PDA

View Full Version : Dead to Rights

JJaX
08-22-2002, 07:51 AM
I got this game yesterday and it kicks so much ass!
I strongly recommend this game if you are good at video games and can appreciate a quality game that remains fun 24-7. I don’t know what reviewers were on when they said it was too hard and the controls are difficult. I’m only like an hour and a half into it but and yes it’s hard but it’s a welcome hard. Its night the slightest bit frustrating when you cant beat a part.

Example of what it’s like

I had to chase this dude but he went up and elevator. So I had to get past all these hit men in a lobby. As two dudes walked around the corner I jumped out and disarmed one. I grabbed his gun and kicked him in the face (think Jin Kazama from tekken)
Then I took the second guy hostage and used him as a human shield. Then this matrix style music (think trinity + neo lobby) kicked in and just started blasting everyone. Then when I was done with my human shield I threw him to the ground and put a shotgun blast to the back of his neck (press b) All the shells and damage remain so the place looks like a mess.

This game kicks so much ass.................

RudedogX
08-22-2002, 07:55 AM
so it's really not just a max payne clone then? I might have to get it from that description that you just gave.

JJaX
08-22-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
so it's really not just a max payne clone then? I might have to get it from that description that you just gave.

This poops on Max payne........
True the story his simular, cop framed must kill everyone.
And theres is bullet time. But the cool/wierd thing about the bullet time in DTR is your bullets still go the same speed and you can bust off so many round before you hit the ground.

In max payne you had 1 option, use your guns. In DTR you look at every shoot out as a oppurtunity to sharpen your skills. Dive out drop a few people, lean up on a wall, run out grab a human shield. Holster your gun and do a disarm move on someone. You can mix up how you wanna do things.

Its great...........

Dre
08-22-2002, 08:24 AM
Is the control scheme annoying in any way? What are the controls?

thnx bro

borka105
08-22-2002, 08:47 AM
This is what I have been telling you guys for months now. I see JjAX now knows what I mean :) .

Enjoy Man
-Borka105

studepaber
08-22-2002, 08:48 AM
I agree with you JJAX, this game is hella-tight! You can't just go into this game with your gun's blazin, you actually have to employ some strategy and yes you WILL do certain sections of the game over and over and over...... As far as the controls they are somewhat easy IMO. Left thumbstick moves character, left trigger crouches, right trigger locks on to target, 'a' shoots, 'y' dives, 'b' disarms and uses opponent as human shield and also turns back to wall, I forget if 'x' does anything, bottom thumbpad switches weapons. I still can't get used to the right thumbstick (this changes the camera angle, but when you press left it looks right, and also you can't look up and down). Some of the camera angles are a bit awkward at times too, but these things are VERY minor if you weigh them against all the positive things this game has for it (JJAX's example for one). Can't wait to unlock more disarms!

JJaX
08-22-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Dre
Is the control scheme annoying in any way? What are the controls?

thnx bro

- Left analog moves foward, back, turn left, turn right

- Digital pad Down put weapon away

- Digital pad left/right change guns

- Right trigger targets

- While targeting you can use the right analog to change targets, or just release R trigger aim in direction of new target and press R trigger (it works out nice)

- A shoots, punches

- X kicks

- Left trigger ducks

- Y dives, Hold Y to go into bullet time. Left Y, right Y, back and Y dives in direction

- B is your action button. Disarms people if you gun is put away. Uses them as human shield if you have gun drawn. Also handy to control slow motion in certain events(you'll see ;) ) Also puts you into wall mode, Where you lean out and stuff. Its awesome!

Black - goes into "sniper mode" so you can target objects

Once you get used to how it plays, you feel like a got damn action hero.

And the game also has a lot of mini games too. Like picking locks, Lifting weights etc...........

Trust me, the game kicks ass.

Dre
08-22-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

- Left analog moves foward, back, turn left, turn right

- Digital pad Down put weapon away

- Digital pad left/right change guns

- Right trigger targets

- While targeting you can use the right analog to change targets, or just release R trigger aim in direction of new target and press R trigger (it works out nice)

- A shoots, punches

- X kicks

- Left trigger ducks

- Y dives, Hold Y to go into bullet time. Left Y, right Y, back and Y dives in direction

- B is your action button. Disarms people if you gun is put away. Uses them as human shield if you have gun drawn. Also handy to control slow motion in certain events(you'll see ;) ) Also puts you into wall mode, Where you lean out and stuff. Its awesome!

Black - goes into "sniper mode" so you can target objects

Once you get used to how it plays, you feel like a got damn action hero.

And the game also has a lot of mini games too. Like picking locks, Lifting weights etc...........

Trust me, the game kicks ass.

Thanks dude! I'm finishing work next week and I have 1 week off before school.. I know which game to get now! Now you got me all primed...

Small question, is this an xbox only game? is it coming to pc as well?

JJaX
08-22-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by studepaber
I agree with you JJAX, this game is hella-tight! You can't just go into this game with your gun's blazin, you actually have to employ some strategy and yes you WILL do certain sections of the game over and over and over......

Hell yeah, i love getting to a tough part. Cause once you pass it your hearts like racing and you feel pumped! (Stereo + subs add to the drama ;) )

Its like ok, Grab this guy, use him to get here. Throw this, dive in, duck here! I love the freakin shotguns in this game, they let out a nice THUD!. How good does it feel to be in wall mode and pop out with the shotty on some chump!

:D

JJaX
08-22-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Small question, is this an xbox only game? is it coming to pc as well?

To be honest i dont know. But i do know this, I dont know how you could play it without an xbox controller!

Chr0nik
08-22-2002, 09:04 AM
This is a direct quote from IGN

. And it's probably the most enjoyable gameplay experience so far this year for Xbox

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/367/367970p1.html

JJaX
08-22-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Chronik
This is a direct quote from IGN

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/367/367970p1.html

Id have to agree %110!

borka105
08-22-2002, 09:08 AM
this game is xbox exclusive for 6 months, and then will be taken to the ps2 as well.

*Remember this is NAMCO's biggest prokect to date. With over 50 programmers and 3 years in the making, this their "breakout" game that they have been working on.

-Borka105

Dre
08-22-2002, 09:09 AM
Are the graphics impressive or normal for the xbox?

faceoff508
08-22-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Dre
Are the graphics impressive or normal for the xbox?

From what I have seen the cut scenes are good, but the in game suck imo.

JJaX
08-22-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508

I think the graphics are slick as hell. The game runs so smooth.

The graphics are tight, when you slow things down and actually look at it, its real nice.

Oh did i mention theres absolutely no load times? ;)

studepaber
08-22-2002, 09:25 AM
From what I've played the graphics are impressive but nothing to really brag about. It has decent particle effects, explosions, and displays environmental damage well. What I've been really surpirsed about is that there was no noticable slowdown! (even with multiple enemies on screen at once ...10-20). Where this game really shines is in its gameplay (very smooth), and the music and sound effects are intense (the shotgun blast is very well depicted).

Highlite23
08-22-2002, 09:47 AM
I have to agree with everyone, i played about 3 hours last night after i picked it up, and i'm enjoying the hell out of it.

The graphics are above average, but thats ok, because you can tell they spent alot of time making the game awsome. Smoooth, fast and furious.

Controls are easy enough to learn, Shadow is a cool addition, and my favorite...The slow-mo dive, while targeting enemies, and picking them off one by one.

This game makes Max Payne look like a walk in the park.

Gonna play for a while before posting a review.

By the by...whats your favorite move so far??

JJaX
08-22-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by highlite23

I have yet to unlock anymore disarms moves, But i love when im done with a human shield and i have a pistol in my hand. ;)

You know what im talking about ;)

faceoff508
08-22-2002, 09:54 AM
I have to agree with everyone, i played about 3 hours last night after i picked it up, and i'm enjoying the hell out of it.

The graphics are above average, but thats ok, because you can tell they spent alot of time making the game awsome. Smoooth, fast and furious.

Controls are easy enough to learn, Shadow is a cool addition, and my favorite...The slow-mo dive, while targeting enemies, and picking them off one by one.

This game makes Max Payne look like a walk in the park.

Gonna play for a while before posting a review.

You must be filthy rich. How can you afford all those great games?

Highlite23
08-22-2002, 09:58 AM
I knew come August things were gonna get crazy, as far as good games coming out so i developed "The Game Fund"

Real simple, all loose change, and couple bills here and there in a jar...so far it's worked out well, the lull in games also helped the fund.

The hard part is not using the Platinum card:(

faceoff508
08-22-2002, 10:00 AM
I knew come August things were gonna get crazy, as far as good games coming out so i developed "The Game Fund"

Real simple, all loose change, and couple bills here and there in a jar...so far it's worked out well, the lull in games also helped the fund.

The hard part is not using the Platinum card:(

Oh i see. How do you have time to play all those games?

Highlite23

I have yet to unlock anymore disarms moves, But i love when im done with a human shield and i have a pistol in my hand. ;)

You know what im talking about ;)

I hear ya Bro...this game is just too :cool:

LOL

JJaX

You must be filthy rich. How can you afford all those great games?

Buying 2-3 games a month isnt that difficult.

faceoff508
08-22-2002, 10:02 AM

He has 20 games. Come this fall, he will probably have 50!

Highlite23
08-22-2002, 10:08 AM
faceoff...Unfortunatlly i havn't solved that problem, and it's getting harder.

I try to finish games that have a begining and end, not like Sports games, that you can pop in and out and work your way through a season or championship.

But i have a nice balance...you need to run with Splashdown, Outlaw Golf or something like that just to get the tension of Halo (Legendary) Enclave, and now DTR out of your system.

Buffy is the one i'm undecided about, the game is a ton of fun, but i'm sensing no replay value, we shall see.

Typical highlite nite...
"Let's play.............................................(Staring at the game library for 20 minutes) LOL

Highlite23
08-22-2002, 10:09 AM

Not to mention if i don't care for a game i ditch it within a week so i get full credit or it at GS.;)

AcidJazz
08-22-2002, 10:15 AM
I used to own 22 games, but recently sold them all and only kept 5. Why..? No way in hell I could find time to play them all. Apart from it they all become boring after a while. I'm left only with A++ quality titles now and those are must buys for every xbox owner.

1. Halo (great game, beat it so many times, it's gotta go now)
2. Project Gotham Racing (endless replay value, very challenging)
3. RalliSport Challenge (relaxes me after work, amazing graphics)
4. MotoGP (best racer on Xbox platform, sys-link compatible)
5. 2002 FIFA World Cup (The only decent football game Xbox's got so far).

The rest of them gets boring easily. Maybe THPS3 was great while it lasted, but as soon as you beat it will just collect dust on your shelf.

JJaX
08-22-2002, 10:45 AM

|------------------YOUR OPINION HAS BEEN VOIDED------------------|

|---------------------PLEASE PLAY THE GAME 1ST---------------------|

:D :D :D :D :D

Ninja Scroll
08-22-2002, 10:55 AM
I meant to read all da post before this one im posting now, but im to lazy right about now,.. just ate a few Hostess Donuts and am struggling to type right about now.:o

Anywho, EGM 09/02 said this game was some straight up dodoo shiit!
I own Max Lame and they said this game was straight garbage with a corny ass story line and da gameplay was weak because they said you learn all these moves and get all these weapons, but all you need to do it punch and kick and the game is over from their.

Now this is coming from a review crew, but I feel the most respected reviewers in da U.S.
I put them at the top with da mighty Famitsu guys over at Japan.

Ya'll know what issue im talkin about? Ya know, da one your very own XBA Hero-Ninja Scroll is sported on page 22 with da Resident Evil 0 cover!!

**gotta love dat cheap plugging!** :D

Ninja Scroll
08-22-2002, 10:59 AM
Why is everyone sweatin da amount of games one owns?

I game 9 Xbox titles and more than half of them suck, just like da Xbox libary now.
Who ever owns 22 games or whatever, I hope they have fun played lame games for a living.:rolleyes:

And dats not including Dead To Rights!:D

JJaX
08-22-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
I meant to read all da post before this one im posting now, but im to lazy right about now,.. just ate a few Hostess Donuts and am struggling to type right about now.:o

I own Max Lame and they said this game was straight garbage with a corny ass story line and da gameplay was weak because they said you learn all these moves and get all these weapons, but all you need to do it punch and kick and the game is over from their.

Now this is coming from a review crew, but I feel the most respected reviewers in da U.S.
I put them at the top with da mighty Famitsu guys over at Japan.

Ya'll know what issue im talkin about? Ya know, da one your very own XBA Hero-Ninja Scroll is sported on page 22 with da Resident Evil 0 cover!!

Well your boys at EGM gotta pull ryu + ken outta there ass. Maybe they just sucked at it, so as a retaliation they gave it a low score. Punks..........

This game kicks ass, and thats the bottom line, cause JJaX said so.

Spaztic
08-22-2002, 11:55 AM
I agree this game kicks some serious ass. the secound you get rid of your shield you will know why! Everyone about summed up everything in this game....my only complaint is that the targeting system dosn't always lock onto the dude I want it to! Which will **** you off once you get past the prision....but other then that this game owns! IMO it is alot better then max payne! I heard it is pretty long to!

Ninja Scroll
08-22-2002, 12:11 PM

Well your boys at EGM gotta pull ryu + ken outta there ass. Maybe they just sucked at it, so as a retaliation they gave it a low score. Punks..........

This game kicks ass, and thats the bottom line, cause JJaX said so.

Dont hate on my dawgs over at EGM bro. Dem cats know what they are talkin about, ya herred me?
I do have a $5.00 coupon (from EGM's 09/02 issue which btw Ninja Scroll is on page 22 :D ) so I might get it next week since JJax will have his period if I dont, and I know we all dont wanna be smellin his fish up in dis piece!:D

btw, yo Jizzax, if I get DTR's dat means you have to go back and buy 2K3 again. Deal?:cool:

Highlite23
08-22-2002, 12:22 PM
Why is everyone sweatin da amount of games one owns?

I game 9 Xbox titles and more than half of them suck, just like da Xbox libary now.
Who ever owns 22 games or whatever, I hope they have fun played lame games for a living.:rolleyes:

And dats not including Dead To Rights!:D

Oh mighty Ninja, take your Katana out of your ass, it makes you talk funny.

Anyway, everygame does not need to be a million seller to be entertaining, i did avoid Kabuki Warriors, and it is about a games, and fun, and that my Self proclaimed Ninja wanna be, is differnt for everyone. I am getting alot of value and enjoyment out of my system, sounds like your not, so why bother??

JJaX
08-22-2002, 12:30 PM

Dont hate on my dawgs over at EGM bro. Dem cats know what they are talkin about, ya herred me?
I do have a $5.00 coupon (from EGM's 09/02 issue which btw Ninja Scroll is on page 22 :D ) so I might get it next week since JJax will have his period if I dont, and I know we all dont wanna be smellin his fish up in dis piece!:D

btw, yo Jizzax, if I get DTR's dat means you have to go back and buy 2K3 again. Deal?:cool:

Hmmmm maybe bro! Maybe once XBL blast off i might wanna get in on the football frenzy!

But i didnt like 2k3 that much, thats why i returned it! BUt maybe ill pick it back up and give it another try :)

FuNkY mOnK
08-22-2002, 12:42 PM

I think EGM sucks for xbox coverage and the writers are all ps2 fan boys, I think Game-informer sucks for lack of personality and content and seem to be running amuck with thier privilege , and I think OXM sucks because half the time they’re bashing every other console on this planet and couldn’t rate a game on a logical level.

Like Bob Dylan said “you don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind's blowin”

JJaX
08-22-2002, 12:43 PM
in regards to ninjas comment at the top of the page:

Highlite does have a decent amount of games, but i dlose a few to make it a good smount of game ;)

THE HIGHLITE LIBRARY
HALO-PGR-SSX TRICKY-DOA 3-MUNCH'S ODDYSEE-NBA 2K2-THPS3-JSRF-RALLISPORT CHALLENGE-SPIDERMAN-FIFA WORLD CUP-HUNTER THE RECKONING-OUTLAW GOLF-MORROWIND-SPLASHDOWN-ENCLAVE-NFL 2K3-BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER-DEAD TO RIGHTS

Id sell

PGR
SSX
DOA
Munch
THPS3
NBA2k2
JSRF
splashdown
buffy

Than you would have a nice collection ;)

But if you love each and every one of those games Mo powa to ya!

I can only keep the games i love!

JJaX
08-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

I think EGM sucks for xbox coverage and the writers are all ps2 fan boys, I think Game-informer sucks for lack of personality and content and seem to be running amuck with there privilege , and I think OXM sucks because half the time they’re bashing every other console on this planet and couldn’t rate a game on a logical level.

Like Bob Dylan said “you don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind's blowin”

Exactly, I buy a game if i know I'M going to enjoy them. I hate reviews. Theres no point, everyone has different tastes.

DZNUTZ
08-22-2002, 01:45 PM
ya'll have convinced me to buy dead to rights....

but ninja is right on one thing ( and its not bashing th xbox's libary, u dirty scum u)....jjax, u do have to repurchase 2k3....

Ninja Scroll
08-22-2002, 01:54 PM

Oh mighty Ninja, take your Katana out of your ass, it makes you talk funny.

Anyway, everygame does not need to be a million seller to be entertaining, i did avoid Kabuki Warriors, and it is about a games, and fun, and that my Self proclaimed Ninja wanna be, is differnt for everyone. I am getting alot of value and enjoyment out of my system, sounds like your not, so why bother??

All your telling me is that it doesnt take much to please your gaming needs. :rolleyes: More power to you and your copies of cheesy Xbox titles.
Me,..I have demands, and if half-ass games like Max Lame, Spider-Man, Hunter, Gunvalkyrie, & RAW (which btw im sad to say I own all of them :( ) are any indication of whats to come them my Xbox will be short on quantity.
I used to sweat having alot of games ala 40+ Dreamcast games
for my console, but now it's all about what's both my paper.
NAW MEAN?

I think EGM sucks for xbox coverage and the writers are all ps2 fan boys, I think Game-informer sucks for lack of personality and content and seem to be running amuck with thier privilege , and I think OXM sucks because half the time they’re bashing every other console on this planet and couldn’t rate a game on a logical level.

I totally agree with everything your saying, except for EGM. I will admit back in da Genesis/Saturn days they were some fanboys of Sony & Nintendo, but their cool now.
They supported Sega's Dreamcast more than any game mag other than Next-Gen and actually give Xbox reviews better scores than PoS2 overall.

UltimateAg
08-22-2002, 01:58 PM
I too have been brain-washed into buying DTR by JJax. Actually I'm just afraid if I don't he might b1tch slap me. I'm going right after work.

And JJax, if you buy 2k3 again you better buy some grape jelly too, aight?

Cause your @SS IS TOAST!!! ;)

Nato King
08-22-2002, 02:02 PM
This game is going to be so wicked. I have been looking forward for this game since June and I can't wait any longer. I am going to get this game by the end of the week.:)

Ninja Scroll
08-22-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
ya'll have convinced me to buy dead to rights....

but ninja is right on one thing ( and its not bashing th xbox's libary, u dirty scum u)....jjax, u do have to repurchase 2k3....

Yo ScamNutz, what's up slim dawg?
Hey peep dis out http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=219893 I was just checking out EB since JJax is obviously having his monthly period on dis thread.
Im considering it now. But I just bought 2K3 last week, and still gotta beat RE on my Cube.
Plus im getting dat Mario Sunshine Bundle Pak next week delivered to my job. But then again, EGM said this game was short as hell. And what's with da dog named Shadow, they said he kills all da dude for you if they try to start up some drama.:rolleyes:

Dudes prolly like " Sik'em Shadow, Sik'em boy"!!! :rolleyes:

Ninja Scroll
08-22-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by UltimateAg
I too have been brain-washed into buying DTR by JJax. Actually I'm just afraid if I don't he might b1tch slap me. I'm going right after work.

And JJax, if you buy 2k3 again you better buy some grape jelly too, aight?
Cause your @SS IS TOAST!!! ;)

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn, what's up with ya'll and these wack ass leagues? Screw dem joints, im just gonna get online and whoop up on all you fools.
And I think leagues suck cause if I like a team and someone else picks them that means I cant? Shiiiii, screw dat yo.

btw, yo Ultimate Warrior, dont be afraif to say "ass".:rolleyes:
It's like saying lame,...da word I will be useing often when I crush you wit my Niners on XBL in November!
YOU KNOW HOW I DO FOOL,..NAW MEAN!? :cool:

JJaX
08-22-2002, 02:17 PM

And what's with da dog named Shadow, they said he kills all da dude for you if they try to start up some drama.:rolleyes:

Dudes prolly like " Sik'em Shadow, Sik'em boy"!!! :rolleyes:

You can select him like a gun and he kills the dude and brings back his gun. Very handy when your ducking behind something getting shot at and out of ammo.

Dont knock a game you havent tried yet. Your opinion seems to be be very negative because of the fact your EGM hoes didnt like it.

Talk smack about this game again and you're gonna get blasted :cool:

You can have your NFL2K bloke with its DC sound effects! :o

When will VC make new sounds for there games. Hell they got the same freaking sounds in their NBA games.

HunH, Errr, Onnnhhh

UltimateAg
08-22-2002, 02:27 PM

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn, what's up with ya'll and these wack ass leagues? Screw dem joints, im just gonna get online and whoop up on all you fools.
And I think leagues suck cause if I like a team and someone else picks them that means I cant? Shiiiii, screw dat yo.

btw, yo Ultimate Warrior, dont be afraif to say "ass".:rolleyes:
It's like saying lame,...da word I will be useing often when I crush you wit my Niners on XBL in November!
YOU KNOW HOW I DO FOOL,..NAW MEAN!? :cool:

I appreciate your thoughts Ninja, and I only refrain from using the true language because I'm trying to set a good example for the little children around here like yourself.

I'm not sure if you've noticed or not but my userid isn't Ultimate Warrior it's UltimateAg. Since you're having so much difficulty reading (try phonics or reading something other than these forums), I'm sure you're going to have trouble counting to 35 (since you only have 10 toes and 10 fingers I assume) which is the amount of points I'm going to beat you by when you grow up in time to play XBL or steal your mom's credit card. NAW MEAN!:)

You don't have to hid the fact that the yawn was you opening up for a nice tea bag.;)

DZNUTZ
08-22-2002, 02:37 PM
a few thangs fellas

1. AG, your comment on da grape jelly was funny as hell
2. jjax...like maddens commentary is astonishing:confused:
3. ninja,...u go ahead and pick those whiners....that way i'll have the satisfication of sacking garcias pansy ass with romo:eek:

JJaX
08-22-2002, 02:56 PM
a few thangs fellas

1. AG, your comment on da grape jelly was funny as hell
2. jjax...like maddens commentary is astonishing:confused:
3. ninja,...u go ahead and pick those whiners....that way i'll have the satisfication of sacking garcias pansy ass with romo:eek:

Segas 2k series gameplay needs a lot of adjustment..........

I rather not get into it now.......

Ninja Scroll
08-22-2002, 02:58 PM

You can select him like a gun and he kills the dude and brings back his gun. Very handy when your ducking behind something getting shot at and out of ammo.

Dont knock a game you havent tried yet. Your opinion seems to be be very negative because of the fact your EGM hoes didnt like it.

Talk smack about this game again and you're gonna get blasted :cool:

You can have your NFL2K bloke with its DC sound effects! :o

When will VC make new sounds for there games. Hell they got the same freaking sounds in their NBA games.

HunH, Errr, Onnnhhh

Seems Lil' Jiizax's period is starting to kick in. Yo fool, I already said I was gonna cop da game for cry out load. $45.00
aint nuttin but peanuts to me homes.
Just dont be knocking my homies over at VC.
NAW MEAN?!

I appreciate your thoughts Ninja, and I only refrain from using the true language because I'm trying to set a good example for the little children around here like yourself.

I'm not sure if you've noticed or not but my userid isn't Ultimate Warrior it's UltimateAg. Since you're having so much difficulty reading (try phonics or reading something other than these forums), I'm sure you're going to have trouble counting to 35 (since you only have 10 toes and 10 fingers I assume) which is the amount of points I'm going to beat you by when you grow up in time to play XBL or steal your mom's credit card. NAW MEAN!:)

You don't have to hid the fact that the yawn was you opening up for a nice tea bag.;)

LMAO, now dats some good material Ultimate Warr...er...Ag! :D
Hope to see you on 11/15/02 so I cant have you lookin like dis " :o " ready for your fixin after im done!:D

Ninja Scroll
08-22-2002, 03:01 PM

Yo mean homo? :D

UltimateAg
08-22-2002, 03:09 PM

LMAO, now dats some good material Ultimate Warr...er...Ag! :D
Hope to see you on 11/15/02 so I cant have you lookin like dis " :o " ready for your fixin after im done!:D

Thanks, I'm just trying to keep up with my role model.:cool: The homo comment was nice too. hehe

JJax back on topic, how many hours have you played so far and do you have any thoughts on replay value yet? (since you obviously don't want to talk about NFL 2k3.)

JJaX
08-22-2002, 03:14 PM

JJax back on topic, how many hours have you played so far and do you have any thoughts on replay value yet? (since you obviously don't want to talk about NFL 2k3.)

I played last night before i passed out for like an hour and a half.
And i loved every second of it. You jsut gotta turn it on and jsut go with the flow. The 1st level teaches you bascily everything you need to know. It like holds your hand through the level. (bet ninja wishes i would hold his hand :D )

Replay value? Id say hell yeah, This is the type of game i can see myself playing over again just cause its so damn fun.

DZNUTZ
08-22-2002, 03:41 PM
replay value huh...
only sports games and fps's really have good replay

i told myself i'd keep max payne cuz it was so cool
i still think it is...but u dont' see me playing it no mo

anyways..i'll pick up d2r on the way home.

faceoff508
08-22-2002, 03:53 PM

Iand actually give Xbox reviews better scores than PoS2 overall.

But no Xbox game has been on a cover of EGM or Game Informer... makes you wonder.

Woocifer
08-22-2002, 04:00 PM
So far what I've played of this game it seems to be fun but it does feel a little stale. I love how they implemented new ideas like adding that whole make the stripper dance to distract the body guards, but they could have made the mini games a little more indepth than Britney Spears/Fuzion Frenzy type controls.

The gameplay feels a little stiff in that you really can't go in every direction you want, and the idea that you have to be near a certain thing to do the action is sometimes a little odd to follow but all in all still great fun.

The graphics are so so...that's all right though, I don't mind that most of the time, I don't think it gets in the way of the experience. I think they could have done better effects, modelling and texturing but whatever the game is actually pretty fun due to the variety. Reminds me of the same type of control scheme that Mark of Kri has where it trys to make it so there are more moves to a single button combo, and that is a great idea.

The thing that does bother me is the length... IGN said 9 hours. So thats basically 10 bucks per hour for one day(Canadian). That isn't really something that I'd put my money on. Same idea with Buffy...that and she won't shut the christ up through the game.

Maybe Prisoner of War is a little more lengthy but still it looks as exciting as boiled paper.

Anyway... it is a fun game I will give it that...worth the money? I dunno. Mark of Kri came out really cheap, I think they should do the same for such short games like Crazy Taxi.

Dre
08-22-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
but they could have made the mini games a little more indepth than Britney Spears/Fuzion Frenzy type controls.

Why do you know the Britney Spears controls? :)

hehehe

*edit: just read the rest of your post. Thanks for the feedback.. good to hear a different side of the story.

hook-worm J
08-22-2002, 04:03 PM
Yes, I knew this game would be great... I'm calling wal mart right now...... and if they dont have it like yesterday, why, why, I'll do something really bad!

borka105
08-22-2002, 05:48 PM
Ninja the fact of the matter is that NFL2K3 while having that football feel and look because of the espn license, is DATED.

I own the game and do like the gameplay and feel to it, but it's so 5 years behind it's time.

The franchise mode is still the worst of all the football games.

ex. I played with Titans, and my rb. George had the most yards and td. of any rb in the league. At the end of the year his stats DECREASED BY 6 POINTS. This just shows you how behind VC is. Players stats change randomly and their is no DPP.

Second, the game looks bad. These are DC graphics for sure.

Gameplay: When defending against the pass: When you press "B" the game switches you to the reciever who at the moment is closest to the wr, not the cb who is at the end guarding him. THIS IS THE BIGGEST BUG, AND IT'S ONLY IN 2K3.

I still enjoy 2K3 because it is the closest to realistic football, but in the end it's way far from perfect.

btw, lets try to speak english...........

And your thing about the xbox not having enough great titles. The xbox right now has more AAA titles that the ps2 and gamecube combined.

I don't see how you can like R:E.- It not only has the clunkiest controlls ever, but is a port from a game that was made 5 years ago. It's boring, and lame.

just my 2 cents
-Borka105

DZNUTZ
08-22-2002, 05:53 PM
dude borka...not to jump in mid discussion....but in terms of RE and its bulky controls...its meant to be that way...it gives the gamer the feeling of tension....which adds to the whole feel the game is trying to accomplish. if you could control like devil may cry or something else...it wouldn't be too hard now would it?

borka105
08-22-2002, 05:56 PM
naw man, that's what YOU ARE MADE TO BELIEVE. the fact is that the controls are like that, because the programmers couldn't tune them. It's been a problem for a long time, and everyone knows the truth.

-Borka105

hook-worm J
08-22-2002, 06:27 PM
bah! Not one store in my area had it... I just ordered it from ebgames.com. Has anyone else ordered it from there? how fast is their shipping?

mticha_21
08-22-2002, 09:15 PM
2 questions
is it compatible with xbox live,
and what is the replay value like for anyone who has actaully played this game

hook-worm J
08-22-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by mticha_21
is it compatible with xbox live

No, its not...

Toder
08-23-2002, 02:42 AM
buy this game. If you have the money to spend then its worth it.

JJaX
08-23-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by borka105
naw man, that's what YOU ARE MADE TO BELIEVE. the fact is that the controls are like that, because the programmers couldn't tune them. It's been a problem for a long time, and everyone knows the truth.

-Borka105

Borka you're cool and all but this a pretty ignorant stament. If the programmers at capcom werent capable of giving Resident Evil 'Devil may cry' controls. How did they do it with Devil may cry?

Thats like saying i can ride a bike, but i cant ride it if its blue.

RE is a thriller, if they made it a run and gun game it wouldnt quite be RE. Its not lack of programming skills :rolleyes:

JJaX
08-23-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer

The thing that does bother me is the length... IGN said 9 hours. So thats basically 10 bucks per hour for one day(Canadian).

9 hours is a long time for a action game of this pace.

borka105
08-23-2002, 09:44 AM
may I also add that it said that it said the game is 9 hours long, but that in NO WAY means it will take you 9 hours.

9 hours is the length of the created game without dieing or anything.

If you read the review carefully it said about 13 hours.

Jjax- I dunno man, everywhere I read and play this version of R:E, it always gets a bad grade in controls. I think that if this problem could have been fixed it would have, this game was a straight port from the other version released several years ago with better graphics.

Also remember that just because it's the same publisher that doesn't mean it's the same development team :)

*I will be picking up dead to rights today, returning my nfl2k3... the massive bugs in the game killed the enjoyment for me.

-Borka105

Ninja Scroll
08-23-2002, 10:01 AM

But no Xbox game has been on a cover of EGM or Game Informer... makes you wonder.

Very, very good point faceoff. Just to let you know, I sent them kids a in-depth letter about that subject matter and hopefully they will print it. Though I have never noticed them to print a persons letters back to back months hopefully they will show XBA's Roel Model-Ninja Scroll some more of da gaming love!

Thanks, I'm just trying to keep up with my role model.:cool: The homo comment was nice too. hehe

You mean Sega Sports NFL2K3 is not da Topic of this thread?! :eek: :confused: :eek:

9 hours is a long time for a action game of this pace.

Now JJax, please dont insult da rest of us XBA gamers. We all know gerne of this type ala Max Lame have absolutely NO reply value,... other than what? Playing it on different difficulty levels.:rolleyes:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.

You may be right about this game being cool, and something to carrying one of in da time of bordom, but dont act like this game is da best thing since sliced bread.
It's onyl a mere Max Lame type of game. It's no MGS, or Slinter Cell.
I know damn well it does'nt take mad skillz to beat a game of this type.

Andas I have said before, I will buy it next week, but im not expecting nothing more than a few hours of enjoyment.
Im jsut hopeing one thing though,.. dat da side of the Xbox case is black so it will fit right next to my copies of Max Lame & Hunter as the shortest easiest Xbox game ever.

NAW MEAN!? :cool:

Ninja Scroll
08-23-2002, 10:03 AM

*I will be picking up dead to rights today, returning my nfl2k3... the massive bugs in the game killed the enjoyment for me.

-Borka105

Yeah, your prolly better off returning 2K3 cause you will be one less skilled gamer I will have to whoop on Xbox Live in November.
Thanks in advance for not waiting my time come da launch in November.

YA HERRED ME!?

borka105
08-23-2002, 10:12 AM
ninja- First of all- MAX PAYNE- is without a doubt one of the great action game ever created. The game has sold millions on the pc, ps2, and xbox. It won game of the year award on the pc. How you can't admit that it's a great game just bothers me a little bit. Every site loved the game, everyone that I know loved the game....

Can you please explain to me why you didn't like it?

btw, the thing about 2k3- I went 16-0 in my season and won the super bowl. I don't need to waste my time on crappy football games that can't get the simple things right. I listed my complaints in an earlier post, and I can't see how people can play this game when it has these massive bugs.

if i were to play you now- I am sure that it would be easy to see who the unskilled gamer really is.

Now can you dig dat!!!!!!

-Borka105

Ninja Scroll
08-23-2002, 10:34 AM
ninja- First of all- MAX PAYNE- is without a doubt one of the great action game ever created. The game has sold millions on the pc, ps2, and xbox. It won game of the year award on the pc. How you can't admit that it's a great game just bothers me a little bit. Every site loved the game, everyone that I know loved the game....

btw, the thing about 2k3- I went 16-0 in my season and won the super bowl. I don't need to waste my time on crappy football games that can't get the simple things right. I listed my complaints in an earlier post, and I can't see how people can play this game when it has these massive bugs.

if i were to play you now- I am sure that it would be easy to see who the unskilled gamer really is.

Now can you dig dat!!!!!!

-Borka105

Okay Borok-MK4 kid, or whatever your name is. Time foe da Ninja Pimp to tell it like it is, from a real gamers point of view, jerky.

1. Oh Ninja Hero of mine, why does Max Lame suck so much?
Cause the story line is da worst ever. It very confusing with one of the worst ending ever. Other than the Matrix "rip-off" slow mo gun fire the game is terrible in ever meaning of da word.
And what do you mean all the reviewers praised this game? I want one name? And I aint talkin about your baby brothers weekly news letter at junior high either.:rolleyes:
Also you said everyone you know said this game is one of da greatest? Shiiiiiiiii, now many peeps you know? And that does'nt refer to your favorite 5 fingers for your nightly sections.:rolleyes:

2. NFL2K3? You went 16-0 huh? How many times you press da reset button when you were losing? Or better yet, how muc hfun is it to play on "rookie" mode sunshine?
You aint gotta front for us, we all know you blow at da game, dats why you are whining you wittle eyes about it.
If I aint have no skillz in 2K3 like you I would had returned it too.

3. Can U Dig It? .... Did what? your nonesense jubber-jabbering with your crusty gums? Oh yeah.. I dig it! :rolleyes:

Woocifer
08-23-2002, 10:36 AM
may I also add that it said that it said the game is 9 hours long, but that in NO WAY means it will take you 9 hours.

9 hours is the length of the created game without dieing or anything.

If you read the review carefully it said about 13 hours.

Jjax- I dunno man, everywhere I read and play this version of R:E, it always gets a bad grade in controls. I think that if this problem could have been fixed it would have, this game was a straight port from the other version released several years ago with better graphics.

Also remember that just because it's the same publisher that doesn't mean it's the same development team :)

-Borka105

9....13.... the fact still remains that it is too short and sweet for the money.

JJaX
08-23-2002, 10:51 AM
Jjax- I dunno man, everywhere I read and play this version of R:E, it always gets a bad grade in controls. I think that if this problem could have been fixed it would have

But if they changed the controls it wouldnt be Resident evil anymore! :)

UltimateAg
08-23-2002, 01:01 PM

Max Payne was a great pc game, it's probably some of the most fun I've had on a pc game, but calling it the greatest action game ever is really stretching it. It suffered from MAJOR stability issues. And the xbox version can only be described by a single word...lame.

Ninja the fact of the matter is that NFL2K3 while having that football feel and look because of the espn license, is DATED.

I own the game and do like the gameplay and feel to it, but it's so 5 years behind it's time.

...Second, the game looks bad. These are DC graphics for sure.
DATED...DATED! Have you even played this game? Have you ever looked at their faces? It is freakin' scary how realistic they look. DC graphics are you kidding? My wife walked in when I was playing my first game and she thought I was watching a real game at first. Graphics and especially the texturing are considerable better than any other football game out.

The franchise mode is still the worst of all the football games.

ex. I played with Titans, and my rb. George had the most yards and td. of any rb in the league. At the end of the year his stats DECREASED BY 6 POINTS. This just shows you how behind VC is. Players stats change randomly and their is no DPP.

The worst franchise mode? I'm still questioning whether you've actually played this game. The franchise mode is the most in depth, most realistic franchise mode of any of the football games, with the rookie combine, and the way the draft is done, it truely feels like you're building a program rather than playing a game. You claim it's the worst because your favorite RB dropped 6 points. Maybe it's random, but maybe it's not, maybe it's just more realistic than your fantasy world. Maybe the game was taking into account the fact that Eddie George is turning 30 next year and traditionally most RB's take a major hit in production at that age or maybe it is random, but it definitely doesn't make it the worst of all the football games.

Gameplay: When defending against the pass: When you press "B" the game switches you to the reciever who at the moment is closest to the wr, not the cb who is at the end guarding him. THIS IS THE BIGGEST BUG, AND IT'S ONLY IN 2K3.

I still enjoy 2K3 because it is the closest to realistic football, but in the end it's way far from perfect.

While I admit that the bug you mentioned while defending the pass is a pain, and the most visible bug, it is easily played around. I can easily avoid this problem by waiting just an additional half second to select the guy I want. Every single game has bugs and glitches, nobody has every claimed that they've made a perfect game (although you seem to think Max Payne is). And it doesn't sound like you still enjoy it since you've mentioned in your later post that you're not going to waste your time with crappy football games. So you're obviously lying in one of your posts.

btw, lets try to speak english...........

just my 2 cents
-Borka105
If you have problems reading Ninja's posts than don't read them, nobody's forcing you. And next time could you make it just one cent.:)

While I understand that every person is entitled to their opinion, your opinions don't seem to be based on any logic or fact. I've always thought that Madden was the shiznit since the early days and have nearly hated every sega sports game. But any honest observer I think could conclude that NFL 2k3 has progressed light years in nearly all areas and IMO beats out all the other football games this year (and I've played them all). To say that it is 5 years behind and on par with DC graphics makes no sense, I suggest you go play a madden from '97 or '98 and still say that; you're not being honest.

So in conclusion, you have no problems claiming that Max Payne is "without a doubt one of the greatest action games ever" (<- edited to correct your english, maybe you shouldn't be criticizing Ninja, at least Ninja's is intentional) but NFL 2k3 is 5 years dated and has DC graphics. :confused:

I realize that I've been extremely harsh here in my disagreement, but your posts just don't seem to be based on logic. I hope we can still be friends though.:)

borka105
08-23-2002, 02:05 PM
yes, we can still be friends.

I played 2k3 for about 3 more hours today, and decided that I was going to return it. That's what the difference is between those 2 posts.

You can obviously tell that I have the game, by how specific my arguements are.

In terms of graphics- I was more focusing on the surroundings than the players themselves. Yes, the players FACES look very good (NOT THE MODELS), but the stadiums look horrid. I know you can see what I am saying.

For instance, While playing the game their are jaggies everywhere in the stadiums (I know I am not the only one who sees this), also what's up with the ref......
The faces of "major players" are done well, but the rest are the same "FRANKENSTIEN" faces. It doesn't look right when such high polygoned player models are playing on a bland jaggy stadium. This doesn't come close to looking as good as the other football games.

Franchise- This not only happened to Eddie George but also to other players. How a player progresses is the most important thing in a franchise mode and when it's the biggest fault in this game, other features such as the combine don't stand out anymore.
BTW, the combine is no big deal. Just a screen where you choose (A)- Scout for 1 hour, (B)- Full scouting job....... It's not that big of a deal that you make it out to be. In then end, if you have a later pick, the combine doesn't do anything to help you.

Lastly, about passing- It is not that important when you play on rookie, but when I was in the heat of moment on ALL PRO, it really does bug you. Infact wether or not you want to admit it, it's a HUGE BUG............

also, I don't see why you say max payne was great on the pc, then it's lame on xbox. How can it now be lame?

It's like saying, when halo goes to the pc it will be lame.....

Don't see your reasoning here.

*Ninja and Jjax I'll answer to your posts later tonight, real busy today.

-Borka105

UltimateAg
08-23-2002, 02:11 PM
also, I don't see why you say max payne was great on the pc, then it's lame on xbox. How can it now be lame?
-Borka105

Have you played the game on xbox? It plays awful and looks horrid compared to the pc version.

Oh, and I'm not playing rookie, I'm playing all pro as well.

borka105
08-23-2002, 02:12 PM
My posts not based on logic?

I have a right to say that Max Payne is one of the greatest actions games ever made-

IGN, Gamespot, and Game Informer seem to all suppsort my opinion. Why don't you go read their reviews.

My 2k3 explaination couldn't be anymore clearer. Great presentation and feel may have sold you, But I go for gameplay and franchise.

I clearly explained two huge flaws in these departments.

So what's wrong with my reasoning?

-Borka105

JJaX
08-23-2002, 02:14 PM
Ill probaly re-buy 2k3 and give it another chance...........

UltimateAg
08-23-2002, 02:18 PM
My posts not based on logic?

So what's wrong with my reasoning?

-Borka105

You also said NFL 2k3 was 5 yrs behind and had DC graphics! That statement if you went and played a madden from '97 or '98 is not logical. And the reviewers that you reverently point to for Max Payne would strongly disagree with you on NFL 2k3, check'em out.

borka105
08-23-2002, 02:19 PM
I should be receiving my copy of nfl fever2003 any day now.

So far both madden and sega have come up way short. This maybe the one year where I won't own a football game.

It said how a game can have all the millions and millions of features, but the most important ones it can't have.

Well, the extra 50 will go towards another game, and that maybe a good thing, with the slew of AAA titles coming out month after month.

-Borka105

borka105
08-23-2002, 02:26 PM
Dude stop skipping subjects.

We are talking about Max Payne. I listed the sources and they agree with me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never said 2k3 was a bad game, but it's bugs don't cut it for me. It's the best out, BUT THAT'S NOT SAYING MUCH. So stop getting on my case with excuses when everything I am saying is based on facts, and YOU KNOW IT!!!!.

I have spoke nothing but the truth, why can't you acknowledge what I am saying. Max Payne couldn't have been LAME on the xbox when every major mag and site gave it a 9 AND ABOVE.

9's are for the best games, PROVING MY STATEMENT THAT MAX PAYNE IS ONE OF THE BEST.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when you have an arguement stick with what you said, don't jump around.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Ninja can't take his head out of his azz to realize that what I am saying are PLAIN FACTS, that's ok........ everyone has his own opinions, but OPINIONS DON'T EQUAL FACTS!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Borka105

UltimateAg
08-23-2002, 02:36 PM
Dude stop skipping subjects.

We are talking about Max Payne. I listed the sources and they agree with me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never said 2k3 was a bad game, but it's bugs don't cut it for me. It's the best out, BUT THAT'S NOT SAYING MUCH. So stop getting on my case with excuses when everything I am saying is based on facts, and YOU KNOW IT!!!!.

I have spoke nothing but the truth, why can't you acknowledge what I am saying. Max Payne couldn't have been LAME on the xbox when every major mag and site gave it a 9 AND ABOVE.

9's are for the best games, PROVING MY STATEMENT THAT MAX PAYNE IS ONE OF THE BEST.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when you have an arguement stick with what you said, don't jump around.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Ninja can't take his head out of his azz to realize that what I am saying are PLAIN FACTS, that's ok........ everyone has his own opinions, but OPINIONS DON'T EQUAL FACTS!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Borka105

Just relax man, I was simply explaining to you further why your statements weren't logical. If you want to stick with max payne fine we can talk about it, if you wanna talk about nfl 2k3 fine we can talk about that, if you don't wanna talk at all fine, maybe we shouldn't since you're obviously taking this a little hard. But the fact remains that you made some pretty outrageous statements based on your opinions not facts.

And I'm not quite sure why you'd think I was jumping around since your post contained max payne and NFL 2k3 while mine did the same?:confused:

DZNUTZ
08-23-2002, 02:49 PM
borka..your wrong about RE
you wrong about 2k3 (and if u expect me to belive u went undefeated and won the superbowl on all pro....then u got another theing coming...like a big yea right mufuca)
your also wrong about max payne

3 strikes...your out

btw..i picked up dead torights last night....so far i'm unsure...haven't played it enuff...while some aspects i seem to like....the graphics and camera angles are dissapointing.

also...go get 2k3 jjax....i wanna knock helmets come nov 15th.

JJaX
08-23-2002, 02:50 PM

Wreckless also recieved a score of 9.0

JJaX slams Gavel

Court dismissed

borka105
08-23-2002, 09:21 PM
DZNUTZ, how am I wrong about 2k3? How can you as a football fan play a game that he no realism in terms of franchise mode.
If I am kurt warner, and I have a 99 rating. If I through 10 interceptions in EACH of my first 10 games, and my ranking is still 99 then their is something wrong with the game. Should the players visions ranking drop? accuracy ranking drop? BUT NO NOT IN 2K3. Heck, at the end of the year he will have a 100 rating... How can that be?

And, my statement about defending the wr is true, Ultimate AG even agreeed with me.

I never said I went 16-0 on all pro. Don't put words in my mouth thank you.

Jjax, yes ign gave wreckless a 9.0, but gamespot didn't, and game informer didn't. BUT THEY ALL GAVE MAX PAYNE A 9 and above.

-Borka105

Markus_Kalarkus
08-24-2002, 09:54 PM
This game looks really cool!!! I won't buy it but for sure a rental:)

whatsyourprob?
08-27-2002, 01:56 PM
Whoever is saying the graphics blow in DTR has to be playing on a 20 year old 17" Daewoo. this game looks just fine on my 32" sony. i can see reflections in the water or marble floors, i can see bits of brick and smoke fly though the air when the AI misses me with their shotguns and blast a wall instead. i can see puddles of blood form under corpses. and there arent many better images then exploding a canister in a crowd of 5+ clowns!

Spacewolf
09-01-2002, 09:40 PM
After playing this game I have to say thank God I rented instead of buying it. This game has so much promise but in my opinion it fell so short. The graphics are good, they story line is okay. I love some of the stuff you can do. But the camera is frustrating, and the game gets very repatative. Ah well I would guess that is why they make differnt games for everyone.

The pros I found to this game. Love the disarming, love the hand to hand. I got to shoot clowns, now that was just way to cool.

The cons EVE, the camera controls, Eve,

Shiz_96
09-04-2002, 04:53 PM

You are so right it's unbelievable. It's only 1 in 5 games that EGM comes close to getting it right when they review xbox games. They repeatedly hate on xbox games and its so obvious they are PS2 fanboys. OXM does far too much boasting in their previews and it backfires. They talk smack and then the games turns out to be average most of the time, its starting to feel like the boy who cried wolf.

HaVoK
09-08-2002, 12:44 PM
By far the best game I've played in a long time. It gives you almost the same feeling Max Payne did the first time you went through it, but offers so much more in terms of controll, and replay value.