PDA

View Full Version : 6 things that are missing in NFL 2K3 from previous NFL 2K games

melon
08-19-2002, 03:40 AM
first of all, i'm not mad, i love the game!

but what the hell..

these things i am upset about:

1. can't lateral it back
2. can't raise the roof on defense
3. can't really do a dive block anymore
4. can't do a regular spin move

THE FIRST 2 THINGS MAKE NO SENSE WHY THEY TOOK THEM OUT

2 other things are

1. you have to press the buttons all the way down hard
2. the refs don't literally throw flags really

but aside from all that, they is so many good things:

1. REAL COACHES! first time ever in NFL 2K series
2. awesome sidelines
3. "event staff" people!
4. the ESPN thing i like now..

and many more things

i'm just saying..why would they change it like this?

consolegamer
08-19-2002, 10:17 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I really can't believe they left that out. I think it's there somewhere. I believe I did lateral the ball once during practice. I don't know how I did it though. I'm going back and reading the dreamcast and 2K2 manual. It might be the same button presses. I'll get back to you on this.

CrazyCougar
08-19-2002, 11:20 AM
I lateralled also! But i dont know how and the damn ball sat on the ground and the defense picked it up! Dang it!!! I now see why the option is only in college...LOL!

KingAvi2k3
08-19-2002, 01:39 PM
The true spin was in NFL2k1. Most people break tackle easily from the spin. I think we can still do dive tackle block. NFL2k3 is a much harder game than any of NFL2k series. More defense & offense. Got to have an A GAME TO WIN!

robnyack
08-19-2002, 04:57 PM
the sidelines activity is the best in any game. That is something that always bugs me about football games. They never spent much time with sideline activity. You would have about 4 or 5 guys a couple benches and the rest of the sidelines were bare.

Sidelines are a busy area of a football field. Tons of guys and lots of activity. NFL2k3 is the first game to actually spend some time trying to recreate that. Looks real good. Still could be better, but definately a good start.

"raise the roof on defense"? umm.....huh?

melon
08-19-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by robnyack

"raise the roof on defense"? umm.....huh?

Yes, on Dreamcast it was the X button, and it would get the crowd psyked (can't spell that word) up!

"C'mon, i can't hear you, let's get juiced"
"C'mon, make some noise, C'mon!"

if you did it to long you would get a penatly, excessive crowd noise.

and when u press X on offense, the QB tried to calm the crowd down.