PDA

View Full Version : Hey like the Sims

SoccerCJM77
08-19-2002, 11:10 AM
:) Hey this game is great on the computer why don't they put it on XBOX. I like the oringinal sims but why don't they add more features. Like cars can come to your house and see a close friend, or like the Ice Cream man can come around. A pool cleaning guy could come. make a water slide for your pool. Have more different kinds of books. More jobs more promotions. More shirts and hair designs. Or it would be cool if you can order someting the fun and they will send it to you. That would be real cool if you could get a pet. Dog, Hedgehog, hamster, rat, cat, bird, monkey, parrot, and more

Hugh_Jass
08-19-2002, 10:10 PM
User mods made this game king on the PC. If The Sims does come to XBOX I want to see it support mods via XBOX Live.

Scarlet Spider
10-18-2002, 10:52 PM
hhhhmmm...how would that work.... the sims on xbox....
sounds cool...

SoccerCJM77
10-21-2002, 03:08 PM
Yea it would be cool they should make the next Sims with more and better stuff.
I just purchased the Sims: Unleashed but my computer is way to slow. I hope it comes to xbox

OUberLord
10-23-2002, 09:29 PM
The Sims is coming to Xbox if my memory serves me right. however, Xbox Live will never support user created mods, since it is a closed network.

Hugh_Jass
10-24-2002, 12:13 AM
Yes, XBL is a closed network. However, they could offer the best pre-selected user-created mods for download.

OUberLord
10-24-2002, 12:38 PM
yeah, which brings up a thought, what if people designed mods and submitted them to the developer for distribution?

SoccerCJM77
10-28-2002, 03:44 PM
What are these mod chips everone is talking about.
Are they a thing to hook up to your xbox and play computer games. If thats not right are they going to do something like that. Sometime soon I hope:cool:

OUberLord
10-28-2002, 03:54 PM
Mod chips are small chips that are soldered the the motherboard of the Xbox to bypass many security checks, enabling users to play backups of games, software code, and various other applications.

Many people buy them so they can just download and play games off the web for free, which is piracy and totally ***.

On the other hand, there people like me who want to buy them to run homebrew code. One group already has made a media player for the xbox, another has got a working web browser and email program, and a third group has even got Linux to boot up and run on Xbox hardware (pointless due to lack of a keyboard but its a hell of an accomplishment nonetheless, and they even did it without the SDK)

Hugh_Jass
10-29-2002, 05:01 AM
Another reason to get a mod chip is to make the DVD player region-free (or better yet, all-region), and hopefully unlock progressive scan for DVD.

That's the only reason I would even consider modding my XBOX.