PDA

View Full Version : Xbox: Price drop in Japan

faceoff508
08-19-2002, 10:31 AM
Rumor has it the Xbox will fall to the same price as a Gamecube in Japan. Caution! Rumor Caution!
The rumour mill is up and running with regard to a price drop for the Xbox in Japan to 24,000 yen (£134). This would match the Gamecube in Japan, which could clearly be significant, if true. Xbox games are also rumoured to be for the snip, with titles dropping to 5,000 yen (£29).

http://www.xboxgaming.com/index.php?page=news&full=yes&id=63

Duke
08-19-2002, 10:38 AM
Anyway for those who don't want to check, that $44.30 in USD.

I'm surprised they're doing it again so quickly, but Microsoft's plan has always been just getting an istalled user base. Hopefully this will help 'em out. If the xbox can capture a big enough Japanese market share, they should pretty much be golden.

edit- that's for the games, didn't do the conversion for the box.

Slacker
08-20-2002, 01:09 AM
Seroulsy who cares about Japan , Bushnell invented the first Video game , bushnell is an Irish name , Not japanese Americans invented it even Atari was AMERICAN with a japnaes name its from some japanese game , we don't need japan , theres more people in California than Japan , anyway I wouldn't worry about it and as far as Japanes Devolopment teams ,,,,,,We have hundreds more and better ones , I mean come on how many decades are people really going to play Zelda nd mario games or Animal Crossing ....what a lame game

KingAvi2k3
08-20-2002, 06:50 AM
That's a steal for sure!

Jarvis
08-20-2002, 08:10 AM
I'm liking the Xbox just fine as it is right now, without the jap help, so it can only get better from here.

-jarvis

Nat
08-20-2002, 10:56 AM
I wonder if Xbox will drop in price again in North America. I heard Sony had some plans for late 2002 or early 2003 to get the upper hand of the other systems for Christmas, so maybe Microsoft would follow in plan.

Tkf5000
08-20-2002, 11:40 AM
the japansese think there so cool. they get everything. phanntasy star online free with xbl and all these price drops and crap. and they run around saying crap like ying yong chong and u cant understand em.

Whisper
08-20-2002, 01:12 PM
nothing microsoft can do could possibly make them outsell the PS2... its sad but true

Tkf5000
08-21-2002, 11:14 AM
trust me. theres stuff microsoft can do to make it outsell ps2.

furiousgeorge86
08-21-2002, 03:16 PM
Tkf5000

Shut your ****ing face you racist piece of ****. Don't even say **** like that you ignorant *****.

Christ, why would you even post something like that? Are you actually that stupid?

The Japanese aren't interested in the XBOX because of how big the PS2 is there. I was just there a few days ago and I could tell that the PS2 is pretty much their only system.

They're not demanding getting free stuff, it's developers trying to kiss their asses because they want the money from them.

So don't post any more of that retarded bull**** again.

EHWfedPres
08-21-2002, 08:51 PM
Oh great news...what a huge impact it will have on us Americans who have already purchased the system...:rolleyes:

Dar
08-21-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Oh great news...what a huge impact it will have on us Americans who have already purchased the system...:rolleyes:

Maybe you'll get a free anger management class when you sign up for Xbox live.

EHWfedPres
08-21-2002, 08:56 PM
Im not angry at all. You seem to be the one agitated by my statement...which seem to be true, so I have no problem. :)

Dar
08-21-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Im not angry at all. You seem to be the one agitated by my statement...which seem to be true, so I have no problem. :)

Yes I am agitated. All you do is make sarcastic posts and crap on other people. If you can't contribute to the thread, stay out. If you're not interested in the topic, stay out.

EHWfedPres
08-21-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Dar

Yes I am agitated. All you do is make sarcastic posts and crap on other people. If you can't contribute to the thread, stay out. If you're not interested in the topic, stay out.

Yes sir, Mr. Administrator.

The purpose of a forum is for people to share their opinion on a particular subject, and discuss a particular topic, etc. If my opinion makes you angry, then that seems to be your problem because I am doing what everyone else is doing...stating my opinion. If you dont like that, it's your problem. I'll express my opinion as freely as the next Joe Shmo...