PDA

View Full Version : Why XBConnect sucks.

Sodacider
08-19-2002, 02:49 AM
I get online and play a guy named Quial, 1 on 1, Hang Em High, pistols only.

I'm not used to high-lag games, so he gets the first four kills. Then it evens out, him taking kills, me taking kills. Then as I get more used to it, I gain in score dramatically. When I got ahead of him by three kills, he quits the game.

Then in the lobby he says 'you ****in noob i'm part of DA' (whatever the hell that is). All I say is 'yeah... you got a nice connection there bud' so I can get somethin back at him

he's like 'quit your whinin about the lag' lmao

Anyway, so let me figure this out- Most people on XBConnect, even when they lose, are insecure? I dunno how Gamespy is, but ****in if this is how online is without XBox Live then I'm just gonna ****in stick to having people at my house where NO ONE CARES who wins or loses (at least till XBL).

Anyway, that's my complaint for the night, that I went through the trouble of playing online.

And... OH **** its 1250 and I gotta wake up at 5L30... uhh night guys

SoccerCJM77
08-19-2002, 07:51 AM
So why does it suck so badly

Zion
08-19-2002, 08:01 AM
Sounds like XB Connect is working fine, it's your connection that sucks.

JJaX
08-19-2002, 08:04 AM
I agree.......

The sad thing is that Pi55 poor attiudes come along with online gaming like ninja scroll on the small bus. Theres quite a few jackasses out there with no skill and the only words coming from there mouth are "F'n NooB" and "You suck"

But out numbering these trolls are normal people. They always giving props when deserved and tend to make things more enjoyable.

But Halo isnt really a social game as of now. Theres no way to communicate during actual play. Making it a frustrating exp at times.

But the online world is just like to real world. You got a lot of *******s. But in the online world, these *******s grow bigger balls cause they tend to say things they would never say in your face quite often.

Just keep uping your skillz and keep handing out ass kickings ;)

JJaX
08-19-2002, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Zion
Sounds like XB Connect is working fine, it's your connection that sucks.

Do you people actually read the post, or do you just read the thread title and start typing?

He's talking about bad sportsmenship, not his ping. :rolleyes:

Jarvis
08-19-2002, 08:30 AM
My friend and I were playing the other day, we lost the first Team Slayer in Hang 'em High 50-47, a hard fought game we woulda won if we were hosting, but no problem.

next game is played in chill out, which is my level. i get like 35 kills and we win 49-35. why 49 you ask? cause they left at 49 of course so we wouldn't win. how fcking lame is that? i didn't leave when they were won the first game.

it's all the young bastard kids who have no respect

-jarvis

CrazyCougar
08-19-2002, 10:53 AM
I see the kids now a days have great sportsmanship. If ya lose you lose. You shake your opponents hand and take the loss as a learning experience. Only to come back stronger next time and go for the win. Who cares if you win or lose! You're not winning any money or anything! All I have to say to the guys that quit games when losing, grow up a little. And to the ones that hang in there throughout win or lose, kudos to you. Your parents are raising you to be an excellent person.

silvertrace
08-19-2002, 11:23 AM
we've all encounted those idiots who talk entirely too much smack over a game, but in the case of halo on xbconnect, the host has supreme advantage:(

they have 0 latency while everyone else has some type of bullet lag or choppiness, and they talk some serious crap

i've found that the more they talk $hit, the more intimidated they are, thats just me, i'm the masta of bullet lag so joining games doesnt effect my outcome, just whip a$$ and take names, cuz the champ dont have to say a got-damn thing;)

Duke
08-19-2002, 11:36 AM
Well, at least when XBL comes out we'll have stats. You can pick and choose who you play with/against.

Not sure if XBC has this, never tried it out.

As far as clans go, they're not completely bad. I ended up joining one on MPBT: Solaris and MPBT3025. It was more of a gaming group than a clan, but everyone who was in it had to at least be good enough for a member to notice you, and when we fought together it would always be against another group that had skills.

For the most part, I agree, clans suck. If you join the right one there are benefits. As of right now though, I don't have any plans other that to play for myself, by myself on XBL

Whisper
08-19-2002, 12:19 PM
i always say good game after a match.. if i lose 25-10 .. i say gg ... if i win 25-10 i say gg .

whats the problem with being nice to eachother?

peejay2288
08-19-2002, 12:23 PM
i put gg when i lose. when i win i put gg and talk junk. if a teammate does something like kill me and take my flag so he can score....i just turn off the xbox then go back and curse at them.

Zion
08-19-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Do you people actually read the post, or do you just read the thread title and start typing?

He's talking about bad sportsmenship, not his ping. :rolleyes:

Well that's not XBConnect's fault.

He plainly stated "XBConnect sucks" :rolleyes:

Sodacider
08-19-2002, 03:00 PM

So if I said 'Why these boards are so great' I'd automatically be talking about how well programmed these boards are?;)

Plewis
08-19-2002, 03:02 PM
yeah I hate those trolls, but when you find a game with people about your skill and little to no lag... its like heaven... I remember playing the same people for like 2 hours once and it was all fun. Maybe because I won most of the games:D

JJaX
08-19-2002, 03:04 PM

But if you read his damn post you would see he was talking about immature tools online. Not his "connection"

Whatever, Im done here..............

Sodacider
08-19-2002, 10:52 PM
NEVERMIND TO THE WHOLE POST

I played XBConnect extensively today with a friend, zero lag for all games, and it's just been great, the people have been great.

Whisper
08-19-2002, 11:39 PM
XBconnect is great, period.

Sodacider
08-20-2002, 12:27 AM
agreed. And Quial tried to join our 12 player :) and I got the great opportunity to kick him out.

specifically his name is -quial-