PDA

View Full Version : luck

halocombat4ever
08-21-2002, 10:14 AM
did ne one really care about their luck because to me it seems like it does no thing i mean come one u dont need luick to kick a guys ass

Duke
08-21-2002, 10:34 AM
That's actually a good question. I think it probably has a lot to do with all aspects of the game though.

With higher luck, it should make sure you hit people more often, cast magic successfully, not get noticed as much when your sneaking around, etc.

Of course once you level up enough, luck becomes kind of pointless.

edit- BTW has anyone ever gotten a multiplier(sp?) on luck skill?

Tkf5000
08-21-2002, 10:34 AM
its for treasure. like what u find in chests. a chitin spear or a glass spear, etc. and i think it might affect the game when it has to "roll dice" like to see if u fail a spell or hit or not. it "affects evrything u do in soem way".

vamp
08-21-2002, 12:16 PM
Luck is deffinetly good to have. Its very hard to get it to 100. You could use the bitter cup, but if you use it, you cant become grandmaster thief. My luck is 116 with my lucky ring and sunder.

Tkf5000
08-23-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by vamp
Luck is deffinetly good to have. Its very hard to get it to 100. You could use the bitter cup, but if you use it, you cant become grandmaster thief. My luck is 116 with my lucky ring and sunder. whats the bitter cup? is that the thing that lowers your highest skill and raises your lowest?

Jarvis
08-23-2002, 09:07 AM
i've heard luck is a small determinant in almost everything you do in the game, so it's important, but i would have to say it's my least favorite thing to build... luck is always going to be lowest on the stats simply because it's just not as evident as other things :)

-jarvis

vamp
08-23-2002, 12:24 PM
The bitter in a daedric shrine somewhere. If you choose to use it, it will add 20 points to your luck and take away 20 points from some other stat. Its need in one of last thieves guild quests. If you use the bitter cup you cannot be thief grandmaster.

ScorpionX
08-23-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
whats the bitter cup? is that the thing that lowers your highest skill and raises your lowest?

The Bitter Cup is in Ald Redaynia, just north of the Urishilaku Camp. And it raises your strongest skill and lowers your weakest skill. So that means my luck would go down very low because I don't think you can get a multiplier on it. Also in Ald Redaynia is a very nice Vampiric Ring.:cool:

Professor Kaos
08-23-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion}{

The Bitter Cup is in Ald Velothi, just north of the Urishilaku Camp. And it raises your strongest skill and lowers your weakest skill. So that means my luck would go down very low because I don't think you can get a multiplier on it. Also in Ald Velothi is a very nice Vampiric Ring.:cool:
u got that completely backwards it raises ur lowest and lowers ur highest skill.

Dar
08-23-2002, 05:44 PM
You can't get a multiplier on luck because luck doesn't govern any skills.

ScorpionX
08-23-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Playya

u got that completely backwards it raises ur lowest and lowers ur highest skill.

Note that when you pick up the Cup you can choose to drink from it, causing it to disappear forever but add 20 to your best attribute, and subtract 20 from your worst

Thats from the unofficial Morrowind site, I think they know what their talking about. :D

Professor Kaos
08-23-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion}{

Thats from the unofficial Morrowind site, I think they know what their talking about. :D
QUOTE]Originally posted by vamp
The bitter in a daedric shrine somewhere. If you choose to use it, it will add 20 points to your luck and take away 20 points from some other stat. Its need in one of last thieves guild quests. If you use the bitter cup you cannot be thief grandmaster. [/QUOTE]

i guess im not the only one who thinks this

ScorpionX
08-23-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Playya

Originally posted by vamp
The bitter in a daedric shrine somewhere. If you choose to use it, it will add 20 points to your luck and take away 20 points from some other stat. Its need in one of last thieves guild quests. If you use the bitter cup you cannot be thief grandmaster.

i guess im not the only one who thinks this

He obviously had luck as his highest skill, I was there a few days ago and I am positive it raises your best and lowers your worst. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: