PDA

View Full Version : Buffy's Definetly worth a look see

Toonz
08-20-2002, 06:15 PM
I've been playing Buffy about 2 hours now and its definetly a great game IMO. The controls are incredibly easy and the camera angles so far have been great. You move Buffy with the left stick and control the camera with the right. The controls themselfs are also very intuitive ie. its easy to hit a enemy at any angle in the 3d world. Graphics are average, music is done very well, and Buffy has alotta great lines ( she constantly thinks aloud to herself ) My only beef so far is the creators made alotta invisible walls and therefore theres lotsa map you will try to get to but can't. You can't jump on lockers or in the fountain for ex. These are the controls Enclave should have had. Even when you use the crossbow its very easy to aim ( not HALO easy but pretty close ) If you are a fan of the show you probably will want to atleast rent this game for sure. I think its a keeper and I am glad I bought it. It will lack replay value I'm sure but will make a great addition to my library or atleast a valuble trade down the road.

Xracer
08-20-2002, 06:50 PM
cool thx
you say the aim is similar to Halo's how about everything else?changing weapons?,, walking around,, 1st person views or 3rd?

i'll rent it but i wont buy anymore games unless they can be played online from now on

btw any vampires try to rip her clothes off? hehehehe

Highlite23
08-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Just picked it up, will be playing later this evening , thanks for the info.;)

Whisper
08-20-2002, 07:11 PM
hmm, i didnt think this game would be any good... guess ill give it a try now... if my XBOX starts working which im sure it will after i tinkered with it :)

EHWfedPres
08-20-2002, 07:19 PM
my sister will probably get it, so I dont have to waste my money on soemthing i wont want to play more than twice...

Toonz
08-20-2002, 07:49 PM
When you have the crossbow it goes into fps shooter mode. Its Left trigger activates the mode and Right Trigger zooms. X is to shoot. Changing weapons is done with the pad left and right scroll choices while up and down is select and deselect

Whisper
08-20-2002, 08:28 PM
oh really? that makes sense but i rather have the whole thing 3rd person

Toonz
08-20-2002, 09:22 PM
It works rather well actually. The crossbow acts as a sniper rifle. Just hitting the enemy vamps is not enough. You need to stick them in the heart. When your zoomed in on the chest area and are aimed at the sweet spot you can hear a faint heartbeat and you know its time to pull the trigger.

This is similar when melee battling. First you pound the snot out of the enemy and when there health is 0 you need to Stake them in the heart to finish them off or throw them into something pointy in the environment.

Whisper
08-20-2002, 11:13 PM
how much of the enviroment is interactive? is there like steaks everywhere... can you pick up chairs and beat them with it? can you throw a vamp onto a table and make the table lag go through his heart? i think that would be sweet.

im going to try this one out, thought it would be very cheesy at first

Toonz
08-20-2002, 11:36 PM
You can do all the things you just said but the environment is not totally interactive. Its kinda a selective thing to be honest. Its there when they want ya to be able to take advantage of it but not all the time type thing. Definetly rent before you buy but I give it two thumbs up. There will be better games eventually but I think this will definetly fill a void for a bit for some gamers. Might not be for everyone but after 5 hours I have had nothing but fun with this game

Highlite23
08-20-2002, 11:51 PM
Well, been playing for a couple of hours and i can't say i'm dissapointed. The levels are large and well done, it is cool to break up chairs and stuff for weapons. The fighting system is effective and easy enough to pickup quickly.

So far my favorite part has been flipping over a vampire and stabbing him through the heart through his back, 2 quick button taps and he's dust, literally.

Oh, there is a check point save system, so fear not.

I got as far as the Library before i got my ass kicked and needed to call it a night.

Gonna play for a while longer before posting my review.

Mercury
08-21-2002, 08:04 AM
My niece got the game. The saving is the worse part of it. It only saves at the beginning of each level and at checkpoints. Very annoying.

The rest of the game seems pretty good. Large levels, tons of moves, funny commentary. Not bad of a game. I just hate the whole buffy show so I'll be staying away from it.

virusag13
08-21-2002, 08:16 AM
How long is this game supposed to be?

consolegamer
08-21-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by virusag13
How long is this game supposed to be?

Yes. Someone please answer the question. Also, is it anything like Tombraider?? Someone at Gamestop said it was. Please clarify

Toonz
08-21-2002, 11:40 AM
I would say its the same genre as Tomb Raider but its not Identical. A twist if you may.

borka105
08-21-2002, 11:56 AM
I would advice people to pickup Dead to Rights instead of Buffy. if you can afford both, get both.

-Borka105