PDA

View Full Version : Has any1 done this in halo????

masterchief2064
08-21-2002, 09:45 PM
I was trying to do what oxm did in the dreams of masterchief except on co-op well at the end my friend jumped on the gunner seat while I chucked a granade at the pile of granades, there were like 15 of them, the warthog went spinning and somehow my friend survived and stayed on the warthog the whole time!!!!:D

Reclaimer
08-21-2002, 10:39 PM
I chucked a granade at the pile of granades, there were like 15 of them,

How did the 2 of you get the time to throw 15 (give or take) grenades and then throw 1 more to detonate with them all?

I'm not doubting you, it just sounds flawed.
The fuse time is too quick on both types of grenades I think. Even if you stood there and through continuous grenades at your feet, you might get 3 before they all go off. So 2 of you doing that, would make 6. But you got to leave time to bail into the warthog before the first grenade goes. Hmmm....
Perplexing, yes it is.

ScorpionX
08-21-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer 343

How did the 2 of you get the time to throw 15 (give or take) grenades and then throw 1 more to detonate with them all?

I'm not doubting you, it just sounds flawed.
The fuse time is too quick on both types of grenades I think. Even if you stood there and through continuous grenades at your feet, you might get 3 before they all go off. So 2 of you doing that, would make 6. But you got to leave time to bail into the warthog before the first grenade goes. Hmmm....
Perplexing, yes it is.

To make the warthog lauch, you have to collect grenades and then pile them up in one spot by whacking your partner in the back. I think he means he had a pile of 15 grenades, threw one and then they all explode while his partner hopped in right before the huge explosion. You don't have to throw 15, only 1 and the others will detonate with it.

Anyway, one time I kncked down the overshield on the Silent Cartographer and placed it next to the warthog I was going to launch. My partner threw the grenade and I quickly got the over shield (for a brief time you can't be hurt while the overshield is loading) and jumped in the car. I flew really high and then jumped off at the top. It was cool. :cool:

Reclaimer
08-22-2002, 12:21 AM
Wait, I've owned Halo since launch. Now I've never notice this. Until I prove this when I get home, I was unaware that you can blow up dropped grenades and they contribute to a larger explosion. I've never heard this tactic mentioned elsewhere. This would be a prolific tactic. Blowing up dropped grenades.
Now I have a project.

masterchief2064
08-22-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Scorpion}{

To make the warthog lauch, you have to collect grenades and then pile them up in one spot by whacking your partner in the back. I think he means he had a pile of 15 grenades, threw one and then they all explode while his partner hopped in right before the huge explosion. You don't have to throw 15, only 1 and the others will detonate with it.

Yeah thats what I meant, but my friend survived the whole thing on the warthog without an overshield!!! I taped it too, does any1 know if I can send this to oxm to see if it makes it to the top ten????

UltimateAg
08-22-2002, 11:05 AM
Wait, I've owned Halo since launch. Now I've never notice this. Until I prove this when I get home, I was unaware that you can blow up dropped grenades and they contribute to a larger explosion. I've never heard this tactic mentioned elsewhere. This would be a prolific tactic. Blowing up dropped grenades.
Now I have a project.

Dude, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! You've never heard of warthog jumping? It's practically an olympic sport!:eek:

You also never noticed that sometimes in the campaign missions when you frag the bad guys that there are secondary explosions?

EHWfedPres
08-22-2002, 11:41 AM
Everything possible to do in Halo has been done...believe me, thats why this game is so boring now, and way over-rated.

E Nomini Patri
08-22-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Everything possible to do in Halo has been done...believe me, thats why this game is so boring now, and way over-rated.

Shut up you cheesy poof:mad: Halo is awesome!

masterchief2064: I have done that in single player without an overshield and survived in the back of the hog. I should have a vid in the next week or so.

(The attachment is for you EHWfedpres:mad: )

Reclaimer
08-22-2002, 06:10 PM
I am aware of Warthog jumping. Have been for awhile.
I just wasn't too sure about blowing dropped grenades to contribute to a larger explosion.

masterchief2064
08-22-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

masterchief2064: I have done that in single player without an overshield and survived in the back of the hog. I should have a vid in the next week or so.

Just wondering, when did I say that????

What I actually said was that I did it in co-op mode and my friend survived in the gunner seat of the warthog without an overshield and I said that I taped it and was asking if any1 knows if Im allowed to send it to OXM to see if it can make it to the top ten plays of the month

Dre
08-26-2002, 08:35 AM
I am aware of Warthog jumping. Have been for awhile.
I just wasn't too sure about blowing dropped grenades to contribute to a larger explosion.

Didn't you ever play in the Library? When I play there are many times that an explosion from one of those fat blowup flood guys ignites a bunch of grenades on the ground creating really huge explosions.

SpartanSniper
08-26-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Dre
When I play there are many times that an explosion from one of those fat blowup flood guys ignites a bunch of grenades on the ground creating really huge explosions.
Two words: VERY...ANNOYING!!!:cool:

Spartan IV
08-27-2002, 06:14 PM
launching hogs is great, i once got about 62(i think i scipped a few but oh well) and blew them all off at once, the blast was so big it blew me away and i was about 30 feet away, my friend survived who was behind a rock watching it in the air.

Shadowsim
08-27-2002, 07:07 PM
I too have performed my own warthog jumps and subsequent ghost, bahshee, tank you name it jumps. I find it a lot funner to make a trail of grenades like dominos and set off the first one and watch the explostion slowly creep to the soon to be toast vehical that is behind a rock or something. It's cool.

To bad this effect doesn't work in MP. :(

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

Shut up you cheesy poof:mad: Halo is awesome!

(The attachment is for you EHWfedpres:mad: )

I believe I have an attachment for you as well.....

E Nomini Patri
08-31-2002, 09:21 PM
Crud you got me! :)