PDA

View Full Version : Highest PGR total Kudos.

Kingpin
08-20-2002, 11:45 AM
Just curious what the highest total anyone has around here in PGR. I am pretty good, but I would like to know how much better some people are.

I just finished all golds for everything (even medal pursuit - which can be pretty tough) and a grand total of 425,000.

Yeah, I am bragging, but come on, I spent a heck of a lot of time to achieve this, and this is my one moment of glory. No one I know gives a crap about PGR. I was just hoping someone would tell me I am cool. Please - anyone....

Plus if you have any questions - go ahead.

Plewis
08-20-2002, 03:10 PM
I'm at like 27,000... This game is hard... I gotsta go back and play soon

Kingpin
08-20-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
I'm at like 27,000... This game is hard... I gotsta go back and play soon

Yeah, its tough, but if you stick with it eventually you will get a zen-like feel for the cars. You will start to anticipate when you are screwing up before you crash into the wall. And the speed will come. Of course it is all about the turns and maintaining speed through them.

I will offfer some advice - if you have any questions let me know.

CARS-
In looking back at my cars I see I only used about 6 cars total. Usually I pick my fastest RWD and fastest 4WD. You need to decide which will work best for the particular event. Rain usually means you need 4WD (4WD tend to be slower than your best RWD)

TURNS - (the key to PGR)
On anything but the style challenges try to keep wheel spin and slide to a minimum. If your tires start slipping, it will slow you down. (Powerslides are necessary on very sharp or tight turns though)

For rear wheel drive cars, try to use only the main brake. The E-brake may be necessary to correct angle mistakes (i. e. to keep from hitting a wall) or on very sharp turns.

For 4-wheel drive cars - you will need both E-brake and/or main brake - takes practice to get the right combination. For a combined brake hit the main brake first then the E-brake to slide around the turn.

Perhaps the most important thing to keep in mind while turning is you want to exit the turn as fast as possible. This is more important than enterring the turn quickly. It is better to stop a little early rather than slow down too much (or for too long).

So, to exit quickly try not to slow down too much and try to get back on the accelerator as quickly as possible (without causing tire spin preferably). You should try to accelerate while you are turning.

So as you approach a turn, you may need to slow a bit then slam the brakes just before and while turning. Before you get through the turn get back on the accelerator and power your way out. This is the key to faster times.

At times you may also be able to avoid braking by simply letting off the gas a little early. And of course swing wde on the turns. Start wide cut in and leave on the outside again (simply reduce the shaprness of your turn).

STREET RACES -
I find these to be the easiest mode in PGR. The key to winning these is getting position early. For almost every race you can get into 1st or at the worst 2nd before the first or second turn. Try different tactics and don't be afraid to smack into someone - this can occasionally cause a pile up that you can benefit from with a cool head.

Let me know if this is a help or anyone has any other tips or questions.

BTW I use Auto transmission (Can't handle too many buttons) and 1st person view (I am a speed freak). Many PGR 'experts' will tell you this is the absolute worst combo, but the game is so well made that any setup can work fine.

Kingpin

Plewis
08-21-2002, 10:31 PM
thanks... I'll try that... I didnt even know there were 2wd and 4wd cars in PGR... I thought they were all the same:D Thanks for the help again:)

FLurYu
08-22-2002, 04:04 PM
425.000!!! That's a lot of kudos. Im at somethink like 70.000 right now, but i only have the game for a week. I played it a lot this week and got 70.000, so if i want to get 425.000 i have to keep playing it a lot and for a long time. And all golds is also going to be very hard. In medal pursuit on the long tracks it isnt really hard to get gold, but on the short tracks i think it's very hard, so all gold is very imressive.

I also have a question for you, how can i get the special car skins, not the ones from medal pursuit, but the other ones. Cus i got gold with some cars, but there are still skins that are locked after i got gold for that car.

Snapple
08-22-2002, 05:31 PM
like 17,000:( i dont really play the game that i started i just play the cheat one:)

Kingpin
08-23-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by FLurYu
how can i get the special car skins, not the ones from medal pursuit, but the other ones. Cus i got gold with some cars, but there are still skins that are locked after i got gold for that car.

I had searched hard to find the answer to this question - nobody seemed to know until about 2 weeks ago when I discovered the answer. You need all silver or gold (no bronzes) for the entire kudos challenge. A tough task, but its nice to know you get some reward for all the hard effort. I play 1st person, but it is still cool to pick out that rally painted or dolphin colored car.

70,000 in your first week is excellent. Keep in mind that the final chapter in the kudos challenge can bring you a good 130,000!

Tony Soprano
08-26-2002, 12:05 AM
kingpin,

actually, i believe you have to get ALL golds in all races in kudos challenge to get the custom skins.. because i tried..

and i didnt unlock the custom skins untill i had gotten ALL golds in all of the races in kudos challenge.. you might also need to get all golds in arcade race and quick race too.. not sure since i had all golds on those before i had all golds with kudos challenge..

btw kingpin, i also just finished pgr.. finished ALL of it.. i tell you.. it was a major ***** getting all golds in medal persuite.. i mean.. damn that was HHHHHAAAARRRRDD!!

but i FINALLY did it today.. all golds in EVERYTHING!!

i think my total kudos is osmething like..

479,000 k... not sure of the EXACT number tho.. im SO glad ive finished it tho.. now i can ease up until sega gt 2002!! MWAHAHAHAH

we should see who else has COMPLETELY finished this game.. cause i know its HARD, and im glad im at the end :)

Kingpin
08-26-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Tony Soprano
actually, i believe you have to get ALL golds in all races in kudos challenge to get the custom skins..

No, I am quite certain of this. I did an entire run just to prove this. I did not do a single arcade or quick race event. I had all golds exdept one silver with the final race to go. When I finished with gold - I was awarded the special paint jobs. I still had one silver. I assume this means you could have several silvers - but you definitely do not need all golds - nor is there any arcade race or quick race requirement.

479.000! Wow that is impressive indeed. You must be very good at the style challenges. (My weakness)

Tony Soprano
08-26-2002, 12:03 PM
well yeah.. im not exactly sure HOW i got the custom skins, but i got em :)

just to be sure get all golds on everything...LOL

and bout the kudos.. not that much of a big deal.. ive used up just about ALL my jokers..

if you REALLY wannna crank up ur kudos. use the joker for one of the "endurance" races.. that'll REALLY crank up ur kudos..

and yeah, im allright with the style challenge, if u use the f50 its not that hard to connect entire laps with kudos :)

its so cool to have somone else to talk to thats finished this game.. its SOOO rare to find somone that has!

GthmRcng
08-27-2002, 05:27 PM
my kuddos score is about 220,000. The bonus races are so hard that i have just given up.

Also, does anyone know how to get the special paint skins that have those designs on it. I think your have to beat the bonus races but im not sure.:eek:

Kingpin
08-27-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by GthmRcng
my kuddos score is about 220,000. The bonus races are so hard that i have just given up.

Also, does anyone know how to get the special paint skins that have those designs on it. I think your have to beat the bonus races but im not sure.:eek:

Did you read this thread?
We discussed this two post up.
You need all gold or silver in every Kudo's Challenge event. (That would include the bonus chapter.)

Tony Soprano
08-28-2002, 12:56 AM
hey kingpin, btw, i loaded up PGR again the other day, it turns out i have like 397,000 kudos.. NOT 497..lmao :P

only a week till sega gt 2002!!!

Kingpin
08-29-2002, 01:44 PM
hey kingpin, btw, i loaded up PGR again the other day, it turns out i have like 397,000 kudos.. NOT 497..lmao :P

only a week till sega gt 2002!!!

One week? I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh, I was pretty dam impressed. Not that 397,000 is anything to be ashamed of or anything. Thanks for letting me know.

Well, that will keep me from going through and seeing what I did wrong. I could probably get tot 450,000 if I really pushed it, but I won't. I'd rather just start over again.

I think 500K may be possible though by some of those Style Challenge masters out there.

Tony Soprano
08-29-2002, 03:38 PM
yeah.. ive heard of some ppl getting some pretty crazy scores.. umm this guy by the nick of Kaji.. hes supposedly the PGR king.. he posts over at teamxbox, i think he might post here too, when txb gets back up u should ask him what his final score is.

as for me, as soon as i reach the 400,000 mark i think ill give pgr a break for a bit..lol

and yeah. ive thought about starting over again too

Tony Soprano
09-03-2002, 03:47 AM
hey kingpin..

whats ur current pgr score? heh, ive been playing recently, got my score up to 420,000 i could probibally make it up to 25.. 30.. or even 50 if i tried hard enough.. i wonder how much ill be able to do before i get sega gt :P

how are u doin? getting gt?

Kingpin
09-03-2002, 10:40 AM
hey kingpin..

whats ur current pgr score? heh, ive been playing recently, got my score up to 420,000 i could probibally make it up to 25.. 30.. or even 50 if i tried hard enough.. i wonder how much ill be able to do before i get sega gt :P

how are u doin? getting gt?

I quit at 425,000 -
I plan to get Sega GT - but I may wait to find it used.
Unless I can't hold back.
I just got MotoGP so that should keep me busy for awhile (Though I am not as in love with MotoGP as many others - yet)

Tony Soprano
09-03-2002, 03:51 PM
oh hey.. another thing i wanted to ask u.. umm.. have u used up all your jokers? because i still have a few left..

Dar
09-03-2002, 05:09 PM
I'm stuck at around 71,000 kudos, trying to work my way up to the feroce. Haven't played in a long time though. This game is damn tough.

Tony Soprano
09-03-2002, 07:12 PM
yah, pgr is probibally one of the hardest games i have ever played..

but once u hit the 100,000 mark.. its not THAT hard to get the rest of the kudos :)

heh, and once u get the f50.. well.. all the other races become **** easy..

then u concerntrate on getting all golds on everything :P