PDA

View Full Version : Cd-r/rw?

<Dippen>
08-20-2002, 08:00 AM
Maybe this is a bit of topic but wats the differens betwen them?
And what can i play on the xbox? I tried with a cd-r disc with nothing else than ordenairy mp3 files but it couldent read it??

peejay2288
08-20-2002, 08:03 AM
cd-r = is simply a cd that you copy files to
cd-rw = same as above except rewritable, usually only certain electronics play cd-rw's

Zion
08-20-2002, 09:54 AM
CDR is CD recordable, meaning write once.

CDRW is cd re-recordable, meaning you can write to it many times.

Each is made up of different dyes, so lasers read them differently. This is why you cannot use CDR on the Xbox but you can use CDRW.

You can't use MP3 no matter what you have them on. You need to convert them back to normal audio format. Nero will do this for you on the fly.

<Dippen>
08-20-2002, 10:43 AM
yes well i have nero but im quite new to it could you maby describe how i do it?

Zion
08-20-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by &lt;Dippen&gt;
yes well i have nero but im quite new to it could you maby describe how i do it?

It's very simple. You just make an audio CD out of your MP3 files...just drag them to the new disc session and burn them. It converts them when you drag them over.

<Dippen>
08-20-2002, 01:37 PM
Well that i knew i just dident know that it converted it into regular audio files... but thanks man

Zion
08-20-2002, 01:41 PM
Yeah, as long as you don't make a DATA cd. Just make an audio cd and it will work like any other audio cd. It will work in your Xbox (as long as it's on CDRW), cd player..whatever else plays CD's.