PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Xbox is freezing!

-WorldSpawn-
08-19-2002, 09:28 AM
My Xbox constantly freezes when loading levels. I've had the Xbox since launch and the problems didn't start until I bought Morrowind. Now all of my other games freeze when loading as well!
An Xbox Tech support rep suggested that I wipe all the save games off of my Hard drive, but that didn't seem to solve the problem.
Anybody have some suggestions?

As a last resort I will send the machine in for repairs at Microsoft, but I want to have it around for the Xbox Live beta test :)

wweomaniac
08-19-2002, 09:56 AM
oh man that sucks. I live in Ottawa too and my XBox broke also!!!

cept, my xbox made weird sounds and scratched my discs. So I just went back to Future Shop and they offered my an extended warranty even after like 7 months!! Nice Guys.

What part of Ottawa do you live in?

I wouldn't suggest returning it to Microsoft because they'll charge you $148+shipping. That's a rip off.

So either try to get an extended warranty for $60, or if you already haven't registered your system, buy another system and return your broken one in the box.

BTW... I have Morrowind also, and I hated the game. I only played it for about 3 hours.

Magnum Blast
08-19-2002, 10:47 AM
Well it seems I'm the only Xboxer in Ottawa who hasn't had problems with their Xbox. I got mine right at the end of December (I needed the Xmas cash) and I have only had 2 dirty disc errors and no other probs (1 with Morrowind 1 with Halo).

Duke
08-19-2002, 11:18 AM
I agree with Motoko. Apparently MS didn't look too hard at MW before they approved it.

I actually like the game, and have had lots of trouble with DDE and freezing in general, but it hasn't affected any other game.

Don't know what to tell ya. I've seen a few others with the same problem (freezing on othe games) but not a solution. If you find one, post it. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who'd like to hear about it.

Whisper
08-19-2002, 12:24 PM
so morrowind was probably the core of my problem too? come to think of it, my serious problems started off morrowind.... **** THEM! even if i delete my morrowind files (which i did) im still having problems.. OHHH THE PAIN

SoccerCJM77
08-19-2002, 12:28 PM
Oh man that sucks:mad:

KviK
08-19-2002, 12:28 PM
<--- glad he didn't purchase that stupid boring game.

MerimacHamwich
08-19-2002, 01:55 PM
I have had Morrowind for months and it has been played lots! It is a great game. I have had no problems with my XBOX whatsoever. However this is my second XBOX. The first one we (launch xbox) had a faulty laser and gave us Dirty Disc Errors constantly. We only had Halo at the time and tried trading Halo for another Halo disc. Turned out not to be the software so we brought the XBOX back and got a new one. No problems since!:)

P.S.
We got ours from FutureShop.

Casper
08-19-2002, 02:21 PM
Try 2 things before bringing it back...clean the laser with alcohol...and remove the game files that are on your drive, especially Morrowind, cuz it may have gotten corrupted somehow (same goes for the OXM disks)...Good luck man

Slacker
08-19-2002, 02:45 PM
I noticed the Morrowind Link Months ago, so even though I want the game I decided not to buy it, same with OXM never subscribed, , I would risk it but I would be mad if I did and it corrupted my Drive and I couldn't play my games , because so many great games are coming out soon , like Splinter Cell, Brute Force,UC, Panzer Dragoon Orta ect,,, Oh I do have an Extened Warranty but my Crack.....I mean Xbox needs me and I need it ...its MY PRECIOUS!!!:p

ftyards
08-20-2002, 02:35 PM
try spraying compressed air in it and if you have some soundtracks on the hard driver erase them it worked for mine

FpS_PhReeK
08-21-2002, 09:40 AM
Take your xbox to your local car wash, spray it down with a high pressure hose, dry it off, and you have a fancy paper weight.

My Xbox was freezing like mad on Outlaw Golf, then the problem spread to other games, I truely believe that there is an unaddressed problem with some of the early release systems hard-drives and/or dvd-roms. I ended up selling my system back to EB for store credit because it was going to cost me $90 to repair mine. Why would I want a repaired console when I could just trade mine for $125 and pay $74 + tax for a brand new one. AND THIS TIME GET THE EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACT.

Anyhoo, I am waiting for some good games to be released,,, waiting, waiting, waiting,,,, I should just get a PS2 and SOCOM, GTA3, and GT3, then I atleast could be gaming, gaming, gaming...

Lates,

PhReeK out!