PDA

View Full Version : Hey is this true

SoccerCJM77
08-19-2002, 07:45 AM
Hey everyone my brother says that you can play XBOX games online right now. I don't think it's true because XBOX live is coming soon:cool:

JJaX
08-19-2002, 08:11 AM
Games that offer the system Link option can be played online RIGHT NOW.

http://www.xbconnect.com

coolerf150
08-19-2002, 06:11 PM
Dude u can link halo of course....nfl fever2003 and 2k3

Zion
08-19-2002, 06:18 PM
Yeah man. Halo, MotoGP, Tony Hawk 2, and Nascar Heat are online right now. There might be more, but that's the only ones I play online.

cityson
08-19-2002, 06:35 PM
Yep yep!!! Play with me! I just go MotoGP like.....TODAY!!!! C'mon man, PM me as soon as you downloaded XBconnect!!!! :)

teddeboy
08-19-2002, 06:44 PM
I just got Xbconnect up and running yesterday, and man, the lag was awful. Even though myself and the other player easily had pings of under 100, we still had a lot of lag. I have a 384k DSL line (usually gets 300 up and down) and wasn't downloading anything on my line at the time. The other players (I tried joining 3 different games) claimed it wasn't them either.

I wonder if it's because the game uses a PC as a sort of intermediary...or is there an Xbconnect server that also has to do the processing of data which slows it down ?

I tried Gamespy tunnel, but didn't bother joining a game as every ping for other players was over 200.

cityson
08-19-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by teddeboy

100 ping is SLOW. You need at least 60 below inorder to get a silky smooth connection. :)

EHWfedPres
08-19-2002, 07:06 PM
Ping is like Golf...the lower, the better. I had 0 ping when hosting a game of Red Faction online...but I dont play that anymore...

Zion
08-19-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by teddeboy
I just got Xbconnect up and running yesterday, and man, the lag was awful. Even though myself and the other player easily had pings of under 100, we still had a lot of lag. I have a 384k DSL line (usually gets 300 up and down) and wasn't downloading anything on my line at the time. The other players (I tried joining 3 different games) claimed it wasn't them either.

I wonder if it's because the game uses a PC as a sort of intermediary...or is there an Xbconnect server that also has to do the processing of data which slows it down ?

I tried Gamespy tunnel, but didn't bother joining a game as every ping for other players was over 200.

Yeah man, ping of 100 is rather slow. I can play even Moto GP with zero lag, and that's saying something. Moto GP is INTENSE!

Kraft
08-19-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Ping is like Golf...the lower, the better. I had 0 ping when hosting a game of Red Faction online...but I dont play that anymore...

Just a note, you will ALWAYS have a 0 ping when you host a game. Your ping is how many miliseconds it takes for the host's server to respond to your computers ping request. If you are the host, the computer pings itself... and if it is taking any longer than a milisecond (or a ping of about 1) for your computer to talk to itself, then you have some issues.

Snapple
08-19-2002, 08:50 PM
you can:)