PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Sega GT2002

Mr Blonde
08-22-2002, 05:53 AM
I was very miserable when I got rid of my ps2 for an xbox..why? Cos I couldn't play GT3 any more. I looooved GT3, time trialing while adjusting the car setup was my idea of heaven, the car dynamics were superb.

As you can imagine I was pretty thrilled when I heard about Sega GT but, and this is a big but. I'm getting very worried as time goes on, reading previews etc.

The graphics look great, lots of cars, great game modes etc. So what's the problem? Well reading a preview my heart sank as I read those dreaded words....'Arcadey' and 'floaty'.

I was so p*ssed off. If Sega GT doesn't have physics/tweakability at least on par with GT3 then needless to say I won't be buying it.

There a plenty of games for people who like fast, floaty arcading racing games where they can mess around and crash into stuff etc. but where's the serious sim us petrolheads crave?? GT3 was a storming success, Sega you'll be very stupid not to mimick gt's dynamics/handling.

:( :( :(

Jim Duge
08-25-2002, 10:49 AM
Ever play Sega GT for Dreamcast? yeah...

Finchy
08-25-2002, 11:01 AM
Where we come from, cars always float. We call them, "Floaty Wankers." They drive by our house every two hours, and ring their wanker chimes. I say to my mom, "LOOK, MOM!! Floaty wankers, floaty wankers, death to all!!" And she'd be like, "Get away from the window, you punk *******. And go clean up your room. I told you to put those playboys back into your step father's closet, NOW MOVE!! "

Damn, those were the good old days (actually, it happend last night.) Anyway, to make a long story even longers, yes, SegaGT seems to have floaty controls. But not as bad as the DreamCast's wanker doodle version.

BullitNC
08-27-2002, 08:55 PM
I don't get it. I've played the DC version of Sega GT, and I've played GT3 on PS2. GT3 on the PS2 was one of those games that looked awesome in the magazines, and on the trailers and demos. But all you ever saw were cut scenes and movies. Once I actually saw the game in play, I was no longer impressed. There is no comparison. While the cut scenes looked fabulous, the game looked average, and played even worse. Yes, I played GT3, and it was one of the pi$$-poorest driving games I've ever played. If you think real cars handle like that, you're in for a rude awakening when you turn 16.

Jim Duge
08-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by BullitNC
I don't get it. I've played the DC version of Sega GT, and I've played GT3 on PS2. GT3 on the PS2 was one of those games that looked awesome in the magazines, and on the trailers and demos. But all you ever saw were cut scenes and movies. Once I actually saw the game in play, I was no longer impressed. There is no comparison. While the cut scenes looked fabulous, the game looked average, and played even worse. Yes, I played GT3, and it was one of the pi$$-poorest driving games I've ever played. If you think real cars handle like that, you're in for a rude awakening when you turn 16.

What did you think of SegaGT for DC?

EHWfedPres
09-01-2002, 08:51 PM
dont let some empty-headed moron's idiotic comments and opinions agitate you...

BullitNC
09-02-2002, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Jim Duge

What did you think of SegaGT for DC?

I liked it. No, it won't replace on track experience, and I doubt any real race drivers use it for simulation, but it's probably the best GT racing game available....or was at the time. I really liked the Carazzaria feature, and the car selection. There was enough variety in things to do, to keep me busy for a long time. The licensing tests were very challenging. But it serves a purpose, because nobody is going to jump into the race specific cars like the Castrol Toyota, or Penzoil Nissan and do well. Those cars were very sensitive to driver input....you had to drive them "realistically". Problem is, too many people want driving games that involve holding the throttle wide open for an entire race, never touching the brakes, and never crashing. Those games are entertaining, but that's not racing.
I've played the Sony GT games. Yes, they had LOTS of cars, but they handled like arcade racers. Even as glossed over as they made GT3, it was still very cheesy once you started playing it. I love hearing people review race games, and try to criticize the cars handling characteristics. None of these people have ever driven those types of cars in those conditions...what do they know?

Zion
09-02-2002, 08:00 AM
Well, you can't get much more 'arcadey' and 'floaty' than GT3. Hit a wall at 180 mph and what happens? Nothing..you don't even slow down.

BullitNC
09-02-2002, 10:35 AM
Playing GT3 reminded me of playing that game in the arcade, which name I forget. But you race cross country in a red ferrari or something..."Rush" maybe.

xboxaddict1226
09-02-2002, 01:44 PM
man i tell u how it is when i get sega gt 2002 tommorow ok

Halo Evolved
09-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Well, the engine used in the Dreamcast version of SEGA GT won't be the one featured in SEGA GT 2002 for Xbox. The games engine has been rebuilt from the ground up and the cars have true to life handling. This game might surpass GT3 with it's driving fundamentals and even threw in license tests (like Gt3). So Sega recognized the success of Gran Turismo 3 for the Ps2 and worked pretty hard to "clone" the gameplay for its SEGA GT 2002 title.