PDA

View Full Version : bmx games

Tkf5000
08-20-2002, 11:57 AM
gamespot and ign have posted some previews of bmx xxx formerely known as dave mirra freestyle bmx xxx. and i read gamespots preview at www.ganespot.com but i cant read the ign review. could someone copy\paste igns? thers all kinds of modes. theres a mode where u can use sniper rifles and rocket lauchers and stuff! this game sounds liek its gunna be awesome.

Xracer
08-20-2002, 07:12 PM
i dont have any of that info for ya but here's a screenie

http://www.xboxcorp.com/upload/xxx/xxx1.jpg

EHWfedPres
08-20-2002, 07:17 PM
Woah, that screen looks kinda R-rated...havent seen nudity in very many video games...

Anyway, you messed up the gamespot link in the first post there...

Also, as long as it has Wipeout mode, i'll be happy. Tits or no tits, wipeout mode is so much fun. Staring at fake boobies seems a bit immature...

EHWfedPres
08-20-2002, 07:29 PM
here's soemthing from IGN...

May 23, 2002 - Every now and then a game comes along that makes your jaw drop to the floor in disbelief. Sometimes it's because of groundbreaking graphics, a phenomenal new gameplay system, or maybe the institution of a fledgling technology. Other times however there are titles that blow your mind for the simple reason that they are so ridiculously over the top that it's beyond comprehension. Such is Dave Mirra XXX.

The last game for Acclaim by developers Z-Axis before they become official Activision property, the third installment of the popular BMX series is so unbelievably conceived that everyone in the IGN office couldn't believe it. The guys were so convinced that it was a joke that I needed to call on fellow editor Fran Mirabella to back me up, as we saw the game in baffled confusion together.

So what's so curiously stunning about the third game in the quietly solid BMX stunt series? A very good question indeed, but not one that can be answered with a comfortable face. Due in part not only because this the first extreme sports game in history to receive an M rating, but also because of the content that earns it such a mark. In short, Dave Mirra XXX is packed full of swearing, violence, and nudity.

You heard it right. In a drastically different approach from the previous two games, the next title will be as dirty as a game can get. Mini-games that involve stripping and wardrobe removal, snotty-nosed brats urinating in public pools, senseless automobile accidents that destroy everything in its path, and unlockable bonuses that include DVD-quality full-motion video of real life Scores stripper girls. And when they strip... they strip! Not readily available in the E3 version, actual shots of T&A was not available in the demo for the show floor but was assured to us that by ship time, players who do well will be rewarded with real-life strip shows where everything comes off.

If that isn't enough to make you double take with just how far gone the premise may be, how about the background behind some of the game's quests to unlock a stages extra areas? While some may ask you to go the typical trick-set route with a point requirement or fakie challenge, others will ask you coerce two dogs to have sex with each other so they'll stop crapping in the area of the park you need to ride in (nobody wants to ride in a dookie-filled street). Other missions will actually require killing other riders in inventive ways, and possibly even blasting them with a rifle or similar device is how it will be done.

Crazy as it may sound it'll still be Dave Mirra at its heart, with the same control layout and engine (with the appropriate upgrade) that we've seen before. Bigger worlds and stages than the first two games put together, longer grinds, and wacky stunt design is just the beginning of a planned 2000 tricks and multiple BMX riding disciplines. But since we've seen all that before, the proven driving model has taken a back seat to the outrageous presentation.

Headed for store shelves in late autumn, Dave Mirra XXX is going to ooze controversy. Bigger, badder (emphasis on bad), this could be the beginning of a bold new era in video games. Check back for more on this lava-powered racer in the coming months.

Tkf5000
08-21-2002, 10:47 AM
lol. whoa i never saw that screen yet. ive only seen like 3 screens. and its not called dave mirra freestyle bmx xxx anymore. theres a bmx xxx and a dave mirra 3, both seperate.