PDA

View Full Version : Total Immersion Racing Sounds Good!

CRAIG123
08-21-2002, 06:04 AM
"Total Immersion Racing Almost Finished"

By Chome On August 20, 2002, 10:34 am

"Jon Hare from Sensible once said “90% of the game is programmed in the last 10% of time.” and so right he was. Game balancing and artificial intelligence is always the part of development that takes the most work and so has been the case with Total Immersion Racing’s Emotion AI – nick named “AI-TUDE”. But as expected Razorworks have finished implementing the Emotion AI in time for the scheduled release and it’s proved everything we’d hoped for".

"Far too many racing games have promised intuitive AI but this AI has always been focused on the driving alone and has never had a human feel. The main objective for TIR is to create a racing game that incorporates a true emotional and personal response from the computer controlled drivers. Each opponent has individual strengths and weakness for qualities such as stamina, judgement, composure and track knowledge. In addition to these the drivers also have an emotional reaction which as well as effecting the their other skills will also dictate how they react to you."

"If you keep cutting them up or driving recklessly they start to get annoyed with you. Keep it up and they’ll really lose their temper, hold grudges and go out of their way to be a pain back".

"The main hurdle to achieve the unique emotional responses within Total Immersion Racing was presenting them visually so the player would be aware of them. After much input from numerous experienced games journalists within the industry we’ve finally reached a graphical option that works. While playing the game gamers will be able to see how a competitor is feeling towards them via coloured arrow indicators on the oppositions cars. Green symbolises they are fine with you and don’t have a problem. Showing yellow and they’re a bit wary. Red and you know you’ve really wound them up –if you can see an exclamation mark – they have a grudge to bear – so watch yourself son"

--------------------------------
I really hope they make this game have good A.I because all My friends are no good at racing games, and i need a challenge

:D

Hugh_Jass
08-21-2002, 12:58 PM
Hmmm...so the drivers might actually get upset when I turn the car around and drive backwards around the track? :D

EHWfedPres
08-21-2002, 08:46 PM
Im not reading all that...i might later because im not very busy, just quite lazy, but will it have nitrous?