PDA

View Full Version : Why Halo sucks

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 09:46 PM
small levels,linear levels,linear storyline,sorry A.I.,too few weapons,small multiplayer levels,framerate problems,all you get is a longer ending when beating the game on legendary,too few
vehicles,non-interactive,boring multiplayer(because of the shortage of weapons and the puny levels),not much strafing abilities,not enough levels in the game,bad dialogue example-"this cave is not a natural formation,someone built it,so it must lead somewhere", and only two types of enimies.so,if you're wondering why i think halo sucks,now you know.

cityson
08-18-2002, 09:56 PM
You are the annoying guy I've ever seen so far! :) I already know you hate Halo in "Off Topic Longe", "GC Debates Area", and "PS2 Debates Area"....I can't believe you have to post one more in this peaceful 3D shooter section....:rolleyes:

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 09:58 PM
just stating my opinion like everybody else here

cityson
08-18-2002, 09:59 PM
I know! :) I am not mad at you.....I won't go around the forum shouting "I wana ban him" or "Make him go away"....Stuff like that.....:rolleyes: Really childlish....

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 10:06 PM
thanks

SlightlySycho
08-18-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by xbox_elf
[1]small levels, [2] linear levels, [3] linear storyline, [4] sorry A.I., [5] too few weapons, [6] small multiplayer levels, [7] framerate problems, [8] all you get is a longer ending when beating the game on legendary, [9] too few vehicles, [8] non-interactive, [10] boring multiplayer(because of the shortage of weapons and the puny levels), [11] not much strafing abilities, [12] not enough levels in the game, [13] bad dialogue example-"this cave is not a natural formation,someone built it,so it must lead somewhere", [14] and only two types of enimies.

so,if you're wondering why i think halo sucks,now you know. [My Rebuttal By Point]

[1]Are you mental? The shortest level takes me like twenty minutes to clear, and that's knowing everything to do.
[2]Nothing wrong with that.
[3]It has levels. That means the storyline essentially has to be linear. I can't think of one game that has levels that isn't linear.
[4]Now you're just making $#!+ up. The AI's the best part of this game. The Covenant dodge bullets, run from grenades, and use group tactics. The Flood do just sort of charge at you blindly, but they're not really supposed to care if they die.
[5]Relative. I think there are just enough weapons. I mean, I just love it when there are fifteen variations of each weapon in a game.
[6]Once again, are you mental? The multiplayer levels are perfectly proportioned.
[7]Never experienced it.
[8]And there have been games that were easily as hard that just gave you a "Game Over" at the end of the game. What do you want?
[9]In what? Multiplay or Campaign?
[10]How can there be a shortage of weapons if the levels are puny?
[11]You see, you push the left stick left and right to strafe. Once again, whaddaya want?
[12]There are ten. That's standard for alot of games.
[13]OK, that was a big, "well duh" moment. But every game with a story has some crappy dialogue moments that just make you want to cringe.
[14]No: Grunt (three variations), Elites (four variations), Jackals, Hunters, Elite Flood (two variations), Marine Flood, Infestations Worms (I call 'em Poppers), Grunt Flood (I call 'em Bangers), and Sentinels. All told, that's nine types and fifteen different variations of enemies.

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 10:33 PM
i knew someone was going to come back with brainless replies.Linear levels don't bother you huh?well then you're not much of a hardcore gamer

cityson
08-18-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
[7]Never experienced it.

So wrong....This time I have to agree with elf.....Halo's framerate drops like hell!!! Are you blind or something???? :rolleyes:

Snapple
08-19-2002, 07:00 AM
xbox_elf your probly on of those ***** kids that play it on esy and not heroic :rolleyes:

SoccerCJM77
08-19-2002, 09:32 AM
Halo does not suck

SoccerCJM77
08-19-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by cityson
You are the annoying guy I've ever seen so far! :) I already know you hate Halo in "Off Topic Longe", "GC Debates Area", and "PS2 Debates Area"....I can't believe you have to post one more in this peaceful 3D shooter section....:rolleyes:

yea you tell him and don't go to my HALO 2 thread:cool:

SlightlySycho
08-19-2002, 01:00 PM
i knew someone was going to come back with brainless replies.Linear levels don't bother you huh?well then you're not much of a hardcore gamer Let me reword this: essentially every game I know that uses a level format features linear. The only exception I can think of is Deus Ex. Yet you make it sound like most games have multiple paths you can follow.
Moreover, the dynamic enemy AI of Halo's enemies essentially eliminates repetition. What the Covenant did the first time you played through a level will be different from what they do the next time you play through the level. Actually, I guess what I like is the straitforwardness of the levels, not their linear quality.
And I wouldn't be questioning anybody elses gaming enthusiasm if you consider considers Halo's AI "sorry.":rolleyes:

Tkf5000
08-19-2002, 01:34 PM
dang ur getting annoying. leave already!! i dont know why ur here. all u post is this is stoopid, this is ***, i hate xbox. ur fighting a war u cant win. 1 person against 6.5 billion (united states).if i had a pennie for everytime u acted *** i would be a billionaire, no a trillionaire!and if halo sux why did it win game of the year? how come it constantly got high ratings? how come ur a ***? get a life man. dont sit here and post in xboxaddict. go somewhere else. your really ****in me off. go play some mario sunshine since u like gamecube so much. its queres like u who make the world suck. so just frikin leave already!

X-Ray
08-20-2002, 01:23 PM
i knew someone was going to come back with brainless replies.Linear levels don't bother you huh?well then you're not much of a hardcore gamer

Name one FPS that doesn't! Heck, with only a few exceptions, most RPG's are linear! Every FPS I've ever played (and thats a lot) had linear levels and storylines. Name one FPS that has non linear levels and/or non linear gameplay (another of your complaints). By the way, the framereate is fine. It runs at a consistend 30 frames except during the rare loading sessions where the frame are minimally effected. Because loading doesn't occur in combat it really doesn't effect the gameplay any way.

Jarvis
08-20-2002, 02:56 PM
The thing is, how many things does the game do RIGHT?

any little sht can nitpick some retarded answers up and call them "facts", with not a glimpse of objectivity.

Tip: People respect a balanced, objective opinion far more than a subjective, close-minded rant....Unless you're going for a flame war or you're trolling....

Guess it's #2.

-jarvis

CajunIsRagin
08-20-2002, 09:10 PM
Man, don't diss the Chief. Halo rocks. I don't wanna see your a** on here a year from now dissing Halo 2 or I will have to hunt you down and beat you with your own x box jerk.

:mad:

Reclaimer
08-21-2002, 12:22 AM
I'm back...

Xbox_elf has appearently set out on a mission to tell the world about how much he hates halo. You had a thread closed because one of your very first threads you ever made, the day you registered as a member, nearly incited a riot. You hate Halo. You hate the game of the year. Big deal.. Everyone one here knows you hate Halo. Now move on. That's all you have to do. Move on to another topic. Yes you do patrol the gamecube forum and post how wonderful the GC is, but personally I'm pretty sick of the garbage you constantly type. Really now, you registered to be a member here because all you want to do is preach about how much you hate Halo? You made your point on your very first day.

Back from vacation,
Back into the fray.

FuNkY mOnK
08-22-2002, 06:19 AM
I find that in time people contradict them selves, just let it be, it will surface with Halo 2 and the likes.

Tinny
08-23-2002, 03:50 PM
Erm, do we even know he's got the game? He either doesn't understand the game very well or he has only played it a few times and gotten the rest from the net. I mean he didn't even criticize the repetitive pattern of Halo missions with a old standard plot, and what about sub-standard main characters? Ofcourse I can also argue against those points but it's suprising that his entire basis of hating the game can be so easily countered and argued. Hmmm... I suspect he doesn't even own Halo...

Tkf5000
08-23-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Tinny
Erm, do we even know he's got the game? He either doesn't understand the game very well or he has only played it a few times and gotten the rest from the net. I mean he didn't even criticize the repetitive pattern of Halo missions with a old standard plot, and what about sub-standard main characters? Ofcourse I can also argue against those points but it's suprising that his entire basis of hating the game can be so easily countered and argued. Hmmm... I suspect he doesn't even own Halo... lol. read before u post. it was a joke. he osted this and right under it it says not! and this is best game,etc.

xbox_elf
08-23-2002, 11:13 PM
dumbasses....all of you say "halo rocks" without even giving a good reason why,and by the way why would i have said all of those things about the game if i didn't own the game.yes i own halo,and have beaten it's sorry ass several times.

Reclaimer
08-23-2002, 11:55 PM
There have been plenty of reasons made to make the point.
SlightlySycho hit the nail on the head with his rebuttal.
Here let's review:

What you said:[1]small levels, [2] linear levels, [3] linear storyline, [4] sorry A.I., [5] too few weapons, [6] small multiplayer levels, [7] framerate problems, [8] all you get is a longer ending when beating the game on legendary, [9] too few vehicles, [8] non-interactive, [10] boring multiplayer(because of the shortage of weapons and the puny levels), [11] not much strafing abilities, [12] not enough levels in the game, [13] bad dialogue example-"this cave is not a natural formation,someone built it,so it must lead somewhere", [14] and only two types of enimies.

What he said:

[1]Are you mental? The shortest level takes me like twenty minutes to clear, and that's knowing everything to do.
[2]Nothing wrong with that.
[3]It has levels. That means the storyline essentially has to be linear. I can't think of one game that has levels that isn't linear.
[4]Now you're just making $#!+ up. The AI's the best part of this game. The Covenant dodge bullets, run from grenades, and use group tactics. The Flood do just sort of charge at you blindly, but they're not really supposed to care if they die.
[5]Relative. I think there are just enough weapons. I mean, I just love it when there are fifteen variations of each weapon in a game.
[6]Once again, are you mental? The multiplayer levels are perfectly proportioned.
[7]Never experienced it.
[8]And there have been games that were easily as hard that just gave you a "Game Over" at the end of the game. What do you want?
[9]In what? Multiplay or Campaign?
[10]How can there be a shortage of weapons if the levels are puny?
[11]You see, you push the left stick left and right to strafe. Once again, whaddaya want?
[12]There are ten. That's standard for alot of games.
[13]OK, that was a big, "well duh" moment. But every game with a story has some crappy dialogue moments that just make you want to cringe.
[14]No: Grunt (three variations), Elites (four variations), Jackals, Hunters, Elite Flood (two variations), Marine Flood, Infestations Worms (I call 'em Poppers), Grunt Flood (I call 'em Bangers), and Sentinels. All told, that's nine types and fifteen different variations of enemies.

So pay attention. The point has been made. You can back to start more trouble.

pounder
08-24-2002, 04:04 AM
im sorry but i start to wonder about the mental stability of someone that doesnt like halo..the game rocks in any way you look at it..multiplayer levels are huge..weapons are incredible..LAN parties are a blast..the game is hilarious..grunts and soldiers crack jokes at every turn..AI is incredible..the game has the perfect feel in every aspect..driving, fighting, shooting..its all perfect..if you think halo sux..then i think you need to wake mommy and get her to man whore b1tch slap your 12 year old azz.. :)

Tinny
08-24-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
lol. read before u post. it was a joke. he osted this and right under it it says not! and this is best game,etc.

*cough* Wrong thread, different guy. *cough*

Orignally posted by xbox_elf
dumbasses....all of you say "halo rocks" without even giving a good reason why,and by the way why would i have said all of those things about the game if i didn't own the game.yes i own halo,and have beaten it's sorry ass several times.

Yes that is a wonder... I mean, anybody who has gaming experience with an FPS wouldn't have put up the points you did. Anybody who ever played Halo and completed would never have put those points up.

I mean:
"not much strafing ability"? What are you on about? I dance rings around enemies so easily and do 'jump attacks' as I drop behind them. Halo has excellent strafing.
"only two types of enemies"? You haven't played Halo have you?
"small levels"? You haven't played Halo have you?
"too few vehicles"? Tribes, Red Faction and C&C Renegade doesn't even compare to Halos. Yikes, how many FPSs with vehicles (where you can jump on or off anytime) have you actually played?

Bloody hell... listen, all your points has been countered and/or corrected by SilentSycho and I pretty much agree with what he says - Deux Ex actually does have a linear storyline, it's only gives you a branch of options to go through it thats all. Wanna give us your proper reason for hating a game you supposedly have played?

chickenmunky
08-24-2002, 12:35 PM
i think halo sucks

What kind ****ing idiot are you? Have you ever ****ing played the ****ing game? I think not, *****! Next time try playing the game before you diss it! And next time you ****ing diss this game, I will ****ing hunt you down and shove a pineapple up your ass!

Tkf5000
08-24-2002, 12:47 PM
dumbasses....all of you say "halo rocks" without even giving a good reason why,and by the way why would i have said all of those things about the game if i didn't own the game.yes i own halo,and have beaten it's sorry ass several times. well if it doesnt rock whats it do suck? u havent gave good reson for that so it must rule! and y would beat it several times if u dont like it? u must be to used to crap games from ps2 and u dont now a good game when u see one cuz ur brain cells are messed up froam crappy graphic capacilities, poor games, laggy internet service thar runs on 56k, 2 controller slots, and all the other ps2 garbage. go play some little jak and daxter, ps2s "big game" while we play good games on a god console like halo and morrowind and stuff. and dont say ps2 is equal. look a our wreckless, it looks good, then look at ps2s upcoming wreckless, looks like ****!

xbox_elf
08-25-2002, 12:31 AM
you people obviously don't know what strafing means,it means SNEAKING AROUND,BEING ABLE TO GET PAST AN ENEMY WITHOUT THEM KNOWING YOU ARE THERE

Tinny
08-25-2002, 09:04 AM
Erm... no it doesn't. It's literal definition is to harass with gun fire (strafe runs etc) but in gaming terms it means moving left and/or right to avoid gun fire and present a harder moving target to the enemy. Seriously, how many FPSs have you played and do you own Halo? Be honest.

PS. I don't know about you, but I can sneak around the Covies and behind them without them knowing. Infact I do this several times, and most notably is in the AOTCR mission where one section involves you having to take out two elites in the midst of sleeping grunts.

SoccerCJM77
08-26-2002, 03:46 PM
Hey new title for this thread WHY YOU SUCK think about changing your lines

SpartanSniper
08-26-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho

Just in case he doesn't understand:

Grunts: Minor (Orange), Major (Red), & Spec Ops (Black)

Elites: Minor (Blue), Major (Red), Stealth (Active Camo then Gray), Commander (Gold), & Spec Ops (Black)

Jackals: Minor (Blue Shield) & Major (Orange Shield)

Hunters

Infection Flood

Combat Flood: Marines & Elites

Carrier Flood

Sentinels

16 differents types of enemies in total. (Includes Variations)

That's alot of enemies.
:cool:

Reclaimer
08-27-2002, 12:53 AM
you people obviously don't know what strafing means,it means SNEAKING AROUND,BEING ABLE TO GET PAST AN ENEMY WITHOUT THEM KNOWING YOU ARE THERE

I think that just hurt my feelings.

So when fighter planes come in for strafing runs against surface contacts, they (the planes) are sneaking around and getting past the enemy without being observed being there.

But when a stealth fighter comes screaming 200 feet above surface to get past surface batteries, using his stealth abilities alone, he's strafing.

This is what you are trying to say.
Did you know you're wrong?

TheCovenant
08-27-2002, 04:28 AM
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

I cant beleive it, someone who got all the reasons halo is great, and turned them into bad things? okay grand theft auto sucks cause you have to steal cars, final fantasy sucks cause its not real and seems too much like a fantasy, mario sunshine sucks because you HAVE TO be mario, and metal gear solid 2 sucks cause you have to sneak around...........

i never seen such a loser! im going to start a thread or something on reasons xbox elf was raised by varios farm animals or something...........god what an idiot.........hahahaha, halo bad because too few vehicles.hahaha. idiot.hahahahahaha. cant help myself the guy is so dumb, i wanna go pet him or something, feed him with a funnel or something. god.:eek:

Jarvis
08-27-2002, 08:18 AM
Kid doesn't even know what strafe means, how can he understand anything about first person shooters?

-jarvis

ford.boy
08-28-2002, 02:44 AM
WHAT A FREAKIN' IDIOT!!!
He's obviously never played the game, (lemme tell you 16 player Halo ROCKS!!) or is blind, deaf, or retarded...:eek:

Reclaimer
08-28-2002, 05:08 AM
Somebody close this thread. Kill this beast before it tries to kill again.

Tinny
08-28-2002, 10:38 AM
*Yawn* Well if xbox_elf can not give us good reasons for not liking a game he supposedly play I guess I have to post some points:

Graphically Halo is certainly amazing. The level of detail at such distances is awesome and the attention to detail by Bungie makes me wonder how they could finish making the game. However with that aside the repetetive textures of Halo do get dull, especially in later levels involving numerous corridors and rooms. The awe you have about the amount of detail soon lessens and then you just accept it as the norm, with perhaps only a few "ooh"s and "aah"s as you carry on.

The Storyline of Halo certainly comes from a epic science fiction film and Halo is heavily inspired by the Alien films. Although it does have it's own original ideas the basic plot remains the simple and straightforward and really lacking of imagination. Where FPS combat has evolved, the plot of this FPS certainly has not.

The Gameplay in this game is simply superb. But it does get repetitive from time to time (hell, Tetris was repetitive wasn't it?) it still keeps you wanting more. However, with that said it's fairly obvious that Bungie wanted to hide various annoying points. Unlike FPSs on a PC, Halo does not have many areas where firing at elevation occurs and when it does, annoying difficulties arises. A joypad isn't as responsive as a mouse and Bungie understands this fact giving you more targets on the ground level to you then targets with elevation.

A few nagging points that I did not like about Halo:

No bots.
Marines can not heal themselves.
Joypad controls.
It's repetitiveness.
It isn't perfect.

Well like everybody says nowadays: "Put yourself in their shoes". I did. And these are the only reasons I can think of for disliking Halo. All those reasons can easily be countered (though I will have to think about it) and argued against. Halo still is a AWESOME game and thats not just opinion: Thats fact.

...or not, but you get my point. :D :D :p

Spartan IV
08-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Todays Lesson:
what strafing means

Dictionary definition:

strafe (strf)
tr.v. strafed, straf·ing, strafes
To attack (ground troops, for example) with a machine gun or cannon from a low-flying aircraft.

n.
An attack of machine-gun or cannon fire from a low-flying aircraft.

Implied meaning in Halo: To sidestep either right or left.

SpartanSniper
08-28-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Spartan IV
Todays Lesson:
what strafing means

Dictionary definition:

strafe (strf)
tr.v. strafed, straf·ing, strafes
To attack (ground troops, for example) with a machine gun or cannon from a low-flying aircraft.

n.
An attack of machine-gun or cannon fire from a low-flying aircraft.

Implied meaning in Halo: To sidestep either right or left.

Well said...any clue when TXB is going back up???????????:)

Reclaimer
08-29-2002, 03:07 AM

.........A few nagging points that I did not like about Halo:

No bots.
Marines can not heal themselves.
Joypad controls.
It's repetitiveness.
It isn't perfect......

Sorry I needed to chop that quote down to make my point.

Halo doesn't need bots. If you get bots then you have the regular game. Bots to fight solo on a multiplayer map? Play the solo mission. Where you looking for different sceneary? Bots to fight along side you against your friends? You'll never get the A.I. the way you want to. There will be too many critics on the bot's AI that it could actually harm a game. People would be too picky about how a teamate bot's behavior that it would never be right. Everyone raves about the AI of the marines right? But is it perfect? No... See what I mean? Every play 007 AUF? I traded that game out for Dead to Rights because I couldn't stand it anymore. Yes it had bots but they where horrible. Their 3 modes of difficulty was really 3 different speeds of how fast they make a beeline towards you. That's all. It was pointless to play against them or even incorporate them into a multiplayer deathmatch.

So the marines can't get a medic even though some will call for one. They are pretty tough to say the least but they will croak. So, that should motivate you to protect them. I think it's quite OK. If they where anymore resilient, it would seem like they where invulnerable from all the crap they take. Kind of like misguided children. They'll help you out when you need, but you got to get them there. Especially when one has a sniper rifle. When he decides to shoot it's golden.

Controls are about as good as it can get with a joypad and a FPS. And that's a fact. FPS scream to be used with a mouse, but in the meantime, I think that the way Halo is set up and all the options it gives you for the controller set up is perfect. If the issue lies with the Xbox controller in general, the try a S-type. I got rid of my regular controllers and eventually got 4 S-types just for that. Even 3rd party controllers are different. Unless you are a mutant I'm willing to say that there is a controller there for you somewhere.

Repetitiveness? Can't really go there. Some levels drive me nuts. A certain part of Keyes and Truth and Reconciliation is where I hate the repetition of the corridors. Kind of kills the mood. What warship has this many hallways with nothing in between? What warship has this many featureless areas? All the space ships are guilty of that. Yes, I'll give you this.

Perfect? Can't say that it is, but you just wait for Halo2.:p

Tinny
08-30-2002, 02:23 PM
Bots: Agreed. - To add to argument, Bots are cannon fodder.
Marine Medics: Agreed.
Controls: Agreed.
Repetiveness: It's kind of good actually. Halo is a FPS and you expect a tad bit of repetiveness to it, kind of like Tetris. It does keep you wanting more.
Perfection: I don't believe in perfection anyways - I can't define it in context.

*Yawn* Now I have to think up others:

Little interactivity in the environments.
No system link co-op so each player has their own full screen.
Some MP maps requires many players to be "fun" to play.
Quite predictable and fairly simple A.I. and nothing inspiring.

Guess we aren't going to get an answer from the elf on the subject of him owning Halo: CE...

PS. Almost 6 weeks now, and I'm still playing it and not get bored. Thats a record for me (last one was 4 weeks and that was Star Craft).

Spartan IV
08-30-2002, 04:23 PM
thnx Spartan sniper :)

chickenmunky
08-30-2002, 08:21 PM
It isn't perfect.

That's what Halo 2 is for

TheCovenant
09-04-2002, 10:10 PM
C,mon! any game thats makes us struggle on finding things WRONG with it, is great! say a game any game and you can automatically say things that went wrong with it. But if you get halo you have to say things like "umm.....there should have been a virtual mode where you can jump into the screen and the covenant shoots you for real:) !" or "ummmm.....It would have been better if you could have long interesting conversations about virginia tea, with the A.I.!"

I mean, sure all things accounted for, halo does have some things that could have been better, but realistically, what game has been closer to perfection than halo?