PDA

View Full Version : Squaresoft Working On A game for XBOX

faceoff508
08-18-2002, 05:44 PM
RPG fans have been salivating at the though of what else they might bring to the table. Well, if my source is correct, we MAY have an answer:

Chrono Break.

...The third in the 'Chrono' series of time-travelling RPGs (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross), few solid details exist as yet. However, apparently Square are interested in utilizing the Xbox's built-in Hard-drive. This rumour fits, as SEGA's 'Blinx', a time-bending platformer, is also being developed to make full use of the Hard-drive. See a common theme between these two games?

Time-travel.

Imagine an RPG where multiple worlds can exist independant from each other, and a gaming environment where you could jump between them... A memory-intensive task that only a hard-drive (or massive memory card) would be capable of dealing with.

...All of this is interesting in light of Final Fantasy XI's slow sales performance in Japan due to PS2 Hard-drive shortages and disc compatability problems. Clearly having a built-in drive saves potential buyers from forking out money for a game AND a hard-drive, too.

http://www.xboxau.com/news.php?id=news/news.php?id=1406072079

This might only be a rumor but Final Fantsy for the GC was a rumor. and now it became true...

Caliadar
08-18-2002, 05:48 PM
The difference was that the final fantasy rumor started when Nintendo gave square a bunch of money to fund a joint GC/GBA project. There is no evidence like that pointing to an xbox game.

It would be cool, but I really doubt it.

MixMasta
08-18-2002, 06:15 PM
blinx is made u dont lover him, blinx is a game being devloped by artoon and published by m$, not sega, even though both r good, u hurt blinx's feelings

Whisper
08-18-2002, 06:18 PM
whoever makes what, these sound VERY good

Whisper
08-18-2002, 06:29 PM
whoever makes what, these sound VERY good

Sodacider
08-18-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Caliadar
The difference was that the final fantasy rumor started when Nintendo gave square a bunch of money to fund a joint GC/GBA project. There is no evidence like that pointing to an xbox game.

It would be cool, but I really doubt it.

?? MS has come through on alot of things we've expected and I don't think this is too far outta reach... MS has been making tons of very lucrative deals with Japanese firms.

Snapple
08-18-2002, 07:07 PM
i hope a chrono game comes to the box:)

Knight
08-18-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
blinx is a game being devloped by artoon and published by m$, not sega, even though both r good, u hurt blinx's feelings

Yes and No, the music and Sounds are being made by Sega's Wave Master(they do the music & sounds for all sega games) and have only made one game(Roommania #203) Plus artoon is made up of Ex-Sonic Team members!!

Whisper
08-18-2002, 11:50 PM
sega has alright sound... but sony for sure owns that department

sinizuh
08-19-2002, 12:52 AM
Chrono Break. Awesome. I need it.

Dre
08-19-2002, 09:57 AM
This is music to my ears!! Thanks for the info faceoff!!

Man, a chrono game on xbox would be so sweet!

faceoff508
08-19-2002, 10:08 AM
Dont get excited its only a rumor.... but rumors do come true. Just pray.

Tkf5000
08-19-2002, 10:26 AM
cool a crono game. tnx for th info. but im not to excited. i can live without the game if it is a rumor. too bad i never finished the first one and i never played the second.

Hugh_Jass
08-19-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
blinx is made u dont lover him, blinx is a game being devloped by artoon and published by m$, not sega, even though both r good, u hurt blinx's feelings

Er...yeah, right. I have no idea what thoughts you were trying to express but I'm sure they were brilliant.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of SquareSoft, but getting them to work on XBOX would be a major coup for Microsoft.

dave_m123
08-20-2002, 03:58 AM
When did squaresoft announce FF11 was coming to Xbox?

Sodacider
08-20-2002, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by dave_m123
When did squaresoft announce FF11 was coming to Xbox?

who said that?

dave_m123
08-20-2002, 07:19 AM
This was from the link

"Since Xbox America announced Squaresoft's Final Fantasy XI would be coming to our system of choice, RPG fans have been salivating at the though of what else they might bring to the table."

faceoff508
08-20-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by dave_m123
This was from the link

"Since Xbox America announced Squaresoft's Final Fantasy XI would be coming to our system of choice, RPG fans have been salivating at the though of what else they might bring to the table."

I geuss its another rumor!!