PDA

View Full Version : Are you an automaton??

aronx
11-05-2001, 04:05 PM
Intelligence is the key to choosing the console that fits your needs. Don't just run out and buy an XBox because its "Better" and the GameCube sucks. The GameCube is going to rock and so is the XBox (notice no mention of the PS2). Just because XBox is bigger doesn't mean its better. It definitely has more potential than the GameCube, but you have to find developers who are skilled enough to use the hardware efficiently. The only thing I see wrong with the XBox now is loading times. Of course this is just based on one small session of Oddworld at CompUSA. It took a good minute for the game to load. I'm not sure if no more loads were necessary or if that load is periodical. Also I fear Micrsoft engineers will once again ignore deadlock. I'm not sure what OS there running, but they better have addressed this problem (which is so prevelant in all its OSs). But then I think, the Dreamcast uses Win CE and it doesn't seem to be a problem. I've only Q3 lock up on me a few times. So anyway, in the long run I think the XBox will be a solid system as long as quality games keep rolling out. Hopefully all systems will survive (including PS2). That way we have more choices of games and systems, which is a good thing. Leaving XBox the lone winner of the console wars will ensure that Microsoft provides us with **** games and hardware in the future (just like now with their OSs). Competition will force them to create quality. Thats my 2 cents. By the way, I CANT F-ING WAIT TO PLAY HALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a-ron of Uranus

l Maximus l
11-05-2001, 04:20 PM
aronx...Don't worry about the games, Microsoft has over 200 3rd party companies making the games so far...and, the fact that they have 32 games available at launch is a good indication that demonstrates what is to come. What other console can boast a 32-game launch? I'll help you out>>>>>>>None, of course.

The GameCube will be, no doubt, a good system...but, I'm looking for a great system and find that in the XBox. That Munch demo that you watched or played wasn't even the real deal...that was one demo amongst several other demos that were on the system...I saw and played the demo...it's not even close to what the real game is like...it's like comparing taking a bite out of some pie crust compared to eating an entire pie.

The GameCube will undoubtably be popular among the young tikes....kids that are between 4-12 years old. The XBox is designed for people who are betwene 13 - 100 years old...I like the odds better considering that I am turning 26 this month.

So, it is my opinion (but we will see) that people want more from a console that boasts to be considered a "next generation console"...we don't need old stuff with enhancements...we need new technology and capability altogether. And, we get that with the XBox. :)

-Max

Tazilla
11-06-2001, 03:42 PM
Developers, Developers, Developers,... I've heard that somewhere,... Nintendo IMO is going to shootthemselves in the foot once again,.. in their minds its their way or no way,.. it hurt them on the N64, and have a feeling that they are going to do it again,... I have watched the system for as long as I have known aboutit,... and so far, it is a year late,.. and there are going to be only three games at launch,.. or five,.. anyway,.. very little compared to the Xbox,.. which is only going to be one week late,... from it's original lauch date,.. I remember Sony was over a month late in their launch, and it's line up was not a very good one, very little choice of titles at launch. I only got two titles when I got my PS2, and a year later I only have four games for it,..

I'm getting 7-8 games at launch for Xbox,.. the choiced are that good,.. and ther is more that I want,... I can't afford any more,... I will survive I guess,... I feel that MS, will win the hearts and respect of many gamers, and people that toallydislike the system right now,... does anyone remember Sony's hard faught battle with Nintendo many years ago,.. there's a new kid on the Block,.. and HE is a big kid....

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 03:45 PM
Amen! hehehe...

D a m n...I can't find my beer

Tazilla
11-06-2001, 04:04 PM
*Tazilla runs far away laughing, "I got it! I got it!,.. when he wasn't looking I got it!!!"

fanofslipknotib
11-06-2001, 05:35 PM
You drink too much beer....

Tazilla
11-06-2001, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by fanofslipknotib
You drink too much beer....

Hey!!!!

I resemble that remark,....

:D

aronx
11-07-2001, 06:12 PM
I'm still wondering how I'm gonna get my hands on one come Nov. 15. Camping out in front of Best Buy all night doesn't sound like a bad idea (Vegas is nice and cool at night). If that fails, I guess I'll beat the hell out of someone smaller than me that gets one and take it from them. If reference to the GC, Target has a display up of all three systems side by side (XBox, GC, PS2). I was playing NFL Fever for XBox and thought it kinda sucked (no one has ever matched Madden). PS2 has Spy Hunter rolling, I didn't care. GC had some playable demo running. Star Wars and Luigis Mansion look alright, but nothing like Super Mario 64. I remember seeing that game (SM64) for the first time and being blown away. Luigis Mansion looks like a port of that game with Mario dressed in green instead of red. I have been a long time supporter of nintendo, but now that support will probably end unless they can crank out some mature games. So....I wasn't trying to bad mouth XBox, thats where my $$$ will go, I was just trying to express my concerns about Microsoft and their reputation in the professional world.