PDA

View Full Version : Don't be too careful with your controllers!!!

consolegamer
08-21-2002, 08:23 AM
I wiped off my controllers with glass plus wipes after every long session of play. I noticed a chalky substance on my controllers after awhile(the 2nd controller was hardly used at all). My A button was very unresponsive. i had to really push it down hard to get any response to it, so I took it apart to see if the chalky substance was coming from inside the controllers. It was very clean inside. I then realized I had broken my controllers by being too careful with my Xbox and acessories. I went out and bought some s-controllers that I absolutely love. I could have done the Wal-mart swap trick, but I wanted to try the s-controllers. What a difference. They totally kick ass!!! I won't be wiping off my controllers with glass plus wipes or any other solvents anymore. It never harmed my Dreamcast controllers or ps2 controllers so, I figured the Xbox controllers would be ok as well. Just a heads up to everybody, because my paranoia cost me $60.00:(

At least I have s-controllers now and what a difference it is!!!

Slacker
08-21-2002, 02:02 PM
the Chalky Substance is your Dead Skin , I have it too so do alot of people , My A button only sticks on certain games , but the S controllers rulle , I still love the original but Im a Big guy with big hands ,

Whisper
08-21-2002, 03:18 PM
my B button sticks quite alot... and Im playing spiderman lately.. which sucks cause thats kick :(

RadRider
08-21-2002, 05:34 PM
Just for the record, I've used the Controller S at a Microsoft Demo, and I think it's the most terrible controller since the Dreamcast's.

So far I've only had minor problems with my controller. The 'A' Button seems to stick - I have to press it fairly hard to get a response while in menus in certain games, but I haven't noticed it during gameplay, and none of my brothers have noticed it. And from what I can tell, it's only happened to the first-player controller.

Shorezy
08-21-2002, 05:42 PM
HMMM i havn't had ANY problems YET. Oh and for the record, i LOVE the S. I think its the best controller, well, ever.:)

EHWfedPres
08-21-2002, 08:42 PM
That third party controller, the big ass one made by Imagine or soemthing, that is terrible.

I dont have any problems with my first party controllers because I use my shirt to wipe them down. :)

dances with broom sticks
08-22-2002, 11:41 AM
the left stick on one of my controllers is broken... during use it will always push to the right(even if pointed to the left) quite and annoying problem...

Markus_Kalarkus
08-22-2002, 01:17 PM
not a problem here:) although sometimes it asks you to reconnect the controller sometimes even when it is plugged in, but it only does that for halo:D

borka105
08-22-2002, 01:21 PM
not a problem with my controllers.

The S is the best controller ever invented IMO.

I usually player single player unless I have people over...... So my other two original "larger" xbox controllers are like new.

-Borka105

NomadLLama
08-22-2002, 03:02 PM
i am extremely careful with my xbox and accessories (expect for the 2 times i threw the controller on the floor). i have that "chalky" stuff in the crack on my controller a lot. (you should see the kiosks... NASTY!) i have never used the controller S.. haven't seen the need to becuase my controllers are just fine. no buttons stick or anything.

consolegamer
08-22-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by NomadLLama
i am extremely careful with my xbox and accessories (expect for the 2 times i threw the controller on the floor). i have that "chalky" stuff in the crack on my controller a lot. (you should see the kiosks... NASTY!) i have never used the controller S.. haven't seen the need to becuase my controllers are just fine. no buttons stick or anything.

I'm kinda glad my controllers broke, because I got the s-controllers and they kick serious ass!!!