PDA

View Full Version : I found an article that confirms FFXI for xbox.

Dar
08-21-2002, 08:37 PM
I know it's a crock, but read (http://www.xboxau.com/news.php?id=news/news.php?id=1406072079) this. Apparently the folks at xboxau have been misinformed. And this article was only posted 3 days ago. Strange brew man.:eek:

EHWfedPres
08-21-2002, 08:39 PM
Final Fantasy games suck anyway. I'd watch flies devour a ton of dog crap before playing that linear piece of garbage.

Dar
08-21-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Final Fantasy games suck anyway. I'd watch flies devour a ton of dog crap before playing that linear piece of garbage.

FFXI is MMORPG, not linear.

EHWfedPres
08-21-2002, 08:41 PM
Oh great, a ton of people playing a crap ass game...just what i need...

most people in massive multiplayer games are *******s.

Dar
08-21-2002, 08:41 PM
Oh great, a ton of people playing a crap ass game...just what i need...

most people in massive multiplayer games are *******s.

Well, thanks for the input Mr. Positivity.:)

EHWfedPres
08-21-2002, 08:45 PM
There's a difference between negativity and facts...:rolleyes:

Dar
08-21-2002, 08:47 PM
There's a difference between negativity and facts...:rolleyes:

Fact is, the FF series has sold millions upon millions. So someone out there (me included) thinks its cool.

EHWfedPres
08-21-2002, 08:49 PM
Here's another interesting fact...I dont care what millions of other people like or dislike. It could sell 291380978 trillion copies to each and every person on this planet, but it dosent mean I will like it.

RadRider
08-21-2002, 09:31 PM
I personally think the FF series is far too linear and uninteresting. I also think that if they're going to make so many FF games, they should tie together somehow.

Anyway, that article is probably just a mix-up from several rumors, vague press releases, and hopeful FF fans who own Xboxes. Oh well.

DBXNY
08-21-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Dar

Fact is, the FF series has sold millions upon millions. So someone out there (me included) thinks its cool.

Interesting point. But you know what? Resident Evil has sold millions upon millions as well and I could never understand what so cool about it. I even hated the new one for Gamecube.

I find Final Fantasy games are just so boring too.

Dre
08-22-2002, 08:31 AM
I'm going to add my 2 cents and say that I've been crossing my fingers since day 1 that Square would bring something Final Fantasy to the xbox. It might be linear and boring to quite a few, but to others, like me, its one hell of an amazing game series that captivates you with an intricately woven story. I would love for something like this to be true... I'd love it even more if they brought FFXII to Xbox.. I'm more of a single player myself.

ShaqPack!
08-22-2002, 08:44 AM
FFXI is the crappiest game in the Final Fantasy series and I really hope that it doesn't come to Xbox.

JJaX
08-22-2002, 08:48 AM
hold up hold up!

i think you people need to sut down and relax for a second. I think your mis reading the article. He was just saying that when they announced FF XI for xbox people were really excited about the thought of a FF game on Xbox. BUt we later found out that was scrapped. But at least we are getting a new chrono game.........

You people are to quick to make a judgment...........

Dre
08-22-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by ShaqPack!
FFXI is the crappiest game in the Final Fantasy series and I really hope that it doesn't come to Xbox.

I really don't get comments like this!!!! Why would you NOT want a game thats from a million copy selling franchise to come to Xbox? It could be great for sales...which means more people buying Xbox, which means more developers wanting to bring games to the Xbox platform. People need to think a bit...

ShaqPack!
08-22-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Dre

I really don't get comments like this!!!! Why would you NOT want a game thats from a million copy selling franchise to come to Xbox? It could be great for sales...which means more people buying Xbox, which means more developers wanting to bring games to the Xbox platform. People need to think a bit...

I'm sorry, I really like the FF series, I just think that FFXI is crappy. I really think that Squaresoft made a big mistake by making a FF MMORPG. I would like to have a FF game on Xbox, just as long as it's not FFXI.

Highlite23
08-22-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Dre

I agree with Dre's comment, if you like it or hate it either way it would boost interest and sales of the XBOX. Not that it's doing bad mind you, but you take everything you can get in the beggining.

EHWfedPres
08-22-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Dre, I'd ike to see it come just to attract more people to the Xbox, but I really hate FF games and I really dont give a crap and I wont play it.

Dre
08-22-2002, 11:27 AM

Dre, I'd ike to see it come just to attract more people to the Xbox, but I really hate FF games and I really dont give a crap and I wont play it.

See, now thats makes alot more sense than saying it shouldn't come to the Xbox because you don't like it! FF has its fans like any other gaming franchise... I'm one of them. FFX almost made me get a PS2 instead of an Xbox... but then I thought about the future and said screw that.. I ain't buying a system for just one game :)

EHWfedPres
08-22-2002, 11:30 AM
The thing I hate most about the PS2 is its lack of good, quality games. A whole slew of crappy linear japaneese anime stupid stuff...it all sucks. Devil May Cry...linear, no replay value. MGS2...see DMC, GTA3 is one of the very few really good games on the PS2, and it's out for the PC also.

Dar
08-22-2002, 03:48 PM
Why is it that ever since Morrowind was announced for Xbox that "linear" somehow became a swear word. Most RPG's and adventure games are linear. Halo is linear, but no one complains about that. Linear is not a bad thing.

Dre
08-22-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Dar
Why is it that ever since Morrowind was announced for Xbox that "linear" somehow became a swear word. Most RPG's and adventure games are linear. Halo is linear, but no one complains about that. Linear is not a bad thing.

I agree that linear isn't bad...

However, linearity is something difficult for programmers to escape in games; which is pretty evident in the bugginess of Morrowind. However, when a game can pull it off, like Morrowind despite its bugs & flaws, it is very rewarding!

But, linear is mostly a bad thing when people talk about RPG's. The reason I think that this is the case is because of the 2 different types of RPGs. There is the japanese rpg of the likes of the final fantasy series which are very story driven and usually involves leveling up a bunch of characters into gods. And there is also the American RPG which is more along the likes of Morrowind where the ability to "do whatever you please" is something that is continually strived for and improved upon. Since most of us here are North American I think we've come to frown upon the "linear" japanese style rpg.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
08-22-2002, 11:29 PM
To each his own...i guess....i really like the final fantasy series of role playing game. It's cool bash away, i had more fun with final fantasy than i did with morrowind. I wonder if morrowind broke the 500,000 mark saleswise. I guess most folks don't like openended style of gameplay.....it's cool!!! play what you like :D

Bigwig
08-23-2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Dre since you linked me the Ego movie I'll give you the low down on "Squaresoft hate". You know better then any of us why people dont like square and why the new FF being ported to the Xbox would help Xbox sells.

The reason why you know is that almost all the people who like FF understand why others hate it. If you play FF you probably have a problem with the story structure which can be linear, the stats which are based more on super heroes then fantasy characters, the combat which is TB lunacy only made stomacheable for the sake of chiseled gameplay. Even FF fans see this hump their shoulders and keep playing FF some of them ignore the quality PC RPG's like BaldursGate cuz they dont have a PC.

Its a new age now and games like the one you linked a movie to are taking away the hold Square had on RPG's.