PDA

View Full Version : Finished first 2K3 season

CrazyCougar
08-19-2002, 11:31 AM
Well season one is now officially over! My beloved Titans did not make the playoffs at 9-7. They were tied for first with the Jags and Colts also at 9-7. But the Colts take the playoff spot. :confused:

Anyway I got no player awards at all!! Make sure you watch the final week wrap up where they cover all the awards. Randy Moss got Offensive player of the year with 1798 yards receiving, while Michael Strahan got defensive player of the year with 15 sacks.

Here's a breakdown of the playoffs.......
Wilcard Games :
Bills def Bengals 37-16
Pats Def Colts 34-10 (i could have done better..dang colts!)
49ers def Giants 21-7
Bucs def Saints 17-13
Divisional Games :
Pats def Fins 23-16
Bills def Broncos 36-20
Rams def 49ers 34-17
Bears def Bucs 33-30
Conference Championships
Bears def Rams 23-15 (Thank goodness!)
Pats def Bills 30-10 (Pats repeat in 2002? Geeeeez)
Super Bowl !!!!!!!!!
Patriots defeat the Bears 18-16!!!

Well that was the season wrap up. I then proceeded into the offseason. Had one guy retire and sign a few of my other key players. Scouted through the players at the NFL Combine and then went to the draft. At the draft (which was kewl!) i had the 18th pick overall and snatched up a pretty good free safety.

Proceeded to get a WR, G, C, SS, CB, QB from there. But I couldnt sign them all cause I didnt have enough money!!! Darnit!

Anyway, I am 3-0 in the preseason for 2003, so we'll see how things worked out. My ratings went up a bit on a lot of my guys! Eddie is a perfect 100 rating!

robnyack
08-19-2002, 09:24 PM
finished 6-10 with the Cowboys. Jets lost to the Bucs in Superbowl. Jets started season 9-0, finished reg season 10-6!

I had a real tough season. Last 4 games, I had to adjust my sliders. Knocked running and blocking and catching down to about half of what they should be on pro. Helped quite a bit. The game was just getting way too frustrating for me with default sliders.

Carter ended up with 10TDs and 29 ints!!!! :eek: embarrassing.

Emmit got 1100 yards (about 500 of them coming the last 4 games)

Galloway got 900yds receiving.

Best sack guy had 3!!!!! That is a problem

Roy Williams led the team with 5 ints.

I am just about ready to start focusing on the offseason. LOVED how the draft prospects popped up around week 13 or so. Very cool. And the mock draft was excellent. So many cool things in this game. Now, if I could just win, baby!

Jay_Fro
08-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
finished 6-10 with the Cowboys. Jets lost to the Bucs in Superbowl. Jets started season 9-0, finished reg season 10-6!

I had a real tough season. Last 4 games, I had to adjust my sliders. Knocked running and blocking and catching down to about half of what they should be on pro. Helped quite a bit. The game was just getting way too frustrating for me with default sliders.

Carter ended up with 10TDs and 29 ints!!!! :eek: embarrassing.

Emmit got 1100 yards (about 500 of them coming the last 4 games)

Galloway got 900yds receiving.

Best sack guy had 3!!!!! That is a problem

Roy Williams led the team with 5 ints.

I am just about ready to start focusing on the offseason. LOVED how the draft prospects popped up around week 13 or so. Very cool. And the mock draft was excellent. So many cool things in this game. Now, if I could just win, baby!

I cheated a bit by using the Bucs and adding two fantasy stud players. One of those players being myself and the other being my brother :cool: I ended up dishing out some early trades to free up the cap room I needed. 7.5 million per year of a 3 year deal to sign my brother at QB, and 6 million per year for 6 years to sign myself at running back. Now that my team was completely loaded I decided to start a season!

First game I played was a preseason game which I lost by a touchdown on the pro setting. After the first preseason game I skipped the rest and got to the regular season games. I adjusted the AI sliders from a starting point of Pro down to almost rookie for running and some defensive aspects. I ended up losing the first game 21-20 to the Saints!

After that first loss to the Saints I started to get a better feel for the game and decided to bump the AI sliders back to Pro for each category. That was week 10 and soon after I ran up against the 8-2 Packers. I ended up winning that one 35-17.

After that victory I was 10-1 and had a rematch with those pesky Saints. I'm ahead 28-24 in the 4th quarter with 34 seconds on the clock and I'm playing prevent all the way. 3 seconds left and Aaron Brooks throws a hail mary that tips off of Ronde Barbers hands right to the receiver Joe Horn! I lose 31-28 with no time left on the clock! I almost threw the damn controller from the living room to the kitchen.

The week is over and I'm 10-2 while the Saints are 9-3 and hot on my heels for the division title. I ended up running the table after that loss and finished the regular season at 14-2 with the division title and best record in the league. Other notables were the 49ers 13-3, Packers 12-4, Saints 12-4, and Patriots 12-4.

My first divisional playoff game was against the Cowboys which I won 45-24. Now you are probably all wondering how the Cowboys made the playoffs? I had to dish off cap room before the season started and they picked up Rob Johnson from me as part of a trade. The *boys* also did me a HUGE favor in the first round of the playoffs by knocking off the Saints 10-6!

In the conference title game I ended up beating the 49ers 21-10 and was on my way to the Super Bowl against the Patriots who scorched the Chiefs 52-20 in the AFC championship game.

I wrapped up the season with a Super Bowl victory over the Patriots 30-17!

I had two Pro Bowl players in Keyshawn Johnson 125 receptions and 1822 yards, and Keenan McCardel 73 catches for 1752 yards.

My stud QB Johnny Fro had over 4300 yards passing, 54 TD's and 17 Int's for the season.

I shined at RB with 2011 yards on the ground and 23 TD's.

Most INT's on defense was 8 by Ronde Barber.

I played 5 minute quarters for every game so it will be tough to duplicate the stats I had for this season, but I'll give it a shot.

P.S, MVP went to Keyshawn Johnson and my QB and RB also picked up season ending awards. Final team record 17-2 (both losses to the Saints by a total of 4 points).

Time to start drafting for the next year! I was able to trade up for the 7th pick in the first round of the draft.