions

X-Ray
08-18-2002, 04:24 PM
Based on my own experiences and those of others, it's become apparent to me that sometimes innocent actions can destroy an entire quest line! This is were we warn the less weary. I think we need this kind of thread. Here we should discuss: Quest conflicts, and innocent things that can destroy quests.

I'll start: In the Vivec interviews, don't buy the book in advance; you'll ruin the main quest and will have to reload an old save file. (I had to restart because I didn't have a save file old enough.)

shrew king
08-18-2002, 04:32 PM
this is a very good thread, I would caution not to kill any corpus beasts in the Corpusarium in Tel Fyr, it will ruin the main quest i have heard, and i did this last night, so now im pretty much screwed.

Dont kill the orc at the top of Ghorak Manor, you will need him to find the Goldbrand.

KEEP TWO SAVED GAMES FOR EACH PROFILE YOU HAVE. i say this because youre game can freeze at any time, even during a save, if you save and it messes up, then you still have a backup. I started a new quest for me and my friend and the first time i saved the game i was so used to saving in a certain file i automatically went to that file to save my new game, i thought quick and turned my xbox off before it was done saving, but when i turned it back on and tryed loading my file, it wouldnt let me. KEEP TWO SAVED GAMES FOR EACH PROFILE. very important.

Duke
08-19-2002, 10:51 AM
Hmm, well don't kill the guy in the 2nd or 3rd Thieves guild quest.

Not the one in the bar, but the one in the manor your getting the key for. If you're not planning on joining Redoran it's not a problem.

Other than that, I haven't done anything that messed things up.

Tkf5000
08-19-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
this is a very good thread, I would caution not to kill any corpus beasts in the Corpusarium in Tel Fyr, it will ruin the main quest i have heard, and i did this last night, so now im pretty much screwed.well first of all dont kill the guy in nerano manor, ondres nerano. it will mess up the redoran quests. and i found a way around that tel fyr thing! all u gotta do is load a save game before u killed dagoth gares and got corpus and talk to him. he will say i forgive u but dont forget u. i posted it but no one seems to read it!

vamp
08-20-2002, 05:57 PM
dont kill venim in his manor in ald ruhn. It may be tempting because he has a full set of ebony armor and a daedric dai katana, but it'll screw up the main quest.