PDA

View Full Version : my impression of the Xbox after few weeks :)

odpr
08-22-2002, 07:47 AM
w ell, after two weeks of playing in halo doa3 and rs, I thought I need to put my final verdict on the green box..

I will start by saying, that since I bought my Sega eight bit, (who remember when..) I never had such an excitement and fn with any console! , Microsoft(for the first time in their life, ) really trying to do their best o n this machine, and it shows ....

Every thing in the Xbox was calculated before , it seems as if they closed any loose end in the design of this console, music.. gfx. Controllers (I like the big ones... I think it's a new and much more convinet concept.) .
, movies, music... Almost every thing.. Every game (at least what I have..) u could see the quality control, ok I know halo is not a good example. After all this game got all the prices that a game can catch.. But still doa 3..(people whine about this game.. ) Amazing to my opinion... rsc, fun fun fun and again fun ! Much more then in the ps two that is filled with so many games, but I can barley count ten that I would like to buy if I had this pathetic console..

Now one more thing, me and my friends completely agree that this console revive the days of the amazing seg, and with all the fun that we had back there...

Yesterday my friend showed the Xbox to a heavy gamer, that have ps two... he looked at the gfax, and said.. welp yes this is better ,ut not that much better, he said I would not buy this console anyway .. we asked why ? he said look the gfs isn't that much big of a diffrence, and th sps two have much more games... so ..

he said if the xobx did have somthing completly diffrent themaybe.. but it's exectly the same, he also said that doa in th ps two is exectly the same.. what do u have to say guys.. ?

Nerrad529
08-22-2002, 07:49 AM
Xbox is definately where it's at. I'am glad to hear you like it. I've had mine since january and I already got my money's worth.

tomacco
08-22-2002, 08:24 AM
DOA is the exactly the same on PS2??? I was under the impression that it was an XBox exclusive. As for the something completely different, how about a unified online experience that will deliver content updates as well as have global ratings.

Also what you should do is ask him to show you which first generation games (those released within the first year since the consoles release) are "not that much worse" then the first generation of XBox games. If he can show you some then please let us know cause I'd be very interested to know.

Barranger

Spades
08-22-2002, 09:23 AM
i'v had it since the day it came out and i have never gotten tired of it

TegSkywalker
08-22-2002, 10:37 AM
I agree with all of you. A few months ago I got an XBOX from Best Buy (gotta love those tax return checks) and haven't turned back since. I have experienced Halo, a handful of the Sega Sports titles, Hunter, and a few more and I have been nothing but pleased with my purchase. Welcome to the family!

odpr
08-22-2002, 01:35 PM
u think that in the next few year the gfx and the sound of the box could get better then this ?! :)

din the case of the ps two then maybe, because it's a new concept in programming and programmers got to use to this different kind of programming, about the box, welp it's mostly the same as in the computer and programmers already know how to work wit that..

tomacco
08-24-2002, 08:54 AM
you may be correct but remember that microsoft has been saying that it was a modified version of directX, one with many added infeatures for the xbox such as light shading

FpS_PhReeK
08-24-2002, 09:23 AM
Ther Xbox is getting a new, smaller in demension not capacity and quieter hard-drive; as well as a new graphix card come this summer '03. The changes are aimed at making the Xbox less un-profitable for MS and addressing continuing hardware defects, game freezes, defective hard-drives. The over-all performance of the box should not see a significant improvment, though the new hard-drive will read faster, and the graphix card will be more powerful. Game developers have not even made a great game that pushes the capabilities of the Xbox yet, even Halo failed to push the Xbox, Halo 2 is looking much better wouldn't you say? There will be a new case, smaller, the xbox will lose about a pound, and it is expected to fall in price to $149.99.

PhReeK out!

p.s. maybe I will wait to buy another one this summer '03 seeing how mine went kaput about a month ago... by then maybe there will be some really good games, and the verdict on Xbox Live will be in. Peace out.

Revit_X_man
08-24-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by tomacco
DOA is the exactly the same on PS2??? I was under the impression that it was an XBox exclusive. As for the something completely different, how about a unified online experience that will deliver content updates as well as have global ratings.

Also what you should do is ask him to show you which first generation games (those released within the first year since the consoles release) are "not that much worse" then the first generation of XBox games. If he can show you some then please let us know cause I'd be very interested to know.

Barranger

DoA 3 is Xbox exclusive, DoA 2: Hardcore was a DC port to the Ps2.

TIME
08-24-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by odpr
he said if the xobx did have somthing completly diffrent themaybe.. but it's exectly the same, he also said that doa in th ps two is exectly the same.. what do u have to say guys.. ?

odpr...just take your friend to the Two Betrayals level of Halo that you posted about in your other thread. Show him what you did with the Banshee. Ask him if the PS2 has anything like that. The other game I would recommend you show him if you can get a copy is MotoGP.