PDA

View Full Version : I'm here

xboxbabe
08-20-2002, 07:42 AM
I'm still here once and a while keeping my :eek: on you guys, I'm sorry I haven't been on for a long time, but I've been ill. I am proud to announce that i am now the owner of an xbox!!!! I was so happy when I got it, I went out and rented halo, of which I'm sorry to say was (garbage.) Seriously, the only good thing about it was the graphics. I was able to finish it in 5 day flat with no help and that was on normal, but even if I was to try it on a harder level, I wouldn't waste my time. I also tried oddworld munch's oddyssee which I found pretty cool, at least it had everything a gamer could want in a game of that type. O.k, I'm off for now enough chatting for one day, will try to come back tommorrow and maybe do a little chatting in the chat room.
Peace,

Nikki

consolegamer
08-20-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by xboxbabe
I'm still here once and a while keeping my :eek: on you guys, I'm sorry I haven't been on for a long time, but I've been ill. I am proud to announce that i am now the owner of an xbox!!!! I was so happy when I got it, I went out and rented halo, of which I'm sorry to say was (garbage.) Seriously, the only good thing about it was the graphics. I was able to finish it in 5 day flat with no help and that was on normal, but even if I was to try it on a harder level, I wouldn't waste my time. I also tried oddworld munch's oddyssee which I found pretty cool, at least it had everything a gamer could want in a game of that type. O.k, I'm off for now enough chatting for one day, will try to come back tommorrow and maybe do a little chatting in the chat room.
Peace,

Nikki

Yes, you can beat the game in no time but maybe that's why they put the MULTIPLAYER mode in there. Don'tcha think???:rolleyes:

xboxbabe
08-20-2002, 07:53 AM
a good game should be good in any mode, just like sex! Am I right?lol

SoccerCJM77
08-20-2002, 08:05 AM
What are you talking about the game is garbage. Why is the game garbage because your not good at it and you don't no
how to do all the things in the game. I bet you don't even no what a Bansee is and how to get into it. You probaly don't no about the Warthog and Ghost. You said you just rented it how are you going to enjoy a game in a short period of time. I think you should put more thought into the game:mad: That's why Halo is the game of the year

Jarvis
08-20-2002, 08:08 AM
Peace,

Nikki

Game of the Year means nothing I guess. Everyone musta been wrong!

Seriously, sell your Xbox if you think Halo sucks, cause it's the best we have.

-jarvis

Comic Book Guy
08-20-2002, 08:48 AM
a good game should be good in any mode, just like sex! Am I right?lol

I must agree!

Casper
08-20-2002, 10:34 AM
XBoxbabe, good to see you back. It's funny, cuz that thread that had your pic on it (ya know, the one where Ninja practically proposed to you) got bumped up, we all had a good laugh at our XBA Pimp Daddy, especially when he bombed.

So congrats on your purchase...and if you need help on picking a game, let me know, I got about 25 or so...and most different genres, so I'll try and help, if ya need it.

Btw, how's everything going with the fam and kids? I remember seeing that in there, and was impressed. Well, hope all is well...later :)

Xtopia
08-20-2002, 10:59 AM
Xboxbabe, go play Halo on the net...if you still don't like it...then go buy Morrowind. If you don't like that...wait for UC...if you don't like that sell your box.

Ninja Scroll
08-20-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by casper
XBoxbabe, good to see you back. It's funny, cuz that thread that had your pic on it (ya know, the one where Ninja practically proposed to you) got bumped up, we all had a good laugh at our XBA Pimp Daddy, especially when he bombed.

So congrats on your purchase...and if you need help on picking a game, let me know, I got about 25 or so...and most different genres, so I'll try and help, if ya need it.

Btw, how's everything going with the fam and kids? I remember seeing that in there, and was impressed. Well, hope all is well...later :)

I I practically proposed? I thought I did!?:confused: ... :D
Yo, if Xboxbabe says Halo sucks then I think it sucks too! ..(but dont nobody tell her I think it's a classic! ) cause she is a beautiful blonde genius!
I missed you xboxbabe, how is my child doing? You get my child support checks yet?
I know im kinda backed up, but these videogames are talkin a toll in me, and you know vids come before da kid!:o

Unless your gonna invite me to Canada to come make some more ninja jr.'s with ya.:p :p :p .... what's up wit da sauce mamacita!
Ninja is feenin foe ya blonde bonita!:p

Casper
08-20-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

I I practically proposed? I thought I did!?:confused: ... :D
Yo, if Xboxbabe says Halo sucks then I think it sucks too! ..(but dont nobody tell her I think it's a classic! ) cause she is a beautiful blonde genius!
I missed you xboxbabe, how is my child doing? You get my child support checks yet?
I know im kinda backed up, but these videogames are talkin a toll in me, and you know vids come before da kid!:o

Unless your gonna invite me to Canada to come make some more ninja jr.'s with ya.:p :p :p .... what's up wit da sauce mamacita!
Ninja is feenin foe ya blonde bonita!:p

:D :D :D

Dude, you just kill me...lmao!!!

MerimacHamwich
08-20-2002, 01:55 PM
Actually I agree with her. Halo is alright but nothing spectacular. Playing with friends in multiplayer on lan is fun though. I did enjoy the co op mode until we beat it on all dificulties (a total of around 10 times). After that it got boring in single player. So yeah Halo will most likely be traded off when UC or Brute Force get here.

Jarvis
08-20-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Actually I agree with her. Halo is alright but nothing spectacular. Playing with friends in multiplayer on lan is fun though. I did enjoy the co op mode until we beat it on all dificulties (a total of around 10 times). After that it got boring in single player. So yeah Halo will most likely be traded off when UC or Brute Force get here.

Let us say for a moment it takes an average of 12 hours of gameplay to beat the game.

12 x 10 (the amount of times you've beaten the game)
=120 hours

+ # of hours played in multiplayer = total time playing halo.

say you've played 20 hours on multiplayer (i have no idea, it's a conservative guess)

you have a total of 140 hours playing halo.

PLEASE explain to me how in the christ you get 140 hours+ of enjoyment out of a game and then say it's "Alright but nothing spectacular"!? Then you go on to say you've beaten the single player game 10 times already and now you're bored. REALLY, I woulda thought you'd need 40 times for that.

Some people....just don't think sometimes.

-jarvis

Xtopia
08-20-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Jarvis

Let us say for a moment it takes an average of 12 hours of gameplay to beat the game.

12 x 10 (the amount of times you've beaten the game)
=120 hours

+ # of hours played in multiplayer = total time playing halo.

say you've played 20 hours on multiplayer (i have no idea, it's a conservative guess)

you have a total of 140 hours playing halo.

PLEASE explain to me how in the christ you get 140 hours+ of enjoyment out of a game and then say it's "Alright but nothing spectacular"!? Then you go on to say you've beaten the single player game 10 times already and now you're bored. REALLY, I woulda thought you'd need 40 times for that.

Some people....just don't think sometimes.

-jarvis

Well spoken! I could not have put it any better myself!

And Like Jarvis said, 20 hours on the Lan is a conservative guess. I have played probably 200+ hours on XBC and Gamespy!

Jarvis
08-20-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

Well spoken! I could not have put it any better myself!

And Like Jarvis said, 20 hours on the Lan is a conservative guess. I have played probably 200+ hours on XBC and Gamespy!

Exactly, he probably has too. so it goes from 140 hours played to at least 200 hours, maybe more than that. If he plays 200 hours of a game and then calls it "alright", i'm wondering how long he plays "spectacular" games for, 1000 hours?

i know for sure i've put 200 hours in the game. i also put at least 160 hours into morrowind for pc.

I would challenge anyone who says Halo is an average game to simply play it once and then let it be. There is no god damned way it would be put down under 50 hours at least. I happen to think replay value is a key to good gaming.

-jarvis

Xtopia
08-20-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Jarvis

Exactly, he probably has too. so it goes from 140 hours played to at least 200 hours, maybe more than that. If he plays 200 hours of a game and then calls it "alright", i'm wondering how long he plays "spectacular" games for, 1000 hours?

i know for sure i've put 200 hours in the game. i also put at least 160 hours into morrowind for pc.

I would challenge anyone who says Halo is an average game to simply play it once and then let it be. There is no god damned way it would be put down under 50 hours at least. I happen to think replay value is a key to good gaming.

-jarvis

Exactly. I would like to add that...no matter how great the game is...there is a point where it becomes less fun to play. I have not reached that point in halo yet..I don't play as much because of morrowind. LoL. But back to the point...just because you finally get bored of a game does not make it just "decent."

Slacker
08-20-2002, 02:32 PM
Who cares if she Didn't like Halo ,Not everyone is going to like it , she said she liked Munches oddessey better, she likes Platform games so what, or she likes FPS but not halo , its her right to do so . but IMO Halo rocks and I love it , but Im not gonna rip on someone who doesn't like it ,

Jarvis
08-20-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
Who cares if she Didn't like Halo ,Not everyone is going to like it , she said she liked Munches oddessey better, she likes Platform games so what, or she likes FPS but not halo , its her right to do so . but IMO Halo rocks and I love it , but Im not gonna rip on someone who doesn't like it ,

read up, i'm not even talking about her.

-jarvis

Xtopia
08-20-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Slacker

read before you type....were talking about a different person. Also, I don't care if someone just says " I did not like it" But when they say, "Yeah, I played the campaign 10x and played LAN/online Halo for 200 hours...it was just a decent game." I get ****ed.

Whoopage
08-20-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

read before you type....were talking about a different person. Also, I don't care if someone just says " I did not like it" But when they say, "Yeah, I played the campaign 10x and played LAN/online Halo for 200 hours...it was just a decent game." I get ****ed.

Words of wisdom...lol

no i agree with you and jarvis.....and your right Xtopia....

no matter how much you like a game to start with....if you play it enough you will eventually tire of it......

MerimacHamwich
08-20-2002, 03:00 PM
I admit that at first I did find the game to be quite "amazing" as one would put it. That however may have been due to the fact that it was my first xbox gaming experience as it was for many. It was a great game but over time (like you said) I gradually lost interest in it. Actually I started to get bored of the 1player game after like the third or fourth time around.

The main reason I beat it so many times was becuase we had heard that if you beat it on all difficulty levels you get some special stuff. We wanted to find out what that stuff was so we started to beat it on every difficulty level. We had Normal and Easy done but then we had to bring back our first xbox becuase it had a faulty laser and we got a new one. All our save files were gone so we started to beat it over again. So maybe 10 times is a little exaggerated. Six times is most likely the actual figure we are talking about here. Actually 10-20 hours is all I have played on lan. It was also the only game we had until Amped came out. We only bought Halo becuase it was out before Amped.

Alright for me means the game is good. It isn't spectacular, like I said. Basically I found the game entertaining and now I have pretty much had my fill of it. The multiplayer is fun like I said but when games like Brute Force and UC come out I will play those most of the time and Halo will just sit there doing nothing. Therefor it will be traded off for something that may find more use in my household.

Jarvis
08-20-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I admit that at first I did find the game to be quite "amazing" as one would put it. That however may have been due to the fact that it was my first xbox gaming experience as it was for many. It was a great game but over time (like you said) I gradually lost interest in it. Actually I started to get bored of the 1player game after like the third or fourth time around.

The main reason I beat it so many times was becuase we had heard that if you beat it on all difficulty levels you get some special stuff. We wanted to find out what that stuff was so we started to beat it on every difficulty level. We had Normal and Easy done but then we had to bring back our first xbox becuase it had a faulty laser and we got a new one. All our save files were gone so we started to beat it over again. So maybe 10 times is a little exaggerated. Six times is most likely the actual figure we are talking about here. Actually 10-20 hours is all I have played on lan. It was also the only game we had until Amped came out. We only bought Halo becuase it was out before Amped.

Alright for me means the game is good. It isn't spectacular, like I said. Basically I found the game entertaining and now I have pretty much had my fill of it. The multiplayer is fun like I said but when games like Brute Force and UC come out I will play those most of the time and Halo will just sit there doing nothing. Therefor it will be traded off for something that may find more use in my household.

Ok so now you're down to 12x6+15=85 hours.

You sound like a pretty smart guy and this time you've stated your opinion a little more clearly, thanks. I still don't agree with you, but that's ok. See ya online with Unreal.

-jarvis

MerimacHamwich
08-20-2002, 03:33 PM
Yeah, hopefully unreal will live up to the hype! I hope it has crazy fun multiplayer.

y2kash_14
08-21-2002, 03:19 AM
hey welcome back Babe..............:)

CRAIG123
08-21-2002, 05:39 AM
Yo

xboxbabe
08-23-2002, 12:39 PM
Hi, everyone I'm glad to be back, special "hi" to my Ninja man :p missed you! As for soccerCJM77, I have better things to do on this site then argue with stupid people like you.

Chr0nik
08-23-2002, 12:44 PM
Are you really a babe?:cool: Welcome back.:)

CRAIG123
08-23-2002, 12:56 PM
why are you all acting like fools, just because a girl come on the forums, you will probably never meet her!
Just quit acting like 8 year olds. :rolleyes:

Chr0nik
08-23-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by CRAIG123
why are you all acting like fools, just because a girl come on the forums, you will probably never meet her!

http://forums.teamwod.net/images/smilies/stfu.gif

Jarvis
08-23-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by CRAIG123

i know, i was thinking the same thing while reading the "post your pictures" thread. it's so damned pathetic really. think if this was a guy saying "i'm back" anyone would give a sht?

-jarvis