PDA

View Full Version : New appreciation for Timesplitters2

Mercury
08-19-2002, 12:06 PM
At first when I played the demo I absolutely hated this game! But as I played more and more of it I've come to love it! I still don't like how your gun moves to the left and right before your view moves, but the rest of the game is fantastic!!!

Does anyone know about the map maker in the game? What can you do with it? Can you create a whole level with buildings or whatever and play multiplayer in it or single player? That would be amazing!

l Maximus l
08-19-2002, 04:53 PM
The demo for the game is okay...but, it's not something that gets me all warm and fuzzy about.

I also hate how the gun moves...and how the crosshairs move, too. The worst is when you're trying to aim your Sniper Rifle and your screen auto-centers itself. I hate that!

Why oh why can't they learn from Bungie's masterpeice: Halo?

Toonz
08-19-2002, 05:20 PM
I am with you MAX. Why do they insist on creating these awfull controls for first and third person shooter aspects of games. HALO and Max Payne are clear examples of how controls can be done right. I would have bought Encalve if it weren't for the god awfull controls. Time Splitters has the same problem. So much potential but incredibly crappy controls. I wanna put my game in and feel right at home right at the start. I don't wanna have to adjust to the game. Theres nothing more frustrating than the inablilty to make your man move how and where you want him to while playing a game. I get bored after 15 minutes of a game if the controls stink.

Tkf5000
08-19-2002, 08:01 PM
if u dont want it too look forward go to options and turn off auto look ahead. and the gu only goes left and right for better aiming. toggle on and off by clicking right thumbstick. woa i idnt know there was a level editor! thats awesome. where did u hear that? if so then this doubles my hype. and i like this game. its actually pretty good. ripped off from goldeneye but goldeneye was a great game.

Mercury
08-19-2002, 10:14 PM
Oh, so the look ahead option is what turns that off! That's awesome. Thanks!!!!

The official timesplitters2 website itself lists the map maker. It states,"Massively enhanced Mapmaker enabling you to create ‘Story levels’ as well deathmatch scenarios".

Check it out.

http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/gss/timesplitters2/#

I can't wait for this game!!!!

Tkf5000
08-20-2002, 10:53 AM
whoa! thats awesome man. now i must ave this game. you an have like team fortress levels. and u can make a level and maybe add secret passages. hopefully the editr is big unlike turok games. i want big areas like blood gulch and sidewinder in halo. i saw one multiplayer level and it looked fairly big from the screen.

thrasher2
08-21-2002, 01:36 AM
Yah, Ive played the demo. It's really fun but hard.After you beat it twice, it's boring.:o

Caliadar
08-21-2002, 04:26 AM
It apparantly has Co-Op play, if this is true, i'm buying it, if not, then screw it.

Tkf5000
08-21-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Caliadar
It apparantly has Co-Op play, if this is true, i'm buying it, if not, then screw it. yea there is. why u want co-op though? theres a normal multiplayer liek halo too. and u can make ur own levels!

Caliadar
08-21-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000

yea there is. why u want co-op though? theres a normal multiplayer liek halo too. and u can make ur own levels!

Because Deathmatch doesnt interest me in the slightest. I have been a PC gamer for 17 years and played every major FPS release online, deathmatch has gotten very very tiresome (as has CTF to a lesser extent). But Co-Op play is always fun, it can make a mediocre game entertaining. Working together with a friend to overcome extreme odds (which good co-op games have, extra difficulty in co-op) is very very fun.

Mercury
08-21-2002, 05:07 PM
Timesplitters2:

Co-op mode
80 characters to choose from for multiplayer
Uses SystemLink
9 different time eras with a different set of weapons for each era
map maker to make "story levels and multiplayer scenarios"
Each era you play 2 different characters.

This game is going to rock!!!!!!

Markus_Kalarkus
08-25-2002, 12:39 AM
Yup i agree the controls really screw the game up:mad:

Chaotic
08-25-2002, 05:37 AM
I dont understand why everyone is saying the controls are bad :confused: you can change it guys, it runs just lilke golden eye on n64 i dont see what the problem is??? :confused:

I just played the demo again and i felt like i was playing golden eye.

Shadowsim
08-25-2002, 09:08 AM
My only complaint with Time Splitters 2. Is the fact that they took out the jump feature.:confused:

Why on earth would they do that? Especially when there are extra buttons on the controller that are not even being used.:eek:

Tkf5000
08-25-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Shadowsim
My only complaint with Time Splitters 2. Is the fact that they took out the jump feature.:confused:

Why on earth would they do that? Especially when there are extra buttons on the controller that are not even being used.:eek: im pretty sure x and be will be used. why have Y button reload when u can have X reload?? there might be more to it, the game in the demo said it wasnt the finished product and can change, etc.

lllSmokelll
08-25-2002, 12:49 PM
Why cant you jump!!!?? :mad:

No Fear 23
08-25-2002, 01:25 PM
i'm def. gonna get this game when is comes out

mrmp3
08-25-2002, 02:23 PM
I played the original Timesplitters. It had co-op, map maker, and lots of skins and bots. Seriously, there was so much stuff to unlock it wasn't funny. They had tons of boards and characters. There wasn't too much in variety of weapons and secondary fire was worthless with most guns. But u have no idea how fun playing with 4 friends against 16 bots is in the Chinese board :) . I also played the demo and this looks tons more entertaining than the first (especially with the extremely jacked up single player and addition of system link). Signing off...

Toonz
08-25-2002, 03:31 PM
dont understand why everyone is saying the controls are bad you can change it guys, it runs just lilke golden eye on n64 i dont see what the problem is???

Have you played HALO ? The controls are 10 million times better. Once a standard is set all games get compared to that standard. I expect as good or better. I had 4 friends here and we all just shook are heads at how crappy the controls are. Even after tweaking they are just pathetic. Microsoft must agree as well because alot of Xbox's long term success will determined by games like Unreal Championship and they even told the UC makers they wanted the game to handle as close to HALO as possible control sheme wise