PDA

View Full Version : Gaming moments

ThomasHun
11-05-2001, 10:57 AM
What moments in video games say omg or this is just ****ing great. One of my earlier oh my god moments would have to be when I first got a super nintendo. The first game i played was zelda and holy **** I was just like **** can gaming any better than this. I dont why but i just remember that moment very vividly.

mojo__31
11-05-2001, 11:33 AM
I still vividly remember how proud I was when I reached 1 million in score in Space Invaders on the Atari!

l Maximus l
11-05-2001, 12:10 PM
The most vivid moment I had was playing all the way through Mega Man and beating the game while listening to the default music the entire time....I didn't even have to be put in a stray jacket and be placed in an insane asylum! :D

xboxlover
11-05-2001, 12:13 PM
My most vivid memory has to be of street fighter 2 on the snes great gaame fightin ma bro even though i lost every bloody time.

dronezero
11-05-2001, 07:35 PM
One of them is when I put Soul Calibur in my DC, and saw it in full motion for the first time.

Another was the first time I played Shenmue (I love that game).

WynnFire
11-05-2001, 10:21 PM
For me it was playing Double Dragon on the NES. Just recently I said it when I saw the screenshots of Yager on Xbox.

Jason1010
11-05-2001, 10:27 PM
definately when i played the first zelda game for n64...

although i think mario 64 is a close second to that moment :D

Slider1981
11-05-2001, 11:54 PM
9/9/99, NFL 2K

Rancey
11-05-2001, 11:57 PM
Had to be when i got my Super Nes, I spent like $400 ($200 American) on that beast without any games with it...I got it like on release date. I got Super Mario World with it and let me tell you, it was 256colour splendor!

Koopa
11-06-2001, 12:09 AM
that moment when i finally was able to beat 3 level 9 comps teamed up against me in SSB:D

or my first kill in counter-strike..

or maybe after reuniting Kafei and his gf in Majora's Mask...

or the cinematic in Zelda OoT when the 3 godesses created Hyrule...awesome stuff:D

ThomasHun
11-06-2001, 07:16 AM
How could I forget resident evil the reason I bought a playstation. When you first walked into that room and the zombie bit the dudes head off, that was great.

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 12:27 PM
Thomas...If you like Resident Evil, does that make you pumped up about Hunter: The Reckoning at all? It does for me! Woo Hoo!!

scarecrow kfj
11-06-2001, 01:28 PM
snes mario kart

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 01:36 PM
Quite honestly, I have never been more pumped up about a gaming console ever in my life to level that I am about getting and playing the XBox! Seriously! I mean, I started with the Atari 2600, then the Atari 5200, Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64 and I have played the Playstation 1 & 2 and the Dreamcast numerous times because I have a couple nephews and that's all we do together.... But, with all of these systems and games and stuff, they have never excited me to the same level as I am about getting the XBox...

Though, all of those systems gave me some great and fun times...after playing the XBox at a kiosk, I can't remember ever being so pumped up about playing it...It might be an obsession...lol :D

mattcoxonline
11-06-2001, 01:52 PM
My first OMG moment (or the first that I can remember) was the Sega Gamegear.....

A few years before it was released Nintendo had the Gameboy, which was okay, but it was B/W......or green and dark green

Gamegear came just after Nintendo announced it was impossible to create a color handheld console with the existing technology....

Two yrs later Nintendo brought out Gameboy Pocket - still b/w....

Gamegear, in my opinion was great, although slightly large...

and Nintendo, shown by the GBA, still can't make a handheld console that has a good screen - it needs a backlight....

FOX-HOUND
11-06-2001, 01:58 PM
My alltime favorite moments were:

--- Kicking drunk punks' asses at the Shenmue bar fight QTE.
--- The death of Aeris (Aerith) in FF7, which was a truly touching moment.