PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Championship - vehicles?

sledgmb
08-21-2002, 09:51 PM
I've read recently where there were some questions whether or not UC will have vehicles? I'll be new to Unreal, but I really hope they're implemented similar to the ones in Halo. Anyway - on the Unreal Championship I've seen in multiple places where they say vehicles are in the game. Unreal "Championship" is only for xbox, right? Is there any questions at this point as to vehicles?

Frink
08-21-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by sledgmb
I've read recently where there were some questions whether or not UC will have vehicles? I'll be new to Unreal, but I really hope they're implemented similar to the ones in Halo. Anyway - on the Unreal Championship I've seen in multiple places where they say vehicles are in the game. Unreal "Championship" is only for xbox, right? Is there any questions at this point as to vehicles? Yes, I do believe that vehicles are confirmed. And yes, Unreal Championship is an Xbox exclusive, and a great looking one at that.

KviK
08-21-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by professor_frink
Yes, I do believe that vehicles are confirmed. And yes, Unreal Championship is an Xbox exclusive, and a great looking one at that.

there is no vehicles.

sledgmb
08-21-2002, 11:17 PM
ah that's what i love - a straight answer.

EHWfedPres
08-22-2002, 01:13 AM
I saw an early trailer at gáyspot i think, some dude was riding a thing that looked like the vertical speeder bike from star wars ep.1...anyway, who cares about vehicles, what about multiplayer bots?

sinizuh
08-22-2002, 03:11 AM
there WILL be vehicals. the developers said that was one of the bigger differences from UC and UT2003.

why need bots in multiplayer? you got single player. (and yes, bots will be in multiplayer)

redrum237
08-22-2002, 09:36 AM
I hope there will be vehicles, thats one of the reasons i want this game so much. That and XBOX Live.

EHWfedPres
08-22-2002, 11:40 AM
There's a HUGE F0CKIN DIFFERENCE between multiplayer and single player. Single player has missions, and you can only play then by yourself...in a designated area.

Multiplayer, you can fight with your friends in an environment you pick, then weapons you want, and have any number of kills or lives or whatever...

What rock have you been living under?:rolleyes:

KviK
08-22-2002, 02:28 PM
There is no vehicles, that was an old trailer and the vehicles don't match the gameplay of the game, it didn't feel right, so the devoloppers took it off, and now they are trying to see if they can put more people rather then 16.

They did a test and 16 player has no lag, so they are trying to see if 32 players will work on the big maps. THERE IS NO VEHICLES.

shorter93
08-26-2002, 08:05 PM
you can say there won't be vehicles all you want. unless you got a link, i'm not just gonna take your word for it. this game WILL HAVE VEHICLES.

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 08:39 PM
Why dont you just wait and find out instead of spreading false rumors in a foolish attempt for attention?:rolleyes:

ScorpionX
08-31-2002, 09:29 PM
Here is a quote in an recent article by gamespot:

As far as features are concerned, Unreal Championship will support a number of different gameplay modes, including regular deathmatch, capture the flag, domination, bombing run, and team deathmatch. The development team also plans to include full support for downloadable content, so you'll be able to download new weapons, skins, maps, and even vehicles.

Sounds like there will be vehicles.....:cool:

Professor Kaos
09-01-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion}{
Here is a quote in an recent article by gamespot:

Sounds like there will be vehicles.....:cool:

i think there will b vehicles but it will b like halo where u can pick if u want them or not, and which ones u want.

Vipermmx
09-03-2002, 05:26 AM
[[Yes, I do believe that vehicles are confirmed. And yes, Unreal Championship is an Xbox exclusive, and a great looking one at that.]]

UT23 and UTC are the same damn game lol. Not reallt exclusive. Also yes there will be Xbox vehicles. The PC version will have them but they wont be in the maos because devs felt they take to much out of the gameplay. They rather you fight on foot with skill.

Vehicles have been said to be nothing more then a way to ge tto point a to b faster.

Radar
09-04-2002, 08:53 AM
If you're expecting tanks, forget it. The vehicles as Vipermmx stated will simply be for fast transportation around the maps.

OppiumNitrates
09-04-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
There's a HUGE F0CKIN DIFFERENCE between multiplayer and single player. Single player has missions, and you can only play then by yourself...in a designated area.

Multiplayer, you can fight with your friends in an environment you pick, then weapons you want, and have any number of kills or lives or whatever...

What rock have you been living under?:rolleyes:

accually if u ever played any Unreal game you would know that the multiplayer and single player game is exactly the same . . . . there r no missions in the single player game its just u fighting bots and multi is the same thing but the bots r replaced by real players

EHWfedPres
09-04-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

accually if u ever played any Unreal game you would know that the multiplayer and single player game is exactly the same . . . . there r no missions in the single player game its just u fighting bots and multi is the same thing but the bots r replaced by real players

I was talking about fps games in general...

OppiumNitrates
09-04-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

I was talking about fps games in general...

OK, i was just letting you know cauz it looked like u were talking about UT.

EHWfedPres
09-05-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

OK, i was just letting you know cauz it looked like u were talking about UT.

well yeah, i know that about the single player, but I was also wondering, will there be bots in UC multiplayer, where you and your friends could face them?

Ruiner
09-17-2002, 06:22 PM
UT2003 and UC are different games.

check out the sites, do some research before posting an uninformed reply.